Thread: STANG KILLA SS goes racin (part 2)

Registered Member STANG KILLA SS's Avatar

vCash

Exclamation STANG KILLA SS goes racin (part 2)

old thread maxed out posts so starting part 2
    original part 1
    https://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php/940542

vCash
    Gotten behind on my updates.
    Had a bunch of firsts last month. First time with NASA, first time on NT01 tires, first time with wing, and first time running the half course 1.7 mile at MSR Cresson.

Nasa:
    Got my nasa membership and my first time running with nasa (just track day for now) busiest ive ever seen Cresson. place was packed. sadly i had to miss Super Lap Battle at COTA for this, but was a requirement to get my license later.

Nitto NT01s:
    first time trying these. i have to say i was pretty impressed, even coming from my Rivals. especially the first two heat cycles/sessions, they felt untouchable. like i could do anything i wanted and they just took it and delivered. after those first two heat cycles though i could already somehow feel them falling off a touch. still inline with the rivals, but not as good as those first two magic heat cycles. ive later learned they may like lower pressures than the rivals. (always ran at 34psi) i need to do more testing.

Wing:
    YES YES YES!!!! this is the balance and confidence ive been looking for in this car for 4 years! even with it only set at 0.85* (no splitter) the difference in balance and confidence was VERY obvious! i felt SO confident to drive harder. awesome!

Cresson 1.7
    never could get the new to me crossover right. messed my timing for richocet up as well. i was slow there all day.

vCash
    Got my NASA Racing License! + beginners luck?

What a weekend! Been busting my butt the last 6 months to get this thing all legal for nasa. Drove up to Eagles Canyon Raceway to attend the comp school to get my NASA license. Passed the classes, test, and drills friday and was throw straight into the racing saturday and sunday. Showed up on street tires against everyone else on slicks, also had the wing set at 1/2 a degree and no splitter and 125 lbs too heavy. All at a track id never even seen!

but i was there just to have fun, and get the license. my only goal. but it turns out i was actually competitive. 48 hours after getting my rookie license i had Three 2nd places and a win! couldnt believe it!
    The car did awesome too. never took out a single tool or jack. never touched it. was flawless. just napped under the shade tree between races. brakes were really strong, i could go as deep as anyone. but the street tires just couldnt hang in the corners. The main car i battled with all weekend for the lead was a Mazerati GT4 car on Pirelli slicks.

Also got to meet a ton of the guys i sim race with. got a HELL of a start on the final race going from 9th to 4th before the first turn. Went on to pull off the win. What a weekend, Excited for the future!

Comp School

Tech Inspection

Griding up

Lets Go! All of my sim racing kept me calm. I had been in all of these situations 1000s of times. only difference, now it was real fiberglass and blood

T2

first race, first podium. 2nd Place. whos amped?!

just hittin marks

Yellow C5 was in Comp School with me. young kid. Had a bunch of trouble in tech, but did well too.

Grid focus. every race i kept moving up the qual spots 1 position as i learned the track.

my main competition all weekend. GT4 Mazerati on Pirelli Slicks. my street tires could hang the first two laps. but once his slicks were up to temp, he slowely walked away.

Race#4 final of the weekend. i had a killer start taking over lead in class, and 4th overall, and held onto it for my first win!!!!!!

T1 car was really strong on the brakes here

What a weekend!

Happened right ahead of me

Sadly my GoPro stoped on grid, on race 4 and my first win. luckily a few racers donated there footage of my awesome start

vCash
    Wow pretty cool

vCash
    Living the dream!

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Locker537
    AWESOME MAN! Congrats!

And holy..what happed with the airborne Porsche?

vCash
    cant see those tiny radicals. there below the mirrors of a GT car. turned in, never knowing he was there. car is shaped like ramp.

vCash
    It was a 911 club racer. It was bound to happen at some point eventually.

Registered Member

vCash
    Way to go Stang!!!!!

Exhaust didn't fall off did it?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Locker537
    Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    cant see those tiny radicals. there below the mirrors of a GT car. turned in, never knowing he was there. car is shaped like ramp.
    Did it land wheels down or fully go over? Dang.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    It was a 911 club racer. It was bound to happen at some point eventually.
    i can verify Porsche drivers have no clue what those reflective things on there doors are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter98TA View Post
    Way to go Stang!!!!!

Exhaust didn't fall off did it?
    thanks! havent had an issue with that since i slit the pipes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Locker537 View Post
    Did it land wheels down or fully go over? Dang.
    landed back on wheels. i arrived just as they were both parting seas to the grass on either side. carbon bits flying everywhere.