Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 121 to 147 of 147

Thread: What will it run?

  1. #121
    Netflix Guru crAzy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Kepler 452b
    Posts
    49,883
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    Welp...

    Today I ordered Weld S71 front runners and drag radials and a rotofab.

    God damnit.
    OK new time with those will be 11.097 @ 124.23

  2. #122
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by crAzy View Post
    OK new time with those will be 11.097 @ 124.23
    Honestly, I mostly ordered the wheels because if I can get the car to run 10.9s consistently without fucking with much, I very well may just let it be for a while.


    *Hits a 10.9. Calls tuner to make appointment from the parking lot

  3. #123
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Newfield NJ
    Posts
    14,032
    vCash
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    Honestly, I mostly ordered the wheels because if I can get the car to run 10.9s consistently without fucking with much, I very well may just let it be for a while.


    *Hits a 10.9. Calls tuner to make appointment from the parking lot
    yup, I see that happening!!!

  4. #124
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    So, I go to test fit new Welds and I get out the 4 way to break the lugnuts loose and can not budge the fucking things.

    So, I say ok. I got you bitch. So, off to Lowes I go to buy a cordless impact. Hit the lugnut with the impact. Well of course now we are crossthreaded and need a new stud.

    So, off to the dealership I go. Turns out, the lugnuts swell, and so I used the wrong size socket. Mother fucker.

    Now I gotta get these things test fit and any work done sometime this week before Saturday.

  5. #125
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    44,401
    vCash
    31500
    This is almost as exciting as when snake eater updates us on his 150k mile toyota minivan.



  6. #126
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    This is almost as exciting as when snake eater updates us on his 150k mile toyota minivan.


    Still better than PCED.

  7. #127
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    44,401
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    Still better than PCED.
    Touché.

  8. #128
    Never Ends....
    PC PaiN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    27,542
    vCash
    5269
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PC PaiN
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    Still better than PCED.
    Low bar. Real real low bar

  9. #129
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Alright boyos. Let's try again.

    Got the drag radials on and the weld front runners. 18x5 S71s. Got the rotofab on. Got the backseat out (33lbs). Gonna get her to about 3/8ths tank. Gonna pull spoiler at the track. Mid 60's and sunny. 371ft of elevation. Gonna get there about two hours early to let it cool down and still get some early morning runs.

    Is the effort worth .28 seconds? Will it pull a 10.99?

  10. #130
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    91,398
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    Alright boyos. Let's try again.

    Got the drag radials on and the weld front runners. 18x5 S71s. Got the rotofab on. Got the backseat out (33lbs). Gonna get her to about 3/8ths tank. Gonna pull spoiler at the track. Mid 60's and sunny. 371ft of elevation. Gonna get there about two hours early to let it cool down and still get some early morning runs.

    Is the effort worth .28 seconds? Will it pull a 10.99?
    11.00000000001

  11. #131
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    44,401
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    Alright boyos. Let's try again.

    Got the drag radials on and the weld front runners. 18x5 S71s. Got the rotofab on. Got the backseat out (33lbs). Gonna get her to about 3/8ths tank. Gonna pull spoiler at the track. Mid 60's and sunny. 371ft of elevation. Gonna get there about two hours early to let it cool down and still get some early morning runs.

    Is the effort worth .28 seconds? Will it pull a 10.99?

  12. #132
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    That isn't very nice!

  13. #133
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    10.961 @ 127.04



    Not bad at all for a drag pack and a CAI. I'm pretty surprised.

  14. #134
    Logical Hyperion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    10.961 @ 127.04



    Not bad at all for a drag pack and a CAI. I'm pretty surprised.
    Thus is a great platform, congrats on the run. I'm eagerly awaiting my time to go to the track with double your power and see what happens. 10.90 is pretty famn good for a basically stock car.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  15. #135
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Thus is a great platform, congrats on the run. I'm eagerly awaiting my time to go to the track with double your power and see what happens. 10.90 is pretty famn good for a basically stock car.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I am really impressed. I bought the car expecting 11.4s. And would be great on a road course.

    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing yours run. That should be an insane ride. What do you think it'll do?

  16. #136
    Logical Hyperion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    I am really impressed. I bought the car expecting 11.4s. And would be great on a road course.

    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing yours run. That should be an insane ride. What do you think it'll do?
    I'm really impressed with yours honestly. 10.90s is incredible for a mostly stock street car. I'll be happy with anything unde 9.99.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  17. #137
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I'm really impressed with yours honestly. 10.90s is incredible for a mostly stock street car. I'll be happy with anything unde 9.99.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I think you will manage that 9.99

  18. #138
    Logical Hyperion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    I think you will manage that 9.99
    I'm a HUGE pessimist, lol.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  19. #139
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I'm a HUGE pessimist, lol.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I know about that life.

    Now I'm shopping for meth kits. Pulley, meth, E, headers seem to be the right move.


  20. #140
    Logical Hyperion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    I know about that life.

    Now I'm shopping for meth kits. Pulley, meth, E, headers seem to be the right move.

    Honestly I'd do port injection over meth, that way you'd have enough fuel for whatever you throw at it. Look into Crawford Racing port injection and have enough fuel for 1400 on E85.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  21. #141
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75


    Photo with the dancing shoes on for good measure.

  22. #142
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Honestly I'd do port injection over meth, that way you'd have enough fuel for whatever you throw at it. Look into Crawford Racing port injection and have enough fuel for 1400 on E85.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    So, the main problem, I'll be knocking on the door of a 9 second pass with just E, meth, and pulleys. So, I have no fucking clue what to do really. I need an end game. If I'm going to have a car that is stupid fast, I'm going to have to do a cage an whatnot to race it. So, do I really want to do that?

    Brett has a car knocking on the door of 8's with basically meth, E, ported blower, and pulleys. What do you even do with the car at that point? Once you put a cage in it, that is your forever car

  23. #143
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75


    Tuna should visit PA. Pics are not my specialty.

  24. #144
    Registered Member Black96lt1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    G'vlle,SC
    Posts
    17,573
    vCash
    2261
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gameskin
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post


    Tuna should visit PA. Pics are not my specialty.
    Clean up the background lol!

    Car looks good though. Love that color.

  25. #145
    Logical Hyperion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    So, the main problem, I'll be knocking on the door of a 9 second pass with just E, meth, and pulleys. So, I have no fucking clue what to do really. I need an end game. If I'm going to have a car that is stupid fast, I'm going to have to do a cage an whatnot to race it. So, do I really want to do that?

    Brett has a car knocking on the door of 8's with basically meth, E, ported blower, and pulleys. What do you even do with the car at that point? Once you put a cage in it, that is your forever car
    I understand, my car does not have a cage in it and never will. Our local track is pretty lax on cage rules with newer cars.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  26. #146
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,038
    vCash
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I understand, my car does not have a cage in it and never will. Our local track is pretty lax on cage rules with newer cars.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I don't necessarily mind the cage. I just get bored and want something new all the time, and once the cage goes in, trading/selling gets a lot harder.

    I need to look into some of the classes I could compete in at tracks around me. Honestly, the drag week competitions would be something I could get hyper into. I'm going to see where a few simple mods land me for the moment. Meth really isn't a "wasted" mod regardless. Even doing port injection and having plenty of fuel, meth never hurts.

  27. #147
    Logical Hyperion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,221
    vCash
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    I don't necessarily mind the cage. I just get bored and want something new all the time, and once the cage goes in, trading/selling gets a lot harder.

    I need to look into some of the classes I could compete in at tracks around me. Honestly, the drag week competitions would be something I could get hyper into. I'm going to see where a few simple mods land me for the moment. Meth really isn't a "wasted" mod regardless. Even doing port injection and having plenty of fuel, meth never hurts.
    If you are running full E85 it isn't needed, if you are running 93 it's definitely helpful. Don't use it as a fuel though because if the pump fails motor goes boom. I had a pump fail on me and got lucky, I swore I'd never depend on meth as a fuel again.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •