Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Mid-life crisis time!

  1. #1
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25

    Mid-life crisis time!

    Yeah, I know....everybody hates verts and everybody hates C5's that aren't z06's. But 530 rwhp makes it better.


  2. #2
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    what's the setup?

  3. #3
    DANSBIRD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    180,232
    vCash
    0
    Congrats

  4. #4
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    what's the setup?
    A&A procharger kit, small blower cam, stock heads

  5. #5
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    A&A procharger kit, small blower cam, stock heads
    boost FTW

    looks like a fun car

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Newfield NJ
    Posts
    13,993
    vCash
    990
    That should blow your hair around!! Looks great

  7. #7
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    boost FTW

    looks like a fun car
    it's a blast to drive. I doubt I'll keep it more than a year or so, but that's not because of anything to do with the car itself...I just get bored.

  8. #8
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    it's a blast to drive. I doubt I'll keep it more than a year or so, but that's not because of anything to do with the car itself...I just get bored.
    nothing wrong with that

  9. #9
    Registered Member Black96lt1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    G'vlle,SC
    Posts
    17,487
    vCash
    2261
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gameskin
    black top?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sax1031's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Columbia,SC
    Posts
    110,479
    vCash
    92
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: vLEG10Nv


    530rwhp is very nice also.

  11. #11
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96lt1 View Post
    black top?
    yep, I said I'd never own another black car but if it has to be, it might as well be all black

  12. #12
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    6 speed?

  13. #13
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    6 speed?
    come on

  14. #14
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    44,869
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    I like it. The Z06 wheels make a world of difference in how it looks.

  15. #15
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    come on
    I knew the answer but I had to ask anyway before I had a panic attack

  16. #16
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    I knew the answer but I had to ask anyway before I had a panic attack
    It needs a shifter. Whatever is in there now isn't stock, but I don't care much for it. Probably gonna go MGW.

  17. #17
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    It needs a shifter. Whatever is in there now isn't stock, but I don't care much for it. Probably gonna go MGW.
    heard nothing but good things

    whenever I swap my clutch and slave I'm going to switch to the MGW or the new Tick performance shifter

  18. #18
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    heard nothing but good things

    whenever I swap my clutch and slave I'm going to switch to the MGW or the new Tick performance shifter
    didn't know Tick was making one for f-bodies, but considering their MC was probably the best thing I did for my last one, I'd trust them in a heartbeat.

  19. #19
    Custom User Title Hobbes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gone Fishing, CO
    Posts
    13,366
    vCash
    346
    Hell yeah

  20. #20
    SPECIAL DARK HOTCIVIC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    24,742
    vCash
    3000
    Damn that looks like fun

  21. #21
    CEO: US Heat Lightning Network Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shitcago
    Posts
    50,953
    vCash
    4390

  22. #22
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,602
    vCash
    2596
    I love it personally. Of any style C5 I think I would want a vert.

  23. #23
    Registered Member Black96lt1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    G'vlle,SC
    Posts
    17,487
    vCash
    2261
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gameskin
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    yep, I said I'd never own another black car but if it has to be, it might as well be all black
    Hard to resist a triple black vert. I was just looking at some c5 rebuilds on youtube. I like the seats and radio in this one:


  24. #24
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    44,273
    vCash
    31500
    Nice looking C5.

  25. #25
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,602
    vCash
    2596
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96lt1 View Post
    Hard to resist a triple black vert. I was just looking at some c5 rebuilds on youtube. I like the seats and radio in this one:

    Agree on those points. The red and black though. Ugh. Completely clashes with the exterior. Should have turned it all black except the corvette on the dash.

  26. #26
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,026
    vCash
    75
    Nice! I want far too many cars lol.

  27. #27
    Registered Member Black96lt1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    G'vlle,SC
    Posts
    17,487
    vCash
    2261
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gameskin
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
    Agree on those points. The red and black though. Ugh. Completely clashes with the exterior. Should have turned it all black except the corvette on the dash.
    Yea the red is hideous in that car.

  28. #28
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    44,869
    vCash
    1326
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GearheadSS
    I always wondered why black/red was an option on a yellow C5 Z06. One of the guys that used to come to our GTGs back in the LS1 days used to have one that color.

  29. #29
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96lt1 View Post
    Hard to resist a triple black vert. I was just looking at some c5 rebuilds on youtube. I like the seats and radio in this one:

    I almost went with that Android unit, but I couldn't find the right model to make it work correctly. Bought one of the crappy Metra double din consoles on amazon, sent it back and now waiting on the expensive one to install the JVC head unit I bought. Until then rocking the 2003 Alpine single din style haha

  30. #30
    Registered Member Black96lt1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    G'vlle,SC
    Posts
    17,487
    vCash
    2261
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gameskin
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    I almost went with that Android unit, but I couldn't find the right model to make it work correctly. Bought one of the crappy Metra double din consoles on amazon, sent it back and now waiting on the expensive one to install the JVC head unit I bought. Until then rocking the 2003 Alpine single din style haha
    That sucks. Never seen one fit that good like in the video. It was just about perfect.

  31. #31
    the horror . . . the horror EVILFACE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Yukon, OK
    Posts
    3,643
    vCash
    366
    New Balance shoes and jean shorts in the mail? And yes, it is a very real thing.

  32. #32
    This one's for you, Nell cuda6pak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    9,901
    vCash
    1705
    How much did you get it for?

    I am strongly considering purchasing a 94 C4 6mt this week and joining the mid-life crisis crew

  33. #33
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda6pak View Post
    How much did you get it for?

    I am strongly considering purchasing a 94 C4 6mt this week and joining the mid-life crisis crew
    I paid $14k which I think was fair considering just the SC install was over $10k. Also a stock C5 ranges anywhere from $9k to $19k depending on which way the wind blows it seems.

    I passed on a 96 LT4 car a few months ago that I immediately kicked myself for and before I bought this was ready to pull the trigger on a 94 zr-1, but the guy ghosted me. I dig C4's a lot.

  34. #34
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    109,766
    vCash
    19025
    damn that's a good deal

    well done

  35. #35
    Registered Member 024mula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,037
    vCash
    500
    Nice looking car but the garage floor may need a little help.

  36. #36
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Nice looking car but the garage floor may need a little help.
    I have no intention of ever spending a dime on a garage floor

  37. #37
    Registered Member 024mula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,037
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    I have no intention of ever spending a dime on a garage floor
    I heard that

  38. #38
    What the cluck?
    GldRush98's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Springfield, IL.
    Posts
    54,331
    vCash
    8000
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GldRush98 Steam ID: GldRush98
    Fuckin right, that should be a lot of fun

  39. #39
    Divorce is ugly 383nitrouZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North of 2
    Posts
    23,026
    vCash
    75
    I originally read that as 350 rwhp. I now see it says 530rwhp.

    350 is fun. 530 is both more fun and less fun lol.

    As a buddy elegantly put it, 530hp is more fun, 350hp is fun, more. Lol

  40. #40
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    29,325
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by 383nitrouZ View Post
    I originally read that as 350 rwhp. I now see it says 530rwhp.

    350 is fun. 530 is both more fun and less fun lol.

    As a buddy elegantly put it, 530hp is more fun, 350hp is fun, more. Lol
    First gear is worthless, second gear is scary and don't even think about turning off traction control. That's about where I'm at with it now and that's with 888R's on the rear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •