Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: '80 F250 with 87 miles

  1. #1
    I am that guy... JRothschild13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Palm Bay- Floriduh
    Posts
    17,610
    vCash
    767
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Barricade013 PSN ID: Stormshadow13

    Thumbs up '80 F250 with 87 miles

    Dang talk about a trip back in time where trucks were simple...

    Reg cab long bed


  2. #2
    CEO: US Heat Lightning Network Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shitcago
    Posts
    50,741
    vCash
    4580
    That is a rare bird. It is bone stock but has "Custom" logos.


  3. #3
    Registered Member zo6pilot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    10,032
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr WeatherBoner View Post
    That is a rare bird. It is bone stock but has "Custom" logos.

    That's the trim level.

  4. #4
    CEO: US Heat Lightning Network Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shitcago
    Posts
    50,741
    vCash
    4580
    Quote Originally Posted by zo6pilot View Post
    That's the trim level.
    Thanks for the clarification



  5. #5
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    43,944
    vCash
    31500
    Teri and her husband already have a sucker, err, buyer, on the line to sell it to for $450,000.

  6. #6
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    30,791
    vCash
    7246
    People are paying a stupid grip for these finds.
    Without reading, I think that one sold for $90k. It's sweet, but damn.

    I saw a 2.8 4wd Ranger from the early 80s fetch nearly as much.

  7. #7
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,209
    vCash
    2596
    Awful lot of scuff marks and missing paint for something someone went to such an effort of preserving...

  8. #8
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    30,791
    vCash
    7246
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
    Awful lot of scuff marks and missing paint for something someone went to such an effort of preserving...
    I don't think anyone went to much effort, so much as it was just parked.

  9. #9
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,209
    vCash
    2596
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    I don't think anyone went to much effort, so much as it was just parked.
    Regardless of the effort required, I'm just curious how it has so many blemishes if it was just parked... If someone was preserving it like this you'd think at least they would be careful around the thing... I mean where the hell did that ding come from on the tailgate?
    Last edited by ChillPhatCat; 02-10-2021 at 10:10 PM.

  10. #10
    ZFG Crew Dr. DitchCricket's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between NOLA & a swamp
    Posts
    46,776
    vCash
    16732
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: MudBoatCpt
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
    Regardless of the effort required, I'm just curious how it has so many blemishes if it was just parked... If someone was preserving it like this you'd think at least they would be careful around the thing... I mean where the hell did that ding come from on the tailgate?
    My initial impression was that it was purchased as a farm truck bur never used so maybe it was parked in a barn with other large pieces of farm equipment that was regularly used/being moved in & out of the barn?

  11. #11
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    3,118
    vCash
    500
    A few years ago, an 87 Ford F250 got sold that had 19 miles on it. It was local to me. The dude drove it home from the dealership, parked it in front of his house, and there it sat. I used to drive by it all the time. It was a 4x4, 460 engine, 5 speed, and it was all white. Well....brown after 30 plus years of sitting under a tree.

  12. #12
    Eraser Dope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    17,355
    vCash
    31682
    Damn, that thing was built right around the time I was.

    It seems to be holding up a whole lot better too.

    Dope

  13. #13
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    30,791
    vCash
    7246
    Also, it will leak from every gasket it has.

  14. #14
    Eraser Dope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Assachusetts
    Posts
    17,355
    vCash
    31682
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    Also, it will leak from every gasket it has.
    Also just like me.

    Dope

  15. #15
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Newfield NJ
    Posts
    13,832
    vCash
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Dope View Post
    Also just like me.

    Dope

  16. #16
    This one's for you, Nell cuda6pak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    9,780
    vCash
    1705

  17. #17
    Registered Member Cerwin Vega Fan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Escaped from Louisiana.
    Posts
    18,303
    vCash
    7064
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    A few years ago, an 87 Ford F250 got sold that had 19 miles on it. It was local to me. The dude drove it home from the dealership, parked it in front of his house, and there it sat. I used to drive by it all the time. It was a 4x4, 460 engine, 5 speed, and it was all white. Well....brown after 30 plus years of sitting under a tree.
    Did the guy die? Why would someone do that?

  18. #18
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,209
    vCash
    2596
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan View Post
    Did the guy die? Why would someone do that?
    It looked too purty. Probably some OCD thing I'd bet.


    There's a guy local here and he's got about 20 cars... some really nice classics from the 40's and 50's and some just kinda... why are you preserving that? He's got a C4, some 80's G-body, and several other 80's vintage cars that aren't specifically that nice... Probably bought them and then for some reason he can't get rid of them and won't drive them... You always see them scattered around his lawn on a nice day and then they go back in the barn when it rains and snows.
    Last edited by ChillPhatCat; 02-13-2021 at 06:02 PM.

  19. #19
    Call Jesus@1800HoldJesus Jesus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Heaven.. duh.
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    497
    Do not watch video with sound.

  20. #20
    Good Times Hank Moody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    52,711
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda6pak View Post
    the comments ..

  21. #21
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    30,791
    vCash
    7246
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan View Post
    Did the guy die? Why would someone do that?
    Not that uncommon.

    2 streets over from where I grew up, we always noticed a first gen Firebird in a garage, with shit piled all over it.
    Saw it for 30+yrs. Tons of people inquired about it. Gentlemen always said it wasnt for sale. Some years ago, the house sold, and a friend of the realtor mentioned the older gentleman died. Car was hjs son's, who died while enlisted. Car had 1,800mi on it. Ended up in the hands of a relative.

  22. #22
    I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Next door. My folks live next door
    Posts
    30,791
    vCash
    7246
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Moody View Post
    the comments ..
    "WTF-250"

  23. #23
    Enough is enough.
    SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    199,552
    vCash
    9525
    that would be a fun truck to toss a stroker big block in

  24. #24
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,209
    vCash
    2596
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    that would be a fun truck to toss a stroker big block in
    Coyote swap.

  25. #25
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    Not that uncommon.

    2 streets over from where I grew up, we always noticed a first gen Firebird in a garage, with shit piled all over it.
    Saw it for 30+yrs. Tons of people inquired about it. Gentlemen always said it wasnt for sale. Some years ago, the house sold, and a friend of the realtor mentioned the older gentleman died. Car was hjs son's, who died while enlisted. Car had 1,800mi on it. Ended up in the hands of a relative.
    I heard similar stories often growing up. My cousin bought a brand new Z28 in 1980 and was murdered shortly after. His brother kept the car and for the longest it was never driven, just sat in a garage.

    I guess rot got into it because within the past year he has completely torn the car apart and stripped it down to the bare metal shell and is doing a full rotisserie restoration on it.

    The drivetrain probably has less than 5,000 miles on it.

  26. #26
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    43,944
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    that would be a fun truck to toss a stroker big block in
    Not really. You’d just destroy what makes that truck worth money. And it still wouldn’t be anything special with a big stroker motor in it.

  27. #27
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
    Coyote swap.
    My kid and I looked at 2 trucks to do a modern v8 swap in I decided it was too much work for my skill level.

    The first one I was really excited about. It was a 1968 2wd short bed 1/2 ton. It was black and the owner claimed it just needed some floorboard patch panels.

    When I got there I found a truck that did not have one single panel that didn't need rust repair. It would have been a full dismantle, down to bare frame and then rebuild with a 1000 hours and in body.

    The 2nd truck I got (1965 GMC) but gave it to my nephew. It was a complete truck but it needs new bed sides, wheel wells, rockers, cab corners, floor board, bed floor...

  28. #28
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Not really. You’d just destroy what makes that truck worth money. And it still wouldn’t be anything special with a big stroker motor in it.
    Yep. Leave this one as it is. If you want some big stroker motor in one find one that has 250,000 miles and needs a restore.

  29. #29
    Come at me bro! ChillPhatCat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY
    Posts
    33,209
    vCash
    2596
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    My kid and I looked at 2 trucks to do a modern v8 swap in I decided it was too much work for my skill level.

    The first one I was really excited about. It was a 1968 2wd short bed 1/2 ton. It was black and the owner claimed it just needed some floorboard patch panels.

    When I got there I found a truck that did not have one single panel that didn't need rust repair. It would have been a full dismantle, down to bare frame and then rebuild with a 1000 hours and in body.

    The 2nd truck I got (1965 GMC) but gave it to my nephew. It was a complete truck but it needs new bed sides, wheel wells, rockers, cab corners, floor board, bed floor...
    A truck is pretty much the best place to stuff a Coyote in IMO because it is pretty wide but an old truck has plenty of space under the hood... you can buy a whole plug and play system to put a Coyote wherever you want... the main problem is

  30. #30
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
    A truck is pretty much the best place to stuff a Coyote in IMO because it is pretty wide but an old truck has plenty of space under the hood... you can buy a whole plug and play system to put a Coyote wherever you want... the main problem is
    Yeah we might have found her whip. I am going to look at it this weekend. It is a short bed F150, but it has the straight 6. It is a 95 so it was still the more boxy design but it has airbags, disc brakes, ...etc. If we get it I am leaving the 6 in there for a good while. Those old Ford I6's were dang near bullet proof.

  31. #31
    Livin' the good life Teri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,372
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Teri and her husband already have a sucker, err, buyer, on the line to sell it to for $450,000.
    seriously, get some new material already.

  32. #32
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    43,944
    vCash
    31500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    seriously, get some new material already.
    It was a joke.

  33. #33
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    3,118
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan View Post
    Did the guy die? Why would someone do that?
    He just died a few years ago. He was going to put a Luverne Ag Hitch on the back of the truck, and had the hitch on a jack and it was raised up into place. He never even put the bolts in. Over the years, the jack settled all the way down with the hitch still on it. He was a retired engineer with tons of money. He'd go around to farm auctions and buy damn near everything. He bought a shit load of old school buses, and started filling them up with stuff he bought at auctions. Buses full of drop cords, buses full of old guns, buses full of drilles, you get the picture. He was sitting on millions and millions of dollars worth of everything you could imagine. Mopeds, snowmobiles, tractors, snowblowers, log chains....you name it, he had it

  34. #34
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    Yeah we might have found her whip. I am going to look at it this weekend. It is a short bed F150, but it has the straight 6. It is a 95 so it was still the more boxy design but it has airbags, disc brakes, ...etc. If we get it I am leaving the 6 in there for a good while. Those old Ford I6's were dang near bullet proof.
    The whip sold. We are now looking at a 1994 Dakota with the mighty V6.

    The owner has done a tone of upkeep and has all the receipts. So it may be the deal.

  35. #35
    Registered Member DrivingZiggy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,208
    vCash
    8600
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    1994 Dakota with the mighty V6.
    Magnum?

  36. #36
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Magnum?
    3.9 V6 It's a dog but supposedly a long lasting motor with regular upkeep and the seller claims he has a long list of maintenance records.

  37. #37
    R.I.P PCED: 6-28-2020 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    43,944
    vCash
    31500
    Dodge and long lasting motor don’t ever go together.

  38. #38
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Dodge and long lasting motor don’t ever go together.
    Both the dodge trucks we have owned had over 250,000 miles on them when we got rid of them.

    Plus we live literally less than 1 mile to her high school and 5 miles to her part time job. I don't need a marathon runner.

  39. #39
    I am that guy... JRothschild13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Palm Bay- Floriduh
    Posts
    17,610
    vCash
    767
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Barricade013 PSN ID: Stormshadow13
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    The whip sold. We are now looking at a 1994 Dakota with the mighty V6.

    The owner has done a tone of upkeep and has all the receipts. So it may be the deal.
    Probably the one Vehicle I wish I never got rid of (besides not buying my Dad's holy grail '98 quad cab 12v Cummins 4x4) was a '99 Dakota ext cab 4x4 with the V8 I bought new. I really liked that truck but needed something bigger when I traded it in a few years later ...

  40. #40
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90,935
    vCash
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by JRothschild13 View Post
    Probably the one Vehicle I wish I never got rid of (besides not buying my Dad's holy grail '98 quad cab 12v Cummins 4x4) was a '99 Dakota ext cab 4x4 with the V8 I bought new. I really liked that truck but needed something bigger when I traded it in a few years later ...
    Well after today's fiasco if the Dakota is what the seller claims I will buy it. We are supposed to meet Saturday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •