Thread: New Jeep Grand Cherokee reveal happening soon.

vCash

New Jeep Grand Cherokee reveal happening soon.

Apparently at 12pm EST today. Jeep's site says "Meet the all-new 3-row Grand Cherokee L".

www.jeep.com

vCash

vCash
    Haven’t watched yet, but I’m really hoping it’s an all new platform. The current one isn’t bad but that platform from Mercedes is ancient at this point.

vCash
    I like it. I'm impressed with what Jeep has done with it. My only concern is going to be price. I have a feeling they will be creeping into Audi/VW/BMW SUV territory...if so, does the overall quality match for that price point?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Haven’t watched yet, but I’m really hoping it’s an all new platform. The current one isn’t bad but that platform from Mercedes is ancient at this point.
    According to my buddy that works for Jeep, it is a new platform but the powertrain is the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaar View Post
    I have a feeling they will be creeping into Audi/VW/BMW SUV territory...if so, does the overall quality match for that price point?
    Yes... and no.

vCash
    I love it minus the hood / grill transition. I’m biased because I still think the WK2 is one of the better looking SUVs on the road.

Can’t wait for the shorter wheelbase 2-row one later in the year.

vCash
    Looking forward to seeing how the SRT version compares.

Shitty knob for the gear selector. I hate this trend.

The other autistic day-trading Dr. Discount Dr. Burry's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blunt_dissection
    Thought they were going to call it Grand Wagoneer?

Seems more special to do that than Grand Cherokee....L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lexus View Post
    Thought they were going to call it Grand Wagoneer?

Seems more special to do that than Grand Cherokee....L
    The Wagoneer, which will also come in two sizes, is a completely different platform / vehicle. It’s much bigger than the Grand Cherokee.

vCash
    Glad to know this is the L. I didn't realize they were coming out w/ 2 different versions. In the video, I thought "Damn, that thing is much bigger than the old GC". Glad they're still making a smaller version.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TTU98SS
    I like it. I'm impressed with what Jeep has done with it. My only concern is going to be price. I have a feeling they will be creeping into Audi/VW/BMW SUV territory...if so, does the overall quality match for that price point?

According to my buddy that works for Jeep, it is a new platform but the powertrain is the same.
    Yes... and no.
    Lol... agreed. No. The quality is not close ��

The other autistic day-trading Dr. Discount Dr. Burry's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blunt_dissection
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    The Wagoneer, which will also come in two sizes, is a completely different platform / vehicle. It’s much bigger than the Grand Cherokee.

"C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

vCash
    Did y'all see this? My inner SQ geek just pegged a monster boner

vCash
    Yeah, I was super surprised when they mentioned that. I'm really interested to see how it sounds.

vCash
    Yeah, I was super surprised when they mentioned that. I'm really interested to see how it sounds.
    I’m sure it will sound great. But you know some asshole will still have to throw in a couple 12s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    Hellcat Wagoneer with wood paneling on the sides?
    Last edited by windham; 01-11-2021 at 07:51 AM.

vCash
    I’m sure it will sound great. But you know some asshole will still have to throw in a couple 12s
    I'm really impressed with many of the upgrade stereos manufacturers are putting in their vehicles recently.

vCash
    McIntosh is good then? I saw the interior previewed a long time ago and I was like "cool, not beats by dre BS anymore, not sure what is but as long as it's not beats"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyCharger View Post
    McIntosh is good then? I saw the interior previewed a long time ago and I was like "cool, not beats by dre BS anymore, not sure what is but as long as it's not beats"
    McIntosh has always been considered high-end and are highly respected. They primarily make home audio, but used to be in the car audio game back in the 90's, maybe earlier - they still may make car audio stuff.

I actually owned a McIntosh head unit back in the late 90's when I was big into car audio. Ended up trading it for 2 or 3 Phoenix Gear ZX series amps (I may have bought an addl one...can't remember for sure).

vCash
    McIntosh has always been considered high-end and are highly respected. They primarily make home audio, but used to be in the car audio game back in the 90's, maybe earlier - they still may make car audio stuff.

I actually owned a McIntosh head unit back in the late 90's when I was big into car audio. Ended up trading it for 2 or 3 Phoenix Gear ZX series amps (I may have bought an addl one...can't remember for sure).
    I always ran Kenwood, Alpine, or Blaupunkt head units, but I know McIntosh amps were high quality.

Beardsly McTurbanhead DiamondJoeQuimby's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CGM05GOAT

They haven't done aftermarket car audio for quite a while. At one point their car stuff was done through Clarion and then later Boston Acoustics. They haven't had new car audio products since the BA days and BA got out of car, I wanna say, somewhere around 2010? (2009-2012ish I'd guess)

I'm curious how much McIntosh is actually in this system. They are now part of the Mcintosh Group which was previously the Fine Sounds Group which included Sonus Faber, Wadia amd others (including McIntosh). Wonder if they went the way of the VW AG group with their Dynaudio systems (where they used ACTUAL Dynaudio speakers) or if it will be more the McIntosh engineered DSP with significantly cheaper components like many of the other "branded" OE systems. Either way, looking forward to hearing it.

I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

vCash
    Yes... and no.
    It's not like Audi, VW, or BMW are known for quality, and reliably.

Registered Member

vCash
    Looks like a solid suv, be interested in price for sure. My wife has a '14 Cherokee and it's been amazingly solid. Had it since 20k, now approaching 100k. Hasnt needed a damn thing literally except for gas, oil, and one front rotor/pad change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFastEnough View Post
    Looks like a solid suv, be interested in price for sure. My wife has a '14 Cherokee and it's been amazingly solid. Had it since 20k, now approaching 100k. Hasnt needed a damn thing literally except for gas, oil, and one front rotor/pad change.
    I have a '14 Grand Cherokee with the Hemi, approaching 123k. Had it since '16. Solid for sure, and aside from regular maintenance items, so far i've replaced:

- both motor mounts (warranty)
    - water pump (warranty)
    - AC blend door actuator - drivers side (warranty)
    - Pass. seat power bracket (warranty)
    - front and rear sway bars/bushings (warranty)

Still consider this not bad, since before stepping into this vehicle when it had 26k on it, I was stepping out of an '04 Eddie Bauer edition Ford Explorer that had a catastrophic failure with its brake lines and transmission.

website consultant youcancallmedaddy's Avatar

vCash
    That looks awful, that's the exact opposite direction I was hoping they'd go. Any pics of what the smaller version will look like?