Results 1 to 55 of 55

Thread: Hummer is back...sort of. GMC Hummer EV coming in 2021

  1. #1
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6

    Hummer is back...sort of. GMC Hummer EV coming in 2021

    Super Bowl commercials in this link.

    https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/30/...r-bowl-return/

    1,000 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 in 3.0 seconds. Built in Detroit and arriving fall of 2021.

    Last edited by Gearhead SS; 01-30-2020 at 09:27 PM.

  2. #2
    LS2.com Sponsor

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,090
    vCash
    13987
    You could say things are getting pretty serious!

    I personally think it's a good idea to bring back the Hummer name for EVs.

  3. #3
    Registered Member speed_demon24's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,986
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: spddmn24
    I guess they are quoting torque after gear multiplication now?

  4. #4
    Saitama Sensei Maxime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,686
    vCash
    580
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: QuickSiR PSN ID: QuickSiR
    In before 100K price tag.

  5. #5
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    If they were smart they just took a 1500 or 2500hd chassis, adapted it for an electric drivetrain, and threw a cool body on top.

  6. #6
    Who's a good girl!? JRothschild13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Palm Bay- Floriduh
    Posts
    16,666
    vCash
    355
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Barricade013 PSN ID: Stormshadow13
    I doubt GM has the capabilities to bring back a EV Hummer done right.

    It will be some Traverse or Blazer with a Hummer front end slapped on.
    Last edited by JRothschild13; 01-31-2020 at 02:09 AM.

  7. #7
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxime View Post
    In before 100K price tag.
    that was my thought as well ...

  8. #8
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    If they were smart they just took a 1500 or 2500hd chassis, adapted it for an electric drivetrain, and threw a cool body on top.
    i mean you cant really do it that way, the chasis in an electric car is well the car. it's quite different from a gasoline car and has to be designed differently since the batteries and the engine all sit there.

  9. #9
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by JRothschild13 View Post
    I doubt GM has the capabilities to bring back a EV Hummer done right.

    It will be some Traverse or Blazer with a Hummer front end slapped on.
    I think they have the capability, the Bolt technical wise is a solid car, their partnership with Cruise will really help them on self driving, but i dont know if they have the will or let those with talent there actually execute it

    There technical innovation centers though, are a fucking mess filled with idiots

  10. #10
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    91,654
    vCash
    1025
    Quote Originally Posted by JRothschild13 View Post
    I doubt GM has the capabilities to bring back a EV Hummer done right.

    It will be some Traverse or Blazer with a Hummer front end slapped on.
    https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021...SckqHxK1_ahVow

    MT says it's a full-size truck. Definitely looking forward to the reveal.

  11. #11
    Registered Member Anthony's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,746
    vCash
    6713
    I want one

  12. #12
    Registered Member Davy_Baby9's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,879
    vCash
    7942
    If GMC is in charge of the styling I trust that it will actually look good.

  13. #13
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    i mean you cant really do it that way, the chasis in an electric car is well the car. it's quite different from a gasoline car and has to be designed differently since the batteries and the engine all sit there.
    Ahh yes the voice of reason straight from tesla. Maybe if your “truck” wasn’t a complete abortion I’d listen.

  14. #14
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by JRothschild13 View Post
    I doubt GM has the capabilities to bring back a EV Hummer done right.

    It will be some Traverse or Blazer with a Hummer front end slapped on.
    Except it's a truck.

  15. #15
    Registered Member idareu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,927
    vCash
    500
    They should bring back the Sky as a Chevy electric threat to the Tesla roadster

  16. #16
    It's all in the game twig's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Traveling somewhere
    Posts
    17,786
    vCash
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by idareu View Post
    They should bring back the Sky as a Chevy electric threat to the Tesla roadster
    No

  17. #17
    red truck :smug: JUSTINASS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    16,998
    vCash
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    If GMC is in charge of the styling I trust that it will actually look good.
    kinda agree...hope it performs well also.

  18. #18
    Registered Member Cap'n Hook's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South Central Texas
    Posts
    1,620
    vCash
    25

    Smile

    Iím digging the swing from complete gas guzzler to complete grid hog. But the new Hummer should be modeled after this...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arquus-scarabee-open_resize_md.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	32542
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KEEPNIPFNK4WWYJFSXLT2QFJPA.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	32544

    And be able to do this...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15023458-0-image-a-35_1561026573378.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	32543

  19. #19
    Into the abyss EABiker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    10,501
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Hook View Post
    Iím digging the swing from complete gas guzzler to complete grid hog.



    "Alexa, dim the lights"



    "OK, Hummer plugged in"
    Last edited by EABiker; 01-31-2020 at 11:56 PM.

  20. #20
    "C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Skara Brae
    Posts
    10,407
    vCash
    516
    Please god, incorporate some of these elements from the HX concept!

    Last edited by jeeplaw; 02-01-2020 at 02:32 AM.

  21. #21
    better than Bryce silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    28,652
    vCash
    11825
    Quote Originally Posted by idareu View Post
    They should bring back the Sky as a Chevy electric threat to the Tesla roadster

  22. #22
    Senior Member Sax1031's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Columbia,SC
    Posts
    109,379
    vCash
    47
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: vLEG10Nv
    it will probably look much better than the Tesla Truck.

  23. #23
    Don't follow, you wont survive skibum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,052
    vCash
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
    it will probably look much better than the Tesla Truck.
    Thats a very low bar to set.

  24. #24
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
    it will probably look much better than the Tesla Truck.
    I’ve taken shits that look better than the Tesla truck. Kasim’s grammar looks better than the Tesla truck.

  25. #25
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Ahh yes the voice of reason straight from tesla. Maybe if your “truck” wasn’t a complete abortion I’d listen.
    You know when mad max comes you will wish our truck with built in solar panels!!

  26. #26
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Anyone catch the commercial

  27. #27
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    You know when mad max comes you will wish our truck with built in solar panels!!
    Yeah unless one of the bad guys throws a small steel ball at the solar panels.

  28. #28
    red truck :smug: JUSTINASS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    16,998
    vCash
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    Anyone catch the commercial
    no...post it up

  29. #29
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    The one I saw starts at 1:00


  30. #30
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    weird they were supposed to have a bigger reveal, that was the same

    meh .... honestly ... this is all just reactionary. they need to counter the tesla truck and rivian, i'd be really curious if this is as far along as they want to claim ... guess we will see in a few months

  31. #31
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    weird they were supposed to have a bigger reveal, that was the same

    meh .... honestly ... this is all just reactionary. they need to counter the tesla truck and rivian, i'd be really curious if this is as far along as they want to claim ... guess we will see in a few months
    You're trying to take over the title of most annoying tesla homer from Mike Hawk... arent you?



    ps... you're doing a great job

  32. #32
    red truck :smug: JUSTINASS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    16,998
    vCash
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    The one I saw starts at 1:00

    are those GMC commercials or Nike commercials?

  33. #33
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You're trying to take over the title of most annoying tesla homer from Mike Hawk... arent you?

    ps... you're doing a great job
    doesnt mean what i am saying is wrong.


  34. #34
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINASS View Post
    are those GMC commercials or Nike commercials?
    yes.

    I wonder if they went after Lebron because of the whole controversy around him getting a new Hummer gifted to him(his Mom) when he was in high school.

  35. #35
    Coastal Elite Crew Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wherever I May Roam
    Posts
    104,021
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxime View Post
    In before 100K price tag.
    C&D is giving a $70K price estimate:

    https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/hummer-ev

    But I strongly doubt it. I could see it easily starting at $100k with those specs.

  36. #36
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    C&D is giving a $70K price estimate:

    https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/hummer-ev

    But I strongly doubt it. I could see it easily starting at $100k with those specs.
    Meh ... they are basing it on what? there isnt even a demo car out yet.

    Although to be fair when they say the specs the are probably talking the top of the line, not the base model.

  37. #37
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    Meh ... they are basing it on what? there isnt even a demo car out yet.

    Although to be fair when they say the specs the are probably talking the top of the line, not the base model.
    What do you mean there isn't a demo car? I'd bet that there are more Hummer mules running around than there are Cybertrucks.

  38. #38
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    91,654
    vCash
    1025
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Ahh yes the voice of reason straight from tesla. Maybe if your “truck” wasn’t a complete abortion I’d listen.
    *abotripon

  39. #39
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    What do you mean there isn't a demo car? I'd bet that there are more Hummer mules running around than there are Cybertrucks.
    I actually highly doubt that, they aren't anywhere near that phase, they dont even have an electric platform to base this on they only hae the Bolt so this will have to be a ground up design
    Last edited by kasim; 02-04-2020 at 05:01 AM.

  40. #40
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    Do you even work on the vehicle engineering with Tesla?

  41. #41
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Do you even work on the vehicle engineering with Tesla?
    No but that doesnt mean i haven't learned how all these things work, or work with teams that do. There are steps building the car, working for both you get to learn all those steps.

    Honestly most of my knowledge is from Byton, i designed most of the OTA for the backend then lead the overall process and procedures there and had to work with every team there which was made up of former GM, BMW, Tesla folks ... and There as a HUGE difference in talent. But also got to see there how we build a car from the ground up (plus some help from OEMs) I actually loved my job there although was a bit too overwhelming doing it all. Also amazing how much they can computer model these days too.

    Can't say where i work at Tesla. It's not vehicle engineering though.
    Last edited by kasim; 02-04-2020 at 06:33 AM.

  42. #42
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    38,979
    vCash
    1016
    Stopped reading after "no"


    You dont know anything that GM is up to, or how it's really done. Just stop.

  43. #43
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Stopped reading after "no"

    You dont know anything that GM is up to, or how it's really done. Just stop.
    Well more than you, and i know the phases these cars are built in ... but ok.

    Also the date they said ... 2022 ...so yeah good indicator how far away they are.

  44. #44
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    I actually highly doubt that, they aren't anywhere near that phase, they dont even have an electric platform to base this on they only hae the Bolt so this will have to be a ground up design
    lol ok

  45. #45
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    Well more than you, and i know the phases these cars are built in ... but ok.

    Also the date they said ... 2022 ...so yeah good indicator how far away they are.
    They said fall of 2021 release date. So, not that far in terms of automobile release seeing as how we haven't seen the vehicle yet. That's how I know they already have a bunch of mules running around. That and I have inside connections.
    Last edited by Gearhead SS; 02-04-2020 at 05:05 PM.

  46. #46
    White trash!! Nate's4.6's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Clearwater
    Posts
    49,931
    Blog Entries
    2
    vCash
    2450
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    They said fall of 2021 release date. So, not that far in terms of automobile release seeing as how we haven't seen the vehicle yet. That's how I know they already have a bunch of mules running around. That and I have inside connections.
    If there is a fall 2021 release date (hell even a 2022 one) I agree that GM absolutely has mules running around currently.

  47. #47
    GUESS WHAT MOTHERF***ER?! Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    42,810
    vCash
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate's4.6 View Post
    If there is a fall 2021 release date (hell even a 2022 one) I agree that GM absolutely has mules running around currently.
    They're disquised as regular Silverado and Sierras at this point. Hell, an EV Silverado is coming too.

  48. #48
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Eh we shall see ... i hope they are successful, the more electrical vehicles on the market the better especially in the truck sector.

    one nice thing is between companies like Tesla or Chargepoint, you no longer have the issue where you couldnt drive it across the US if you didn't want to.

  49. #49
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    126,549
    vCash
    23379
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    They're disquised as regular Silverado and Sierras at this point. Hell, an EV Silverado is coming too.
    If they share a platform makes sense, i am still most interested in their autonomous driving how that goes ... they are tossing a lot of money that way

  50. #50
    underdog 4 lyfe ill deuce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    atoka,tennessee
    Posts
    68,324
    vCash
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
    it will probably look much better than the Tesla Truck.
    the cybertruck was designed with the superfx chip from starfox.

  51. #51
    Senior Member Sax1031's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Columbia,SC
    Posts
    109,379
    vCash
    47
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: vLEG10Nv
    Quote Originally Posted by ill deuce View Post
    the cybertruck was designed with the superfx chip from starfox.

  52. #52
    Registered Member Epic Bosnian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    54,525
    vCash
    67
    Cybertruck will sell better than this Hummer.

  53. #53
    underdog 4 lyfe ill deuce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    atoka,tennessee
    Posts
    68,324
    vCash
    105
    meanwhile real car companies will make real non boutique electric cars.

  54. #54
    In the everglades Sam Lombardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    58,670
    Blog Entries
    1
    vCash
    26865
    Quote Originally Posted by ill deuce View Post
    meanwhile real car companies will make real non boutique electric cars.
    is an rcsb truck a boutique vehicle?

  55. #55
    underdog 4 lyfe ill deuce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    atoka,tennessee
    Posts
    68,324
    vCash
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lombardo View Post
    is an rcsb truck a boutique vehicle?
    no, they've sold about 75 million of them.
    Last edited by ill deuce; 02-18-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •