Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: LT4 no more

  1. #1
    Livin' the good life Teri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,074
    vCash
    500

    LT4 no more

    Well, back in early October we sold the 97 LT4 SS #69 of 100
    It went to a fellow car guy in the Houston area.

    We really weren't in the market to sell, but that perfect person and perfect price just happened.
    We had a guy come by to buy 2 sets of 4th gen Candy Corn Taillights and he saw the car and immediately called a buddy who had been looking for one.







  2. #2
    bikini jeep :smug: JUSTINASS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    17,496
    vCash
    34

    figured you would keep that one...

  3. #3
    Whataburger > *
    Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    108,452
    vCash
    19025
    still have the third gen?

  4. #4
    Livin' the good life Teri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,074
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    still have the third gen?
    flame car?? yes

  5. #5
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    41,157
    vCash
    1816
    Cool. I hope they drive it.

  6. #6
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    2,980
    vCash
    500
    I want one of those SOOOO BAD!!!

  7. #7
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    2,980
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    flame car?? yes
    I haven't really posted much here for years....but I remember that car!

  8. #8
    LS2.com Sponsor

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,091
    vCash
    13987
    I am friends with the guy who bought it! Small world lol.

  9. #9
    Livin' the good life Teri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,074
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovidiu View Post
    I am friends with the guy who bought it! Small world lol.
    He has a very nice collection. We are glad he's happy with it.

  10. #10
    Enough is enough.
    SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    199,274
    vCash
    9525
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINASS View Post

    figured you would keep that one...
    teri? she flips everything.

  11. #11
    Registered Member Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    43,688
    vCash
    802
    One of my favorite 4th gens!

  12. #12
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    2,980
    vCash
    500
    I saw 3 of those on a car hauler in 1997. They were Hendrick Motorsports editions with all of the Hendricks team's signatures under the hoods. I was told there were 9 of them built....1 for each of Rick Hendrick's Chevy dealerships. They were LT4 cars as well. Other than the signatures and a little sail panel emblem, they were identical to yours.. I was talking to the driver of the hauler, and he opened the hood on one to show me. I have pics, somewhere..
    Last edited by dagwood; 01-15-2020 at 01:08 AM.

  13. #13
    All over the road.

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    2,889
    vCash
    750
    I love the LT1 nose, that is a gorgeous car!

  14. #14
    Please go jeffrey Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shitcago
    Posts
    48,814
    vCash
    3460
    Always loved the color scheme on those cars

  15. #15
    No ragrets
    Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    93,597
    vCash
    1025
    Always loved that car. And of course the flame 3rd gen

  16. #16
    Registered Member BurnEm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Da Island
    Posts
    5,801
    vCash
    37
    Damn that thing is clean

  17. #17
    Livin' the good life Teri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,074
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Always loved that car. And of course the flame 3rd gen
    3rd gen is next on the list to get back into shape

  18. #18
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    2,980
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    3rd gen is next on the list to get back into shape
    Got any recent pics of your flamed 3rd gen?

  19. #19
    What the cluck?
    GldRush98's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Springfield, IL.
    Posts
    53,699
    vCash
    5714
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GldRush98 Steam ID: GldRush98
    I can only imagine what you let that go for
    Beautiful 4th gen

  20. #20
    LS2.com's Airbrush Junkie dagwood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Paint Booth!
    Posts
    2,980
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I saw 3 of those on a car hauler in 1997. They were Hendrick Motorsports editions with all of the Hendricks team's signatures under the hoods. I was told there were 9 of them built....1 for each of Rick Hendrick's Chevy dealerships. They were LT4 cars as well. Other than the signatures and a little sail panel emblem, they were identical to yours.. I was talking to the driver of the hauler, and he opened the hood on one to show me. I have pics, somewhere..
    Here's a couple pics of the Hendricks LT4 SS Camaro's I was talking about. I need to dig more for pics of the signatures under the hoods. You can make out a few in the 1 engine pic, on the inner wheel well. They were all over the radiator support, etc as well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200123-224655_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	398.4 KB 
ID:	32525
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200123-224721_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	440.6 KB 
ID:	32526

  21. #21
    Bugzapper gonna zap 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    41,157
    vCash
    1816
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Here's a couple pics of the Hendricks LT4 SS Camaro's I was talking about. I need to dig more for pics of the signatures under the hoods. You can make out a few in the 1 engine pic, on the inner wheel well. They were all over the radiator support, etc as well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200123-224655_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	398.4 KB 
ID:	32525
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200123-224721_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	440.6 KB 
ID:	32526
    I remember having a fun run-in with one of those back in the day when I had my LT1 car. Cool car, and I didnt understand at the time how rare they were (or the factory LT4 cars).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •