Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 1,097-HP Super Sedan Showdown! Alfa Romeo Giulia vs. Jaguar XE

  1. #1
    eboggs_jkvl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    102,650
    vCash
    6413

    1,097-HP Super Sedan Showdown! Alfa Romeo Giulia vs. Jaguar XE

    In the red, white, and blue—British—corner, meet the most powerful sedan Jaguar has ever sold, the XE SV Project 8, from this point forward only to be known as Project 8. What a freak of a thing. It makes 592 horsepower from a 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 that, oh yeah, also produces 550 lb-ft of torque. […]
    The post 1,097-HP Super Sedan Showdown! Alfa Romeo Giulia vs. Jaguar XE appeared first on MotorTrend.


    More...

  2. #2
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    87,180
    Blog Entries
    2
    vCash
    900
    They both have that "my daddy has money" ricer, boy race look to me.

  3. #3
    Registered Member Davy_Baby9's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,447
    vCash
    172
    The Giulia is such an underappreciated car.

  4. #4
    It'll get ya fat KrispyCharger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    34,704
    vCash
    11959
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    The Giulia is such an underappreciated car.
    Don't look at C&D long term 40k mile article on it then

  5. #5
    Registered Member Style_Front's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacile, Italy
    Posts
    8,738
    vCash
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyCharger View Post
    Don't look at C&D long term 40k mile article on it then
    Cliffs?

  6. #6
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    35,696
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Style_Front View Post
    Cliffs?
    It’s not under appreciated.

  7. #7
    :flirt: SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    196,407
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Style_Front View Post
    Cliffs?
    Reliability turns out to be as expected for an Italian car (ie. Non-existant)

  8. #8
    It'll get ya fat KrispyCharger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    34,704
    vCash
    11959
    Makes me a bit fearful of my new job, as part of it will be directly linked to Alfa and Maserati quality. But on a plus note should have ready access to Alfa and Maserati cars to drive around in, so there is that.

  9. #9
    :flirt: SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    196,407
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyCharger View Post
    Makes me a bit fearful of my new job, as part of it will be directly linked to Alfa and Maserati quality. But on a plus note should have ready access to Alfa and Maserati cars to drive around in, so there is that.
    That 40k mile test was such a disappointment. They made a car that exceeded the impressive competition in a lot of key areas... Then blew it by not seeing to making the damn thing reliable.

  10. #10
    It'll get ya fat KrispyCharger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    34,704
    vCash
    11959
    The engineers that work on the programs out of Italy are talented and hardworking for the most part, the biggest problem is I see them putting 1 person on tasks other companies would be putting 3-5 people on and contract out development and testing a lot to suppliers and engineering 3rd parties. Neither of which have the end customers as their main concern.

  11. #11
    :flirt: SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    196,407
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyCharger View Post
    The engineers that work on the programs out of Italy are talented and hardworking for the most part, the biggest problem is I see them putting 1 person on tasks other companies would be putting 3-5 people on and contract out development and testing a lot to suppliers and engineering 3rd parties. Neither of which have the end customers as their main concern.
    The issue seems to be testing to find errors, and then fixing the errors. All reviews of the Giulia are pretty glowing otherwise.

  12. #12
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    87,180
    Blog Entries
    2
    vCash
    900
    The Giula looks like it is a and older 3 series BMW with a different front end to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •