Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **New Jeep**

vCash
    The keyfob is meant to fit in the slot between the cup holders if you haven't noticed that yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyCharger View Post
    The keyfob is meant to fit in the slot between the cup holders if you haven't noticed that yet
    Is that supposed to make it less obnoxious?

People dont want to have a fob that big in their pocket.

vCash
    Wranglers are about being obnoxious, it's part of their charm

vCash
    My VW key fob is obnoxious too. Gimme the smallest bitch possible with keyless start and I'm happy.

vCash

vCash
    That's pretty cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Is that supposed to make it less obnoxious?

People dont want to have a fob that big in their pocket.
    It is inexplicably large, but as I said it does fit in the coin pocket of jeans perfectly. Though when you don't have that option it is way too big in your regular pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 426HEMI View Post
    That's pretty cool.
    It still looks big, but not as big and anything smaller is better.

Rise early. Work hard. STRIKE OIL! CT Morgan's Avatar

vCash
    The key fob size is f'ing dumb. Don't defend that stupid shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    It still looks big, but not as big and anything smaller is better.
    Just put it in your fanny pack and forget about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by easttexasws6 View Post
    Just put it in your fanny pack and forget about it.
    IT WON'T FIT!

This one's for you, Nell cuda6pak's Avatar

vCash

Can't believe you finally did it

vCash
    Nice Jeep!

LOL at keyfob. I thought the Grand Cherokee's was huge.

Also how well does it work assuming you have to proximity unlock ability? Even after replacing the batteries both my fob's require I almost touch them to the damn vehicle before it will register it's there to unlock the Jeep when I touch the door handle. Wife's keyfob could be sitting on my work bench 10 feet away and still allow me to unlock the door like it's in my pocket. If I don't take the GC fob out I basically push my pants up to the vehicle before it knows it's there. Fucking annoying as shit.

vCash
    Hey, Dan! Are you gonna rent me the old Jeep so's I can tackle the Transamerica Trail???

vCash
    It was sarcasm, when I first saw the big FOB on the early prototypes I couldn't believe it. I was hoping the made a normal sized FoB but gave it the outline of a wrangler

In the McLaren service department Dr. Serengeti Steve's Avatar

Blog Entries
    vCash
    jesus, thats fuckin huge. all this increased payload and towing capacity doesnt matter when the keyfob takes up most of the weight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Hey, Dan! Are you gonna rent me the old Jeep so's I can tackle the Transamerica Trail???
    I think I've decided to hang on to the TJ, at least until I get another bumper and a winch (may still keep it after that). Aside from taking the Jeep through some sketchy stuff, I use the winch too often not to have it. Folks have come out of the woodwork to let them know if I want to sell it, that they'd like to get it. I explained to them that I'm going to want more than it's worth. I'm thinking "There's plenty of them out there... just go buy one of the others." So curiosity got to me and I looked on FB Marketplace. I found TJ's ranging from $4k-$9k all day long and have been out there for weeks. If these people wanted a TJ that bad, they'd have one right now. No, they think I'm going to give them a buddy discount and sell it to them for a couple grand. Pound sand you cheapskates. It's still very useful to me.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 07-13-2019 at 02:42 AM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naughtydawg95
    Congrats on the new addition Dan

Never Ends....

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC PaiN
    I think I've decided to hang on to the TJ, at least until I get another bumper and a winch (may still keep it after that). Aside from taking the Jeep through some sketchy stuff, I use the winch too often not to have it. Folks have come out of the woodwork to let them know if I want to sell it, that they'd like to get it. I explained to them that I'm going to want more than it's worth. I'm thinking "There's plenty of them out there... just go buy one of the others." So curiosity got to me and I looked on FB Marketplace. I found TJ's ranging from $4k-$9k all day long and have been out there for weeks. If these people wanted a TJ that bad, they'd have one right now. No, they think I'm going to give them a buddy discount and sell it to them for a couple grand. Pound sand you cheapskates. It's still very useful to me.
    So are you gonna let him rent it or what

vCash
    What for do you use the winch so often?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    What for do you use the winch so often?
    Lately it's been pulling trees on our land. We have white oaks that have come down/need to come down. We've cut them into pretty nice size logs and I'm putting them on cross ties to eventually use in our house.

Then at my parents house, my dad is always finding uses for it. Last time I was home, it was used to pull my grandad's non-working tractor to a spot where my dad can work on it.

vCash
    I know you said there's about 100 people in front of me, but if you really do decide to sell the TJ, I'd be interested as well Not because I think you'd give some sort of sweetheart deal, but because I know it's been well cared for and would pay a reasonable amount for that.

New Rubi looks great, too

IG: eightyfivesquared 70Chevelle's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ls1Chevelle
    In for buddy discount

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Chevelle View Post
    In for buddy discount
    You're not my buddy, pal.

vCash
    It was sarcasm, when I first saw the big FOB on the early prototypes I couldn't believe it. I was hoping the made a normal sized FoB but gave it the outline of a wrangler

All cops everywhere suck Det.Rice's Avatar

vCash

vCash
    Wrong thread, boyo. I think you were looking for the Gladiator thread.

All cops everywhere suck Det.Rice's Avatar

vCash
    Negative ghost rider. 2 cool Jeeps in one thread

vCash
    That is a heck of a build they did.

vCash
    Hey Dan, let me know if you are going to sell your old Jeep....I have a couple of hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

vCash
    I got the windows tinted today... 1 step closer to getting it how I'm wanting it. Sadly, the tint is by far the cheapest item. When it was on order, I looked up all sorts of wheels, bumpers, rock sliders, winches, lifts, etc... So far, my favorite wheels have been the Fuel D665.

During that time, I took this picture of this white Jeep

Spoiler:  

and added tinted windows and the Fuel wheels (and laces out) and am really liking this look.

If I had to guess, that's a 2.5" lift on 37" tires. Anyway, I haven't decided for sure... the lift is a good ways out, but I do like that look.

vCash
    I like it but not the steps. Those are practical as steps but get hung on stuff if you really get into the shit with your wrangler.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: muskyhunter77 PSN ID: muskyhunter77
    Quote Originally Posted by Style_Front View Post
    I like it but not the steps. Those are practical as steps but get hung on stuff if you really get into the shit with your wrangler, which probably won't happen with a brand new 50k dollar vehicle so they are perfect and look awesome!
    Fixed that for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vCash
    I haven't really considered what side rails I'm going to go with. Those just happened to be on the one I was photoshopping. No preference for or against them. One thing I did read is that they wouldn't be the lowest place on the vehicle, but I do agree they could pose a problem when rock climbing. I'll have it off road and in mud, but I won't be doing any rock climbing in it.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 07-15-2019 at 07:18 AM.

"C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

vCash
    Yea, if you're not playing on rocks I wouldn't worry about it. They, and the mock up you made, look great.

You leaning towards a tire yet? Milestars are a really good M/T and on the cheaper scale for sure.
    Last edited by jeeplaw; 07-16-2019 at 02:15 AM.

vCash
    I don't want to buy it, though. I don't want a Jeep and will only need it for a couple of months. Besides, whenever you do sell it you'll then be able to enhance your sales pitch with something about how it was tough enough to conquer the TAT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
    Yea, if you're not playing on rocks I wouldn't worry about it. They, and the mock up you made, look great.

You leaning towards a tire yet? Milestars are a really good M/T and on the cheaper scale for sure.
    I'll probably stay w/ an A/T since it's a DD. So far, the two biggest repeated suggestions that I've seen across the board is the Nitto Ridge Grappler and the BFG KO2. I'm partial to the KO2 since this is my 4th or 5th set of the KO tires.

While I do love the 37's, I will probably go w/ 35's for the time being... until I can get a lift. And the lift will be several items down.

My current priority list of upgrades are:

Wheels
    35x12.5 tires
    Bumpers/winch/Rocksliders
    Lift (Leaning towards the 2.5" RK)
    37" tires.

Somewhere in there will be the B&M shifter and a Tazer Mini. Probably when I get tires so I can correct the speedometer/odometer. With the 6-speed, the Auto-Start hasn't been much of an issue b/c it won't shut off if the clutch is pressed... and unless I'm at a stop light for an extended period of time, I almost never have it just sitting stopped in neutral. And if I am, I just turn the auto-start off. It was flat out annoying in the autos we test drove, but w/ the manual, it's not nearly as bothersome.

Getting it completed like the picture above will not be any time soon. The mods for a JL are exponentially more expensive than when I modded my TJ... so 1 thing at a time.

Not really seeing the issue people are complaining about w/ the Alpine system. It's perfectly fine, IMO. I wish I had more control over the sub... like a true EQ, but that's ok. I think it sounds good. Perhaps an amp alone could be all itd need, if anything. But I'm not concerned w/ that now. That's not even on my radar.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 07-16-2019 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    I think the Alpine system sounds great, for a Wrangler.

I've heard great things about the Ridge Grappler too, and it's a bit of a hybrid with more mud bite than most ATs.

vCash
    Thought about going w/ the Nitto RGs simply b/c of the reviews and I've never tried them. I'm pretty certain the Jeep that I PSed above has Ridge Grapplers on them (I didn't change the tires, only added white letters on the back). It's a good looking tire.

BTW... speaking earlier on rock sliders... I found these on the JL page if either of y'all are interested:

Edit: jeeplaw just got a set of sliders, so I doubt he'd want them. Oh well, I'll leave it just in case.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 07-16-2019 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    Thought about going w/ the Nitto RGs simply b/c of the reviews....
    Nitto tires are on sale for 15% off at simpletire.com until midnight tonight. Just sayin'.......
    Last edited by GOFASTER; 07-17-2019 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gator Hum
    I'll probably stay w/ an A/T since it's a DD. So far, the two biggest repeated suggestions that I've seen across the board is the Nitto Ridge Grappler and the BFG KO2. I'm partial to the KO2 since this is my 4th or 5th set of the KO tires.

While I do love the 37's, I will probably go w/ 35's for the time being... until I can get a lift. And the lift will be several items down.

My current priority list of upgrades are:

Wheels
    35x12.5 tires
    Bumpers/winch/Rocksliders
    Lift (Leaning towards the 2.5" RK)
    37" tires.

Somewhere in there will be the B&M shifter and a Tazer Mini. Probably when I get tires so I can correct the speedometer/odometer. With the 6-speed, the Auto-Start hasn't been much of an issue b/c it won't shut off if the clutch is pressed... and unless I'm at a stop light for an extended period of time, I almost never have it just sitting stopped in neutral. And if I am, I just turn the auto-start off. It was flat out annoying in the autos we test drove, but w/ the manual, it's not nearly as bothersome.

Getting it completed like the picture above will not be any time soon. The mods for a JL are exponentially more expensive than when I modded my TJ... so 1 thing at a time.

Not really seeing the issue people are complaining about w/ the Alpine system. It's perfectly fine, IMO. I wish I had more control over the sub... like a true EQ, but that's ok. I think it sounds good. Perhaps an amp alone could be all itd need, if anything. But I'm not concerned w/ that now. That's not even on my radar.
    The shop that did my lift had a deal on the Toyo Open Country R/T's and I was a little hesitant because I had planned on getting tires myself. They were already in the shop so I agreed and I'm glad I did. For being sort of a hybrid a/t-m/t they are all but silent on the road. The Rubicon is my wife's and she didn't want any howling mud tires on it; totally impressed with these.

vCash
    I've heard those mentioned a couple of times, as well. Glad to hear you've had good experience w/ them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GOFASTER View Post
    Nitto tires are on sale for 15% off at simpletire.com until midnight tonight. Just sayin'.......
    Thanks. I can't order them right now, but I do appreciate the heads up.

vCash
    Those key fobs

Love not having to deal with a key ever again. Just a wallet and phone for me

vCash
    The size of the fob is annoying and dumb, but I am fine w/ a key.

vCash
    Thanks. I can't order them right now, but I do appreciate the heads up.
    They do financing.......lol

vCash
    I've always ran the KO2s. Not a single complaint about them. Silent on road and last a long time.

vCash
    Ha. I'm sure they do. I'm not getting any tires until I get a set of wheels.

vCash
    Financing car mods. Seems like a great idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    Only thing worse is renting car parts... i.e. wheels.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 07-18-2019 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    Hence the "lol" on the end.....