Thread: Middle East Gets GM Single Cab Variants

vCash

Middle East Gets GM Single Cab Variants

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/...-cab-variants/

While regular cab pickup trucks have largely fallen out of favor in the United States, they’re still popular in one of GMC’s global markets. In the Middle East, GMC unveiled the 2019 Sierra AT4 and Elevation regular cab trucks on Wednesday.

Both trucks pack their respective trim’s goodies, but they look pretty awesome with a single set of doors and a bed behind the driver. GMC unveiled the trucks at the Dana Ramadan tent in City Walk Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

The regular cab models join the 2019 GMC Sierra crew cab models, which have been on sale in the region for some time now. Here in the U.S., the absolute only way to purchase a regular cab Sierra is through a base model. Even mid-range trims only go as small as double cabs. Obviously, a base model lacks a lot of modern comforts buyers come to expect from GM’s premium truck and SUV brand. The truck is also only available with a long box, not a regular box.

It’s a little difficult to tell from the photos provided, but it appears the Sierra Elevation and AT4 regular cab models for the Middle East feature the standard or short bed. The look is compact and quite attractive. We’d imagine the GMC Canyon has something to do with the lack of regular cab variants in the Sierra’s home market.

With the AT4 trim, buyers will receive a host of upgrades to boost off-road performance. Standard features include a 2-inch factory lift kit, the MultiPro tailgate, off-road suspension with Rancho shocks, and the 5.3-liter V8 engine with Dynamic Fuel Management. The Sierra Elevation houses a monochromatic look, 20-inch wheels, and a 2.7-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine as standard.

Prices for the new regular cab models are not yet available, but don’t count on the trucks making their way to the U.S. They will go on sale alongside the short bed Chevrolet Silverado variants this summer. The Middle East will not receive single cab “long bed” variants of these trucks.

Blog Entries
    vCash

vCash
    they love to offroad those GMC's over there

I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

vCash
    You can't get a reg cab 5.3 here already?

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    You can't get a reg cab 5.3 here already?
    They are only going to offer a regular cab in a long bed work truck.

I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    They are only going to offer a regular cab in a long bed work truck.
    Ah