Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 V8 available with more trims for 2020 Silverados, now has class leading towing.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6

6.2 V8 available with more trims for 2020 Silverados, now has class leading towing.

About time.

MORE WHERE IT MATTERS: 2020 SILVERADO 1500
    2019-05-22

For 2020, Silverado 1500 offers more of the things that matter to truck customers:

New 6.2L V-8 Silverado RST can tow up to a class-leading 13,400 pounds when properly equipped.
    New 6.2L V-8 Custom Trail Boss MSRP makes it the most affordable light-duty truck on the market with more than 400 horsepower
    DETROIT — For 2020, Chevrolet makes the strongest, most advanced Silverado even more so with several new features that include the new 10-speed automatic transmission paired with the 5.3L V-8 standard on the LT Trail Boss and available on the High Country; the legendary 6.2L V-8 offered on Custom Trail Boss, LT Trail Boss and RST trims; and available technologies including new trailering features and Adaptive Cruise Control – Camera1.

“In today’s truck market, customers continually demand more features, more technology and more capability,” said Tim Herrick, executive chief engineer of Full-Size Trucks. “For 2020, we are delivering more in each of these areas. As a result, the Silverado now offers customers the most towing capability of any light-duty pickup and the most affordable light-duty truck with more than 400 horsepower.”

New 6.2L V-8 availability for Trail Boss, RST models

For 2020, more than half of Silverado trim levels will be available with the 6.2L V-8 with an SAE-certified 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.

For the Custom Trail Boss and the LT Trail Boss, that power is paired with a 2-inch factory suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with a locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho® mono-tube off-road shocks, 18-inch wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires. The Custom Trail Boss with the 6.2L V-8 starts at $43,865, making it the most affordable light-duty truck with more than 400 horsepower on the market.

“The Trail Boss models are already some of the most popular in the Silverado franchise,” said Sandor Piszar, director of Chevrolet Truck Marketing. “Adding the available 6.2L V-8 will ratchet that excitement up even further. Starting under $44,000 for the Custom Trail Boss, Chevrolet offers enthusiasts an affordable truck with serious performance on and off road.”

Also new for 2020, the 6.2L V-8 is available on Silverado RST models equipped with four-wheel drive. As a result, the maximum towing capacity of the Silverado is increased to a class-leading 13,400 pounds when properly equipped.

For those wanting even more performance, the Silverado 6.2L is available with a Performance Upgrade Package that adds a performance air intake and cat-back performance exhaust system, raising output to 435 horsepower and 469 lb-ft of torque.

More propulsion changes

For 2020, Silverado will be available with an all-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine dedicated to efficiency and refinement. Available on LT, RST, LTZ and High Country models, the 3.0L Duramax diesel is best in its diesel segment for horsepower and torque with an SAE-certified 277 horsepower and 460 lb-ft, with 95% torque arriving at just 1,250 rpm and peak torque arriving at only 1,500 rpm and sustained to 3,000 rpm.

Chevrolet engineers started with a clean-sheet design and developed an all-new engine that leverages the efficiency and refinement advantages of the inline-six-cylinder architecture and builds in advanced combustion and emissions technologies to optimize performance and efficiency.

Chevy’s proven 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management is now available with the 10-speed automatic transmission on certain Silverado trims. This new engine-transmission combination comes standard on the LT Trail Boss and is available on the High Country trim. Pairing the 5.3L V-8 with the 10-speed automatic offers a satisfying driving experience. Closer gear ratios and an overall larger ratio spread enable peak efficiency and a smarter, smoother shift pattern.

The 2020 Silverado Custom will now be available with Chevy’s advanced 2.7L Turbo, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.

New trailering technology, Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera

New for 2020, the Silverado will be available with the expanded towing technologies previously introduced on all-new 2020 Silverado HD.

As a result, both Silverado and Silverado HD are available with a class-leading available 15 unique camera views1 to make trailering more convenient whether pulling a camper or a large cargo trailer. That includes the segment-exclusive transparent trailer feature, which uses the tailgate-mounted camera and an available accessory camera mounted on the rear of the trailer. The resulting display helps drivers to virtually see through the trailer2, assisting them when navigating parking lots, merging into traffic and making tight turns.

Also new for 2020, the Silverado is available with smart trailer technology allowing access to select features of the iN∙Command® Control System from ASA Electronics3 through the myChevrolet mobile app4, either on compatible Android and iOS smartphones or through the in-vehicle trailering app5 on the vehicle’s infotainment system via Apple CarPlay6 or Android Auto7 compatibility.

Finally, the Silverado is available with Adaptive Cruise Control – Camera for 2020. The system features a single high-mounted camera behind the rearview mirror that scans the road and uses proprietary software and algorithms to maintain a safe distance to the vehicle ahead. The system can bring the Silverado to a complete stop and is integrated with the stop/start capability of the engines to help optimize efficiency. Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera is available on Silverado LT, LTZ and High Country.

"C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

vCash
    Finally, giving the 6.2 to the masses outside of the Denali line.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Will there be a RCSB in the new design? I know there won't be for 2019, but have you heard anything for 2020?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by windham View Post
    Will there be a RCSB in the new design? I know there won't be for 2019, but have you heard anything for 2020?
    Not that I'm aware of.

vCash
    The Custom Trail Boss with the 6.2L V-8 starts at $43,865,
    I like this

vCash
    5.3 with ten speed should be available in any trim. 6.2 with ten speed should be available in any trim.

vCash
    I'm warming up to the new look. A guy I know has a white Sierra and at some angles, that truck looks sharp. While it's still far from my favorite, I don't hate it like I once did.

vCash
    GM seems to have so many stupid truck issues of late, big hell no. The 5.0 Ford rips, is highly moddable, and is available in any configuration. As a bonus, the steering wheel is on straight, and there aren't weird seat/body vibration issues. The ram is a pig. Until ram fixes pigness or gm fixes vibrations, Ford is the one to buy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    GM seems to have so many stupid truck issues of late, big hell no. The 5.0 Ford rips, is highly moddable, and is available in any configuration. As a bonus, the steering wheel is on straight, and there aren't weird seat/body vibration issues. The ram is a pig. Until ram fixes pigness or gm fixes vibrations, Ford is the one to buy.
    Isnt the vibration thing an issue with the previous generation GM trucks? I think that and the converter issues with the 8 speed have been ironed out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    I'm warming up to the new look. A guy I know has a white Sierra and at some angles, that truck looks sharp. While it's still far from my favorite, I don't hate it like I once did.
    I thought I was until I was in traffic with a new Silverado the other day. Every angle I saw that truck at looked awful. The Sierra is definitely the better looking of the twins.

I look reasonable, but I'm not. No F-bdy Bs's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Isnt the vibration thing an issue with the previous generation GM trucks? I think that and the converter issues with the 8 speed have been ironed out.
    I don't think they ever unfucked the 8spd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Potent68 View Post
    I thought I was until I was in traffic with a new Silverado the other day. Every angle I saw that truck at looked awful. The Sierra is definitely the better looking of the twins.
    Eh, the Silverado is ok. Sierra is definitely nicer though. Ram curb stomps everyone in terms of interior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    I don't think they ever unfucked the 8spd.
    I'd like to see some testing.

vCash
    Yup.
    I was set on a 6.2 truck until all the issues surfaced on the 14's-18's.
    Not just internet banter. My brother, a couple cousins, and verious friends own them,and I've seen the shitshow first hand, especially with the 8spd.

I flat out don't trust a GM truck at this point.
    Damn shame, because I still think the 6.2 is the overall best half ton engine out there.
    Last edited by No F-bdy Bs; 05-23-2019 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

The 10 speed has proven to be much more trouble free than the 8 speed. Can't say I blame anyone not wanting the 8 speed but the 10 speed isn't having those issues.

Registered Member TransAmDriver's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No F-bdy Bs View Post
    Yup.
    I was set on a 6.2 truck until all the issues surfaced on the 14's-18's.
    Not just internet banter. My brother, a couple cousins, and verious friends own them,and I've seen the shitshow first hand, especially with the 8spd.

I flat out don't trust a GM truck at this point.
    Damn shame, because I still think the 6.2 is the overall best half ton engine out there.
    Impossible! They’ve ironed it all out!
    Hopefully the 10 speed compensates for the shit rear gear ratios.
    GM is building the powertrains in their trucks more like cars than trucks these days. Cutting durability for the sake of fuel mileage.

Towing 13k with a half ton? F a whole bunch of that!
    Last edited by TransAmDriver; 05-23-2019 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmDriver View Post
    Impossible! They’ve i

Towing 13k with a half ton? F a whole bunch of that!

For real.

All bullshit aside, whatever a MFG claims their tow ratings are, I'm comfortable with about half that.

vCash
    Eh, the Silverado is ok. Sierra is definitely nicer though. Ram curb stomps everyone in terms of interior.
    Dodge isnt curb stomping anyone with anything. I sat in all three at the recent auto show. They're all about the same (ford, GM, Dodge)
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-23-2019 at 01:50 AM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Dodge isnt curb stomping anyone with anything. I sat in all three at the recent auto show. They're all about the same (ford, GM, Dodge)
    Ehh, I have to disagree with you there. I don't see how you can say that if you sat in a loaded Laramie or a Limited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    Ehh, I have to disagree with you there. I don't see how you can say that if you sat in a loaded Laramie or a Limited.
    I did. I didn’t think the overall was much if any better than a Denali GMC.

ACtually the ford seemed the cheapest of the three.

vCash
    Everytime I see a new Chevy I'm just like

And I've always liked chevys
    Last edited by beeler422; 05-23-2019 at 07:49 AM.

vCash
    The last gen GMs looked great.
    The new ones look like a mixture of 3 completely different trucks.
    Lifted they don't look bad, but a lifted truck is not my bag whatsoever.

New Rams look pretty slick, but they need a 15% weight reduction, and a updated Hemi that doesn't have valvetrain issues.

Ford isn't anything. It's not bland, or offensive. They need to up their wheel game, and take some pointers from GM.
    Ford still has hands down, the best engine lineup, by far.
    Last edited by No F-bdy Bs; 05-23-2019 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    The 8 speed is still crap. I’d go 6 speed or 10. When my father got his new Sierra I made sure he got one with the 6-speed since he wasn’t a fan of the Denali anyways.

But the 6.2 should be offered on every trim but the WT, 10 speed should be offered in any configuration. Pretty sure Ford does it.

vCash
    regular cab

unless you are building a drag truck just no

just lol

vCash
    Grisfail. Unless you are just wanting to be surrounded by , just no.

just lol

vCash
    pros: lighter and can be a race truck

cons: everything else

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post

The only people(other than work fleets) that want a new regular cab truck are 70+ year old men and weirdos like Windham.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    So if I go with an F150 I think pre 18 they had a 6 speed auto, '18+ has the 10 speed.
    Is there a huge benefit in the 10 over the 6?

vCash
    So if I go with an F150 I think pre 18 they had a 6 speed auto, '18+ has the 10 speed.
    no sure if serious

vCash
    '17 has the gen II 3.5 and 10 speed. I believe the 5.0 still had a 6 speed in 17.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    no sure if serious
    Serious. I know the 6 speed is ok, and the 10 speed is better, but is better enough to pay the added cost? I am looking at doing volunteer work with a group of guys I attend church with and I would need a truck. It wouldn't be nothing heavy, we're talking about stuff like fence repair for elderly/disabled, building/repairing decks, light home repairs ... So I don't need a huge truck or a heavy duty anything. Probably an early 90s Nissan would be big enough, but when I do buy I am getting a full size. So other than making better used of the power, is the 10 speed trans worth paying 3 grand or more? I mean a 2017 F150 and a 2018 F150 isn't all that different other than the trans.

vCash
    regular cab

unless you are building a drag truck just no

just lol

Team crew cab long box! Unless you're one of those chumps in an extended cab short box.

vCash
    serious. I know the 6 speed is ok, and the 10 speed is better, but is better enough to pay the added cost? I am looking at doing volunteer work with a group of guys i attend church with and i would need a truck. It wouldn't be nothing heavy, we're talking about stuff like fence repair for elderly/disabled, building/repairing decks, light home repairs ... So i don't need a huge truck or a heavy duty anything. Probably an early 90s nissan would be big enough, but when i do buy i am getting a full size. So other than making better used of the power, is the 10 speed trans worth paying 3 grand or more? I mean a 2017 f150 and a 2018 f150 isn't all that different other than the trans.
    Holy fuck. 2017 and 2018 have the same damn transmissions! Unless you get a pos 5.0. And you like dumb shit so that's probably the motor you're talking about.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by easttexasws6 View Post
    Holy fuck. 2017 and 2018 have the same damn transmissions! Unless you get a pos 5.0. And you like dumb shit so that's probably the motor you're talking about.
    I am not getting an ecoboost. I wasn't aware that the Coyote was "dumb shit". That's crazy, Ford should stop using it, you need to send a strongly worded email to the Ford family now.

Please go jeffrey Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

vCash
    Just rented a 2019 Ram Big Horn crew cab with 5.7, loved it. I passed up the Silverados and Fords in the lot because it looked nicer and the interior looked nicer. I would def own one.

vCash
    I am not getting an ecoboost. I wasn't aware that the Coyote was "dumb shit". That's crazy, Ford should stop using it, you need to send a strongly worded email to the Ford family now.
    In a car it's great. In a truck it's retarded compared to the other options available. But folks gotta 'Merica and gimme muh big v8 even though it's inferior to the 3.5 eco. I'm pretty sure Ford already knows this.

vCash
    There's too much hostility in this thread.

Assholes.

vCash
    Serious. I know the 6 speed is ok, and the 10 speed is better, but is better enough to pay the added cost? I am looking at doing volunteer work with a group of guys I attend church with and I would need a truck. It wouldn't be nothing heavy, we're talking about stuff like fence repair for elderly/disabled, building/repairing decks, light home repairs ... So I don't need a huge truck or a heavy duty anything. Probably an early 90s Nissan would be big enough, but when I do buy I am getting a full size. So other than making better used of the power, is the 10 speed trans worth paying 3 grand or more? I mean a 2017 F150 and a 2018 F150 isn't all that different other than the trans.
    the 10 speed is a massive difference/upgrade

a friend just went from a 5.0 '17 crew cab to a 5.0 '19 crew cab

totally different truck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr WeatherBoner View Post
    Just rented a 2019 Ram Big Horn crew cab with 5.7, loved it. I passed up the Silverados and Fords in the lot because it looked nicer and the interior looked nicer. I would def own one.
    riveting tale, Karen

Blog Entries
    vCash
    In a car it's great. In a truck it's retarded compared to the other options available. But folks gotta 'Merica and gimme muh big v8 even though it's inferior to the 3.5 eco. I'm pretty sure Ford already knows this.
    K

vCash
    There's too much hostility in this thread.

Assholes.
    Even Texans can't get along with Texans.

vCash
    The new 5.0’s (2018+) in the mustang seem to be blowing up more often than the one it replaced, are the trucks having the same problems?

Blog Entries
    vCash
    I hate those guys!

vCash
    Who's not getting along?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    The new 5.0’s (2018+) in the mustang seem to be blowing up more often than the one it replaced, are the trucks having the same problems?
    I have no idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    What's "blowing up"?

I know the new 5.0 is a Di engine.

Please go jeffrey Dr WeatherBoner's Avatar

vCash
    riveting tale, Karen
    I don't karen what you say beth. Good truck

vCash

anything other than a regular cab is a minivan for bros.

pros: being better at everything

cons: none

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ill deuce View Post
    anything other than a regular cab is a minivan for bros.

pros: being better at everything

cons: none
    I support this post.

vCash
    I like my regular cab even more now that I know griswold doesnt like them.

vCash
    I support this post.
    I support your MOM.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    24 grand for a 2wd, base XL, regular cab/shortened V8, auto trans... 2018, but new.

I am thinking this isn't that great of a deal, what do you guys think about the price?

vCash
    24 grand for a 2wd, base XL, regular cab/shortened V8, auto trans... 2018, but new.

I am thinking this isn't that great of a deal, what do you guys think about the price?
    basically msrp for a year old new truck.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    basically msrp for a year old new truck.
    That's what I was thinking.

vCash
    That's what I was thinking.
    i'd offer them $19k

Blog Entries
    vCash
    i'd offer them $19k
    I am thinking $19 plus TTL is actually a fair offer considering the fact that it is just a few months away from being a 2 year old truck and with the complete lack of options it isn't desired by most people. Depreciation will be a mofo.

vCash
    I agree, and I don’t really like the look of the Sierra. The Silverado is just ugly IMO.

vCash
    I like my regular cab even more now that I know griswold doesnt like them.
    I do like them. For a spare vehicle

vCash
    I do like them. For a spare vehicle
    When mine was my primary vehicle, it was convenient because I never had to drive when it was more than two people

vCash
    When mine was my primary vehicle, it was convenient because I never had to drive when it was more than two people
    Valid point. I do hate most people. BRB buying rcsb

vCash
    I did. I didn’t think the overall was much if any better than a Denali GMC.

ACtually the ford seemed the cheapest of the three.
    I wouldn't doubt it since the Ford is the oldest of the three right now.
    Speaking of, I was looking at an old Chevy truck a few days ago and it finally hit me what always set me off about the square wheel wells on GM Trucks,
    GM has literally forced round pegs into square holes....