Thread: Just another idle video....and new wheels.

vCash

Just another idle video....and new wheels.

Just a quick little idle vid of the ol Scat Pack. It's best if you listen to it with headphones or other speaker than can punch out some decent bass, as she was thumping a bit...lol. I also swapped out the stock wheels for some AR Torque Thrusts 20x8.5 fronts/20x10 rears. Put the old Atturo 275/40's up front, and 285/40 NT420S out back (came on the wheels).

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Sounds good. Not a fan of the wheels though.

Oh I think they like me Tunavelli's Avatar

Blog Entries
    vCash
    How many more miles do you need before you can beat on it some?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunavelli View Post
    How many more miles do you need before you can beat on it some?
    I've started beating on it a little here and there, but haven't gone whole ham yet. Only have about 650-700 miles on the new engine, so she's getting prodded a bit on occasion. Once I get her to 1K miles and do another oil change, it's go time. My wideband AEM came in a few days ago, so that will be going in soon. Then I can start logging A/F and we can start dialing in the tune. I'm anxious to put the spurs to her and see what she's got, so restraining myself is killing me...lol.

vCash
    So when is boost going on? I still can’t imagine doing an entire rebuild for just a cam.

vCash
    Sounds good

All cops everywhere suck Det.Rice's Avatar

vCash
    Sounds awesome.... wheel though?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iron Condor Z
    Do people really like Torque Thrusts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    Apparently some do. Although I’m not sure why. Most of the factory wheel options look better.

vCash
    I had no idea you could still get Torque Thrust wheels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    So when is boost going on? I still can’t imagine doing an entire rebuild for just a cam.
    Boost will probably be next year, unless I run across a deal on a used setup. I was going to swap in another stock bottom end and just do cam + bolt ons, but got one helluva deal on the rods/pistons. Normally they are 1800-1900 for the set, I got these for 1300.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Det.Rice View Post
    Sounds awesome.... wheel though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    Well, considering I only paid 425 for the set, why the heck not...lol. It also gave me a lot wider footprint out back, which the car desperately needs. The 285's are good for now, but later I can put a 305 or 315 out back and not worry about fitment issues. If it comes down to it, will have the centers powdercoated a dark charcoal gray or maybe black. For now, they do the trick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Clay View Post
    I had no idea you could still get Torque Thrust wheels.
    The original TT Heritage design like I have is a discontinued wheel. AR changed it to the TT2, and they have to be custom ordered for the Challenger/Charger lug pattern. I actually wanted another design, but stumbled over these locally and said F it. I'll probably end up changing my mind by end of the year, and go back to the ones I wanted before. I really wanted the SRT 392 Hyperblack wheels, but even the repops are 300 ea...nope, rather spend that $$ on go fast parts or buy stuff for the house.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GldRush98 Steam ID: GldRush98
    So how do you tune a scat? I thought Dodge had their shit locked down / encrypted so you couldn't really touch it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GldRush98 View Post
    So how do you tune a scat? I thought Dodge had their shit locked down / encrypted so you couldn't really touch it.
    Yep, it's an expensive undertaking just to tune one. Dodge locked the PCM in 2015 and up cars/trucks. You have to either buy a PCM and send off to be unlocked, or send in your OEM unit to be unlocked. Then you can tune with either HP Tuners or Diablo Sport/SCT software. All in all, it's an easy $1k just to tune a '15-up Mopar. Definitely not plug n play like the GM and Ford camps have been for years.
    Last edited by Evil87GN; 05-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Gamer IDs

Ah, ok, that's what I was thinking. Kinda silly that Dodge is all performance oriented, yet they make it very difficult to tune their stuff.
    I've heard even the new GM stuff is locked down pretty tight. The guy who tuned my TA was telling me that the new Corvettes have a counter in them and can be remotely flashed by GM, so it's basically impossible to hide anything done on the car.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GldRush98 View Post
    Ah, ok, that's what I was thinking. Kinda silly that Dodge is all performance oriented, yet they make it very difficult to tune their stuff.
    I've heard even the new GM stuff is locked down pretty tight. The guy who tuned my TA was telling me that the new Corvettes have a counter in them and can be remotely flashed by GM, so it's basically impossible to hide anything done on the car.
    I heard a similar tale about the new F150s. The dealer supposedly can tell how many times the engine has been started and turned off since the last computer flash. Don't know if that's true though

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    I heard a similar tale about the new F150s. The dealer supposedly can tell how many times the engine has been started and turned off since the last computer flash. Don't know if that's true though
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was. The technology to do it has been around since basically OBD2 became standard. It seems they've only recently started getting serious about locking things down.

Registered Member speed_demon24's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: spddmn24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    It's been that way for awhile. If you tune your car you can safely assume your giving up the power train warranty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_demon24 View Post
    It's been that way for awhile. If you tune your car you can safely assume your giving up the power train warranty.
    Yup, GM PCMs have had a checksum counter for a long time. For the diesels and any of the V8 cars, they're pretty much instructed to verify calibration and # of reflashes before proceeding with warranty work.