Thread: GM Says Ramís Impressive Q1 Truck Sales Deserve an Asterisk

vCash

GM Says Ramís Impressive Q1 Truck Sales Deserve an Asterisk

Earlier this month, we reported that for the first time in recent memory*there had been a shakeup in full-size truck sales. The Ford F-series was still the top seller for the quarter, but instead of Chevrolet, it was Ram that took second. That was a huge accomplishment for Ram, but if you ask General Motors, […]
    The post GM Says Ram’s Impressive Q1 Truck Sales Deserve an Asterisk appeared first on Motortrend.

More...

vCash
    Not surprising. Dodge has always had to give away their product for increased sales.

vCash
    This is what GM said when it became apparent that the Camaro was in 3rd place in the pony car sales. Hey, we make more profit per vehicle!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Not surprising. Dodge has always had to give away their product for increased sales.
    My father saved about $12k off sticker on his classic 2019 Sierra. GM was pretty much giving them away and also selling the classics along side the new gens.
    Last edited by Davy_Baby9; 04-19-2019 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    GM very likely makes more because they will cheap out on anything they can on the vehicle, yet charge market prices. That strategy will start to bite them, as people realize Ford and Ram will give you a nicer truck for the same price. The new Ram is a hit and the GM twins swung and missed. They have a huge customer base and that is what will help them, but how many conquest sales do you think GM is getting on trucks? Probably not many.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    So stupid. I don't know why they even felt the need to release this statement. Seems childish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    So stupid. I don't know why they even felt the need to release this statement. Seems childish.
    This.

Dodge chose to discount to increase sales volume. Wow, I mean, that's a totally new business concept, never been done before. And it's totally a hidden thing, nobody knows that Dodge does it either.

The dodge trucks are just as good these days. They want to discount them? Good. Better for consumers.
    Last edited by SwollHottie; 04-19-2019 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    This.

Dodge chose to discount to increase sales volume. Wow, I mean, that's a totally new business concept, never been done before. And it's totally a hidden thing, nobody knows that Dodge does it either.

The dodge trucks are just as good these days. They want to discount them? Good. Better for consumers.
    Exactly. As if consumers give a fuck that you're making more profit. What fucking genius thought that was a good idea to announce?

GM isn't offering big rebates and dealers are forced to lose money to move old units. Fucking asshats.
    Last edited by Gearhead SS; 04-20-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    This.

Dodge trucks for a long time have been victim of bad word of mouth. My family bought a new 1/2 ton Dodge way back in 1988. My dad went to buy the redesigned Chevy but the Chevy dealer wouldn't budge off of sticker at all. He went across the street and bought the Dodge with more options for thousands less. That truck was rock solid for over 250,000 miles.

He had the same experience in 2002. He bought a new half ton quad cab and that truck never gave any problems for another 250,000 miles plus.

vCash
    I know itís not a new ram, but when I traded off my Ď15 2500 diesel last October it had no less than 7 outstanding recalls. Since trading it in 6 months ago Iíve gotten at least 4 new recalls in the mail.

Registered Member

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Hook View Post
    I know it’s not a new ram, but when I traded off my ‘15 2500 diesel last October it had no less than 7 outstanding recalls. Since trading it in 6 months ago I’ve gotten at least 4 new recalls in the mail.
    I’m taking my 15 2500 in for 6 recalls. Figured there are enough that I should do it before trying to sell it

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TTU98SS
    CDJR

The only letter here that isn't garbage is the J

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TTU View Post
    CDJR

The only letter here that isn't garbage is the J