vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
    Get you one of these on 40's

He's got some money in that rig..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    Silly argument. Does anyone need a 707hp car? No? So why don't you give hellcat owners shit for it?

Answer: because you think fast cars are cool, but don't really care for jeeps.
    I do like Jeeps. I give her shit because she lifted her jeep and put ugly wheels on it, yet it never gets wheeled by her own admission. It's the definition of jeep poser, especially wanting a Rubicon when you 100% dont need the capability. And captain save a Teri, she's not going to fuck you.

Edit: oh and berman, please tell me all about genuine enthusiasts that dont know how to drive a stick.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-17-2019 at 03:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I do like Jeeps. I give her shit because she lifted her jeep and put ugly wheels on it, yet it never gets wheeled by her own admission. It's the definition of jeep poser, especially wanting a Rubicon when you 100% dont need the capability. And captain save a Teri, she's not going to fuck you.

Edit: oh and berman, please tell me all about genuine enthusiasts that dont know how to drive a stick.
    Teri said she can't drive stick?

Ok, I'll give her shit for that one wtf Teri?

vCash
    Teri said she can't drive stick?

Ok, I'll give her shit for that one wtf Teri?
    Yea, that was brought up several years ago when she had a Corvette, IIRC, and her car enthusiast proclamation came under fire from several folks. Albeit, probably in a softer manner than what was exhibited here today, I will admit.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-17-2019 at 05:37 AM.

vCash
    I'm just messing around, I dont dislike Teri

I do however feel she deserves some shit for her jeep though

vCash
    CT & OP... have y'all found all of the Easter Eggs on your Jeeps?

"C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

vCash
    Yup, the flip flops and other jeep symbols, pretty cool

vCash
    Yup, the flip flops and other jeep symbols, pretty cool
    And the beer can holder on the tailgate. And the little Jeep crawling across the speedo upon startup.

vCash
    I didn't know about the beer can holder. Someone posted up about the flip flops and had no idea they were in there. They said something to the effect that they had some defect in their paint job that made it look like flip flops.

If you’ve got the time.... Jack Daniels's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I've just learned. People love to hate on me. I've had some of the same cars as Cory and he gets ZERO shit................
    great now he's going to give me shit for having a Hellcat too

whatever. It's my money. I'll blow it how I choose.
    Everybody gets shit for something around here.

vCash
    Do y'all plan on getting a Tazer for your JL?

I'm guessing that's what you'd use to recalibrate your speedo after changing tire sizes and I'm assuming they've done away with the old method (like on my TJ) where you swap out a plastic gear on the transmission for the speedo correction.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ogrammer.8746/

It'll allow you to do all sorts of stuff... The one thing I would want it for is to permanently turn off the Auto Start. IMO, that was dumb to make that always default to being on once the engine is cut off.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-17-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Rise early. Work hard. STRIKE OIL! CT Morgan's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    I've been hearing about some having issues with the 35"+ spare tires having clearance issues with the rear bumper. Will the steel Jeep rear bumper allow for a large spare tire?
    No issue with clearance with my 35", but a couple comments... I have aftermarket wheels with proper backspacing for a 12.5" tire, I have the steel bumpers and I have the Mopar heavy duty tire carrier. I don't tend to take a bunch of shortcuts. I could see a base bumper having issues with a 35x12.5 on a stock wheel with improper spacing on the stock carrier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Everybody gets shit for something around here.
    FACT!

Teri gets too much, but still a fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CT Morgan View Post
    No issue with clearance with my 35", but a couple comments... I have aftermarket wheels with proper backspacing for a 12.5" tire, I have the steel bumpers and I have the Mopar heavy duty tire carrier. I don't tend to take a bunch of shortcuts. I could see a base bumper having issues with a 35x12.5 on a stock wheel with improper spacing on the stock carrier.
    I know 35's will fit on a Rubicon without a lift, but will it work with the stock rims?

On the tire carrier... is it on the gate or on the bumper? I saw several mention Rusty's. It stays off the bumper and attached to the gate. They reinforce the gate to support the weight. Their rack will hold up to a 40" tire. That seems like a lot on the gate, but I haven't read anything but positive feedback.

vCash
    I know 35's will fit on a Rubicon without a lift, but will it work with the stock rims?

On the tire carrier... is it on the gate or on the bumper? I saw several mention Rusty's. It stays off the bumper and attached to the gate. They reinforce the gate to support the weight. Their rack will hold up to a 40" tire. That seems like a lot on the gate, but I haven't read anything but positive feedback.
    I know people are putting 35s on stock rims, but I don't know if they are running spacers or not. I would expect so, but not sure. Body and suspension clearance may still be different than tire carrier/bumper though.

The Mopar kit also reinforces the gate and gate hinges so everything stays off the bumper.

Slowest SS in Dee F Dubya JUSTINASS's Avatar

vCash
    that jeep above on 40's is badass...nice to look at.
    but i would stick to 35's for a daily

vCash
    Yea, that was brought up several years ago when she had a Corvette, IIRC, and her car enthusiast proclamation came under fire from several folks. Albeit, probably in a softer manner than what was exhibited here today, I will admit.
    Shit, I learned to drive stick before I even turned 16. Ain't that hard.

Plus I will never forget the day I learned. Stalling my dad's c4 up and down the street while he was yelling "more gas!! More gas!! STEP ON THE GAS MORE!" One of my funniest childhood memories

vCash
    Do y'all plan on getting a Tazer for your JL?

I'm guessing that's what you'd use to recalibrate your speedo after changing tire sizes and I'm assuming they've done away with the old method (like on my TJ) where you swap out a plastic gear on the transmission for the speedo correction.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ogrammer.8746/

It'll allow you to do all sorts of stuff... The one thing I would want it for is to permanently turn off the Auto Start. IMO, that was dumb to make that always default to being on once the engine is cut off.
    Yea, opt for the Tazer Mini, it'll do 99% of what you really want to do anyways. I want it for the lightshow effects (my kids of course), the start/stop engine removal feature - seriously bothers me when it's on, and the tire ratio recalibration for the speedo

vCash
    Yea, opt for the Tazer Mini, it'll do 99% of what you really want to do anyways. I want it for the lightshow effects (my kids of course), the start/stop engine removal feature - seriously bothers me when it's on, and the tire ratio recalibration for the speedo
    I saw the mini mentioned, but didn't know much about it. How much is it? I'm seeing $219 and $319 for the mini.

Also. Any word on if that will void the warranty?
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-17-2019 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Think I've seen it for less than that and most people who go in for service just summary it I think before going in.

Teri how BAD was it down there? Friends are telling multiple deaths, shootout, warzone, multiple lifechopper evacs. Etc. Just a shitshow caused by non jeep folks and the side by sides (and others) just getting drunk and causing mayhem. Heard the traffic delay was just stupid

Banned

Blog Entries
    vCash
    I wouldn't click this thread but a friend of mine just got one of these, and I have to say, it's pretty fucking awesome. If I had enough money and space I'd have one in my garage for sure. Sweet vehicle.

vCash
    Think I've seen it for less than that and most people who go in for service just summary it I think before going in.

Teri how BAD was it down there? Friends are telling multiple deaths, shootout, warzone, multiple lifechopper evacs. Etc. Just a shitshow caused by non jeep folks and the side by sides (and others) just getting drunk and causing mayhem. Heard the traffic delay was just stupid
    damn...that sucks

vCash

We probably won't go back unless some things change. We helped a buddy out with his booth for Mike's Hard Lemonade. We passed out free booze, koozies, chapstick (swag) all weekend. We usually left each night before the crazy happened. We were also sharing a house with 5 Sherriff Officers (some were working night shifts during the event)

Friday night about 8:30 was when the guy got run over. One of the officers worked the scene. He fell out of his vehicle and his head was run over by a passing vehicle. It literally popped his eyes out. Officer said they could not locate his left eye. He now has 1% brain function. At first it was reported he died. Apparently his injuries to his head were really bad. I know 2 girls were hit by a vehicle while crossing the street with a cooler. One may not make it.

It was pretty High Tide all weekend so there was not much beach to drive / park on. This caused lots of issues. Too many kids doing crAzy shit. 20+ kids pilled into one vehicle hanging out the windows, standing in the beds. Too many NON JEEP vehicles and SXS.

vCash
    We probably won't go back unless some things change. We helped a buddy out with his booth for Mike's Hard Lemonade. We passed out free booze, koozies, chapstick (swag) all weekend. We usually left each night before the crazy happened. We were also sharing a house with 5 Sherriff Officers (some were working night shifts during the event)

Friday night about 8:30 was when the guy got run over. One of the officers worked the scene. He fell out of his vehicle and his head was run over by a passing vehicle. It literally popped his eyes out. Officer said they could not locate his left eye. He now has 1% brain function. At first it was reported he died. Apparently his injuries to his head were really bad. I know 2 girls were hit by a vehicle while crossing the street with a cooler. One may not make it.

It was pretty High Tide all weekend so there was not much beach to drive / park on. This caused lots of issues. Too many kids doing crAzy shit. 20+ kids pilled into one vehicle hanging out the windows, standing in the beds. Too many NON JEEP vehicles and SXS.
    jesus

vCash
    That is just awful.

vCash

Many people had no idea your big ass heavy truck will sink if you park it in the water. Took 3 Jeeps to pull him out

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    You don't have to lie Teri. We all know you just wanted to take a pic of the giant blow up dong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    You don't have to lie Teri. We all know you just wanted to take a pic of the giant blow up dong.
    it was "hard" not to get a picture of a fake dong or boobies. This pic also had boobies in it
    This was from a video and I screenshotted the spot where you could see the truck the best.

vCash
    it was "hard" not to get a picture of a fake dong or boobies. This pic also had boobies in it
    This was from a video and I screenshotted the spot where you could see the truck the best.
    Make a thread on Jeep weekend. I want to see all videos/pictures. My mom's BF lives on Crystal Beach and he was "smh" about the whole thing. Jeep weekend last year was perfectly fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crAzy View Post
    Make a thread on Jeep weekend. I want to see all videos/pictures. My mom's BF lives on Crystal Beach and he was "smh" about the whole thing. Jeep weekend last year was perfectly fine.
    FB (Teri Lane) or the gram (Teri9672).............. I've posted most of them there

vCash
    Shit, I learned to drive stick before I even turned 16. Ain't that hard.

Plus I will never forget the day I learned. Stalling my dad's c4 up and down the street while he was yelling "more gas!! More gas!! STEP ON THE GAS MORE!" One of my funniest childhood memories
    I learned on a tractor when I was like 10 or 12, then I taught my grandmother how to drive a manual when she was in her 60s. We took our drivers license test at the same time. Anyone can learn at nearly any age.

vCash

Sounds like Ocean City when any car event is in town.

vCash
    I saw the mini mentioned, but didn't know much about it. How much is it? I'm seeing $219 and $319 for the mini.

Also. Any word on if that will void the warranty?
    Unless I'm mistaken, you can just pull a fuse to disable the auto start/stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 426HEMI View Post
    Yep, think you can, but you'll have an engine light or something similar on the dash.

vCash
    Is this possible on a grand cherokee as well? A 2017.

vCash
    Dan, just buy a damn jeep already...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINASS View Post
    Dan, just buy a damn jeep already...
    Shush your mouth. I'm waiting to hear something back from a dealership. It's going to have to be ordered. Just waiting for them to get the price right.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-22-2019 at 12:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Is this possible on a grand cherokee as well? A 2017.
    I believe so.

vCash
    Seems to me that you should also be able to rewire the button on the dash to a constant open/closed (depending on how it is wired could be either) position, but that video above shows the easiest way to turn it off for good.
    Last edited by 426HEMI; 05-22-2019 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    I liked the Tazer Mini idea bc of its other capabilities... like adjusting the speedometer for a change in tire size.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-22-2019 at 01:27 AM.

vCash
    I liked the Tazer Mini idea bc of its other capabilities... like adjusting the speedometer for a change in tire size.
    Might see if a local Jeep club has one you can borrow. I'm not opposed to spending money, but that's a good bit of $ just to have a dash light off and correct a speedo. Especially when I can measure my speed with Waze then adjust mentally if necessary.

Then again I never looked at them for a Jeep, so could do all kinds of cool stuff.

vCash
    Might see if a local Jeep club has one you can borrow. I'm not opposed to spending money, but that's a good bit of $ just to have a dash light off and correct a speedo. Especially when I can measure my speed with Waze then adjust mentally if necessary.

Then again I never looked at them for a Jeep, so could do all kinds of cool stuff.
    I'm pretty certain each device marries itself to the vehicle. Not really something you can borrow, but I could be wrong.

vCash
    I'm pretty certain each device marries itself to the vehicle. Not really something you can borrow, but I could be wrong.
    Probably right.