Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a 2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

vCash
    I think we have just about everything but the 8.4" screen so it doesn't have nav built in. But it does have Apple Car Play and the Android equivalent which I'm fine with. Never liked factory nav on any car I've owned anyway. Cold weather package with heated wheel/seats. My wife insisted on heated seats (i'm not big on heated seats but the heated wheel is awesome). Painted top and fenders (a must for me, I don't like the black at all), LED package, leather, remote start, LSD rear axle, trailer tow package that comes with 4 aux switches (this is very cool), active safety package with blind spot monitoring and parking sensors and it had upgraded wheels but I replaced them with Rubicon take offs.

I think the 19's now have adaptive cruise control. I'd get that for sure. Kinda crazy for a Jeep I know but we DD this thing.

Oh yeah to answer your question, the LED's are incredible. I now feel like I'm driving with flashlights when I get in my GTO.

I have heard complaints that the LED headlights will build up snow since they don't get warm enough. Shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; 05-13-2019 at 03:54 AM.

vCash
    On Jeep's site, I can't select the non-nav feature and I don't know how to spec it that way. I agree with you... I don't care for it built in. I'll get the painted fenders. I'm going to skip the towing package bc it'll quickly become irrelevant once I swap the rear bumper and get one with a built in hitch insert. That and I can still run the wires.

I'd like to skip the Alpine system simply bc I can build am aftermarket system that'll be much better for less money.

"C-c-c-c-ombo Breaker!!" jeeplaw's Avatar

vCash
    So for the money, the alpine system is pretty freaking good, even better than my beats system in my scatpack. The audio engineers did a really good job with the setup. Plus, if you opt for the 1500$ infotainment package you get an acoustical windshield too which apparently is a quieter windshield.

I got the tow package because of the beefed up battery and alternator, plus, you get the already wired up aux panel for tapping in future add ons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Not quieter overall... but as far as windnoise, my hardtop TJ is the same as the JLs I drove. My TJ has a lot more drivetrain noise coming through than the JL did.

Speaking of the hardtops, I wish they had an option where you could get a solid hardtop on the JLs and not the freedom tops. I doubt I'd ever take those out w/out also taking the back off. Having a removable top made of 3 pieces just seems like it'd be conducive to unnecessary windnoise and potential leaking. I read where the JKs had issues leaking w/ their hardtops due to the bolts that went through the center... FCA corrected this w/ the JL by not putting those bolts in the hardtop, but it's still a 3-piece removable top.
    Hard top I can believe, if you meant soft top I'd have to raise the flag. Loads of difference there. Then again your drive line probably just drowns out your wind noise.

Never had a leaking issue with any of the JKs I owned, nothing to worry about IMO. A 1 piece hard top would be more cumbersome which is why they don't do it probably.

vCash
    I realize how that sounds, but I'd gladly allow someone to do the pepsi challenge and I feel confident they couldn't tell the difference.

BDS springs + the Teraflex shocks on KO2s... I've now driven 4 JLs (2 Saharas) and still stand by my original statement. I couldn't say the same for all the other TJs out there, but for mine, absolutely.
    I'd take that challenge.

vCash
    What options did y'all get w/ your JL?

I'm trying to decide what's worth it and what I need to pass on.

1) Leaning towards the black top instead of the painted top.

2) 8.4" screen w/ the Alpine system or the 7" standard

3) Leaning towards the leather seats instead of the cloth

4) Going w/ heated seats

5) LED lights? Many are saying this is a must have.
    Painted is a $2k option IIRC, if you like the looks and don't mind the price it looks good.

Alpine is a good choice, MUCH better than standard offering.

Leather always, if the top is off and it rains, leather is much easier to wipe out and go.

Heated seats always. Makes door off driving more pleasant at night.

LEDs are nice, but you'll get twice the people high beaming you thinking your highs are on. Was the most annoying thing about them. By no means is it a must have. They are bright as shit though, so if you need that kinda output on a regular basis, go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    I think we have just about everything but the 8.4" screen so it doesn't have nav built in. But it does have Apple Car Play and the Android equivalent which I'm fine with. Never liked factory nav on any car I've owned anyway. Cold weather package with heated wheel/seats. My wife insisted on heated seats (i'm not big on heated seats but the heated wheel is awesome). Painted top and fenders (a must for me, I don't like the black at all), LED package, leather, remote start, LSD rear axle, trailer tow package that comes with 4 aux switches (this is very cool), active safety package with blind spot monitoring and parking sensors and it had upgraded wheels but I replaced them with Rubicon take offs.

I think the 19's now have adaptive cruise control. I'd get that for sure. Kinda crazy for a Jeep I know but we DD this thing.

Oh yeah to answer your question, the LED's are incredible. I now feel like I'm driving with flashlights when I get in my GTO.

I have heard complaints that the LED headlights will build up snow since they don't get warm enough. Shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Un Painted fenders isn't an option on Saharas AFAIK. It is part of what makes a Sahara a Sahara.

On no Nav, Waze owns that shit all day every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
    So for the money, the alpine system is pretty freaking good, even better than my beats system in my scatpack. The audio engineers did a really good job with the setup. Plus, if you opt for the 1500$ infotainment package you get an acoustical windshield too which apparently is a quieter windshield.

I got the tow package because of the beefed up battery and alternator, plus, you get the already wired up aux panel for tapping in future add ons.
    Not to mention the subwoofer is 100% waterproof. They have a video somewhere of it playing underwater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 426HEMI View Post
    Painted is a $2k option IIRC, if you like the looks and don't mind the price it looks good.

Alpine is a good choice, MUCH better than standard offering.

Leather always, if the top is off and it rains, leather is much easier to wipe out and go.

Heated seats always. Makes door off driving more pleasant at night.

LEDs are nice, but you'll get twice the people high beaming you thinking your highs are on. Was the most annoying thing about them. By no means is it a must have. They are bright as shit though, so if you need that kinda output on a regular basis, go for it.
    $2k option, yes, but $1k more than a black hardtop, which is what I'll have. I'm leaning more towards the black hardtop. I like the painted on a 4-door, but of the 2-doors, I've found myself liking the black top better.

Did not know the sub was waterproof. That is very intriguing.

On the Rubicon, painted fenders is a $400 option and I'd absolutely go that route. You also can't get a Sahara in a 2-door.

I just have to figure out how to option it with the 8.4" plus Alpine system and not get the nav. On Jeep's site, you can't specify those things. You can only pick which screen and it automatically includes everything with that screen.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-14-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Rise early. Work hard. STRIKE OIL! CT Morgan's Avatar

vCash
    $2k option, yes, but $1k more than a black hardtop, which is what I'll have. I'm leaning more towards the black hardtop. I like the painted on a 4-door, but of the 2-doors, I've found myself liking the black top better.

Did not know the sub was waterproof. That is very intriguing.

On the Rubicon, painted fenders is a $400 option and I'd absolutely go that route. You also can't get a Sahara in a 2-door.

I just have to figure out how to option it with the 8.4" plus Alpine system and not get the nav. On Jeep's site, you can't specify those things. You can only pick which screen and it automatically includes everything with that screen.
    I don't think you can separate the 8.4" from the nav.

vCash
    Dan,

A Mopar lift will get you about 2-3" of lift depending on the model of jeep you go with. Those who don't get a Rubicon are seeing more of 3-3.5" of lift. I'm targeting my build to look like this:

The benefit of the Mopar lift is that it's driveway friendly to install, it's at a decent price point that comes with Fox Shocks and it's pretty good for the money.

Could always just go no lift and run 35's

You can also run spacer lifts to get space for a 37 as well. Obviously offroad performance will suffer, but if it's a pavement queen, it's a good starter lift
    Rubicon makes an inexpensive one that lets you get a good stance. I believe it's $400

Another 2 door Jl

Specs:
    Lift: EVO 2.5” Boost
    Wheels: Black Rhino El Cajon’s -12 offset
    Tires: BFG KO2s 37x12.5r17

before:

after:

Love that top one. Maybe when I'm 80 I can finally get a jeep

vCash
    What sucks is the Jeep is the entry fee. I've already been looking at wheels, bumpers, winch, tires, B&M shifter, etc...

I need an extra $10k just for mods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Your TJ rides better than a Sahara JL? GTFO.
    Apparently, it's just in my own head. My dad rode with me in a 2-door for a test drive and the first thing he said was "this rides a lot better than yours".

Damnit.

#AdmittingIWasProbablyWrong
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-15-2019 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    Apparently, it's just in my own head. My dad rode with me in a 2-door for a test drive and the first thing he said was "this rides a lot better than yours".

Damnit.

Jeeps have chick engines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    Jeeps have chick engines.
    Seriously considering a 6.4L conversion to get the sound back from my scatpack in the far off future lol

This one's for you, Nell cuda6pak's Avatar

vCash
    Is Dan finally going to buy a new vehicle?

vCash

Damnit.

vCash
    almost have my shirt done for this weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda6pak View Post
    Is Dan finally going to buy a new vehicle?
    Let's not jump to conclusions. It's only been 12 years since I bought my last vehicle.

vCash
    Let's not jump to conclusions. It's only been 12 years since I bought my last vehicle.
    update on acura replacement?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Griswold View Post
    It's been put on hold.

vCash

Slowest SS in Dee F Dubya JUSTINASS's Avatar

vCash
    sounds like the wife is about to get a jeep rubicon with a red dash

vCash
    We test drove this Rubicon yesterday. We've driven several JLU Saharas and Rubicons so far, but this one was different in that we had people in the back seat. Had my dad in the front seat with me and my wife and my mom in the back seat. They thought it rode great and they had plenty of room. We could easily see taking a trip with them or friends and having lots of room for everyone. I wasn't even considering a JLU until yesterday. At only $1,300 more, it's a great option. I wish it was a $10k option. That'd make the decision a lot easier.

This is the one we drove. The Rubicons drive so well.

https://www.blackburnmotor.net/new/J...3673bb59c1.htm
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-15-2019 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    please update with better pictures after purchase...

vCash
    That seat color is pretty bad in that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Potent68 View Post
    That seat color is pretty bad in that one.
    Yeah, I wouldn't get that one. I want black leather and heated seats. That one had neither.

vCash
    Tim already said last night "our next JEEP will be a Rubicon"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I'm glad you specified JEEP there. It might be hard to replace the Hellcat Challenger with a Rubicon Challenger.

vCash
    Just put the Rubicon stickers on your current one. Not like you actually need any of the Rubicon equipment

vCash
    One is not like the other...and yea, that's my cat's tail getting caught in the pic

37" Mickey Thompson Deegan 38's compared to the stock 33's

vCash
    We test drove this Rubicon yesterday. We've driven several JLU Saharas and Rubicons so far, but this one was different in that we had people in the back seat. Had my dad in the front seat with me and my wife and my mom in the back seat. They thought it rode great and they had plenty of room. We could easily see taking a trip with them or friends and having lots of room for everyone. I wasn't even considering a JLU until yesterday. At only $1,300 more, it's a great option. I wish it was a $10k option. That'd make the decision a lot easier.

This is the one we drove. The Rubicons drive so well.

https://www.blackburnmotor.net/new/J...3673bb59c1.htm
    It has been said that Rubicons ride better than a Mercedes S550.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Just put the Rubicon stickers on your current one. Not like you actually need any of the Rubicon equipment
    hey now, we are taking it to the beach tomorrow .................. don't be a hater

vCash
    One is not like the other...and yea, that's my cat's tail getting caught in the pic

yes!!

vCash

I'm anxious to see how that is to DD and if you feel the need to go up from a 4.10.

vCash
    I was completely against getting the metal bumper from Jeep, but after looking at the other options, and the fact it comes with both the front and back, I'm leaning towards that being a good option. Especially considering how it looks with the end caps off. Ready for a winch and everything. I haven't seen an aftermarket JL bumper I like as much as the stubby metal one from Jeep.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-16-2019 at 09:52 PM.

vCash
    I'm anxious to see how that is to DD and if you feel the need to go up from a 4.10.
    What everyone is telling me, and the one JL I rode with 37's that I experienced, is that DD'ing a 37 is just like DD'ing a 35 on the JK's. No real loss of power from the stop, not in 8th gear as much on the highway but I'll live. My spidertrax spacers come in tomorrow, so I may try to get over to a tire place on Saturday and get them switched out. I'm still debating on which lift but I should be able to stuff the 37s under there for a couple of days until I decide with minimal rubbing.

vCash
    I was completely against getting the metal bumper from Jeep, but after looking at the other options, and the fact it comes with both the front and back, I'm leaning towards that being a good option. Especially considering how it looks with the end caps off. Ready for a winch and everything. I haven't seen an aftermarket JL bumper I like as much as the stubby metal one from Jeep.
    Yea, that's the main benefit with the stock steel bumper - you're ready to go out of the box. I'm with you, go stubby and take the end caps off. Although if you ever do want to go with something else, just get the plastic now and save some money. I'm leaning towards an XRC myself

vCash
    Yep! I figured you would get there. That option is worth it.

vCash
    hey now, we are taking it to the beach tomorrow .................. don't be a hater
    Jack Daniels takes his bone stock non rubicon Jeep to the beach all the time. Don’t be a poser.

vCash
    I've been hearing about some having issues with the 35"+ spare tires having clearance issues with the rear bumper. Will the steel Jeep rear bumper allow for a large spare tire?

vCash
    Yea, that's the main benefit with the stock steel bumper - you're ready to go out of the box. I'm with you, go stubby and take the end caps off. Although if you ever do want to go with something else, just get the plastic now and save some money. I'm leaning towards an XRC myself

Oh, I like that. that's one of the better looking ones I've seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Silly argument. Does anyone need a 707hp car? No? So why don't you give hellcat owners shit for it?

Answer: because you think fast cars are cool, but don't really care for jeeps.

vCash
    Silly argument. Does anyone need a 707hp car? No? So why don't you give hellcat owners shit for it?

Answer: because you think fast cars are cool, but don't really care for jeeps.
    I've just learned. People love to hate on me. I've had some of the same cars as Cory and he gets ZERO shit................
    great now he's going to give me shit for having a Hellcat too

whatever. It's my money. I'll blow it how I choose.

vCash
    I've just learned. People love to hate on me. I've had some of the same cars as Cory and he gets ZERO shit................
    great now he's going to give me shit for having a Hellcat too

whatever. It's my money. I'll blow it how I choose.
    I'm not really sure if you've got shit over the cars you actually drive, like your hellcat. I think the shit is more for your husband doing things like buying a car, never driving it (while parking it in your living room), and then selling it a few years later that's my take anyway. The shit is mostly for your husband's antics.

vCash
    I'm not really sure if you've got shit over the cars you actually drive, like your hellcat. I think the shit is more for your husband doing things like buying a car, never driving it (while parking it in your living room), and then selling it a few years later that's my take anyway. The shit is mostly for your husband's antics.
    I still crack up that you think we park cars in our living room

vCash
    I still crack up that you think we park cars in our living room
    I wouldn't think it if you hadn't posted actual pics of it

vCash
    Cory actually does things with his and seems like a genuine enthusiast. He's not just a purchaser. I think that's why he doesn't get crap for what he buys. Teri seems to care more about the attention she gets over what her husband buys than utilizing the capabilities of the vehicle itself. And I think that's why she gets more crap. There's not much excitement in being a vehicle custodian.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-17-2019 at 12:40 AM.

vCash
    Cory actually does things with his and seems like a genuine enthusiast. He's not just a purchaser. I think that's why he doesn't get crap for what he buys. Teri seems to care more about the attention she gets over what her husband buys than utilizing the capabilities of the vehicle itself. And I think that's why she gets more crap. There's not much excitement in being a vehicle custodian.
    She daily drives a hellcat. Ain't like she's driving a little Lexus crossover and saying "teehee look at my husband's cars". Kind of unfair to say she's not a genuine enthusiast.

vCash
    ok Dan. I've been into muscle cars my ENTIRE life.

and I like that you say "What my HUSBAND buys" sorry, I make more money than he does. Have my own perfect credit and can walk into any dealership and buy whatever I want.

and what is does things with his mean??
    I had an 02 SS, drove it daily
    I've had several Corvettes, drove them daily
    Hell HAD a Z07 convertible, drove it daily
    2 hellcats, drove them daily
    now I have a jeep we lifted, drive daily... So since I don't go rock crawling with the Jeep I don't deserve to own it??

confused??

vCash
    wat

and it's mainly 5.0 giving her shit

but he gives everyone shit so it doesn't really count

vCash
    She daily drives a hellcat. Ain't like she's driving a little Lexus crossover and saying "teehee look at my husband's cars". Kind of unfair to say she's not a genuine enthusiast.
    The old men driving around in Corvettes for appearance purposes will be glad to know you support their enthusiast lifestyles But you're right. Fitz will be pleased.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 05-17-2019 at 01:55 AM.

vCash
    The old men driving around in Corvettes for appearance purposes will be glad to know you support their enthusiast lifestyles But you're right. Fitz will be pleased.
    I don't get this appearance purposes thing??

You could tell me I could have the most expensive luxary vehicle and I'd rather have a super loud fast car. I like the loud exhaust, the feel of a responsive pedal.

vCash
    wat

and it's mainly 5.0 giving her shit

but he gives everyone shit so it doesn't really count
    I think it's safe to say we all give each other crap, asshole.

vCash
    out of line DAN...way outta line...
    now...fuck u all.
    i want a rubicon now to drive to mall and work...

vCash
    Get you one of these on 40's

He's got some money in that rig..

vCash
    I am not usually a fan of blue, but these really look great in that color (with the red)

That Mojito is nice, but I think I would tire of it quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINASS View Post
    out of line DAN...way outta line...
    now...fuck u all.
    i want a rubicon now to drive to mall and work...
    Perhaps. I didn't mean for it to sound that harsh. I'm sorry Teri.

I did like the term of "Vehicle Custodian"

vCash
    Get you one of these on 40's

He's got some money in that rig..
    I am curious about the guys running 40's if they're doing it w/ the D44 and if so, how much abuse can it really take. That's a hell of a lot of tire. I'd figure they'd step it up to a 1-ton.

vCash
    Perhaps. I didn't mean for it to sound that harsh. I'm sorry Teri.

I did like the term of "Vehicle Custodian"
    thank you