Results 1 to 55 of 55

Thread: What a Beauty!

  1. #1
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    119,978
    vCash
    15879

    What a Beauty!


  2. #2
    Never cared for the front end of those. Just so damn ugly

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    8,219
    vCash
    500

  4. #4
    Coastal Elite Crew Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wherever I May Roam
    Posts
    95,723
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan View Post
    Never cared for the front end of those. Just so damn ugly
    This. 1970-73 were the nice second gens, everything after that was garbage.

  5. #5
    What the cluck? GldRush98's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Springfield, IL.
    Posts
    52,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    vCash
    3286
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GldRush98 Steam ID: GldRush98
    Beautiful
    I don't care what year Pontiac Fbody it is, I love it
    Last edited by GldRush98; 03-08-2019 at 11:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Newfield NJ
    Posts
    11,006
    vCash
    990
    When they went to square headlights is when I stopped liking the F-body. I do like the 6sp and LS3 swap though. I would have routed the gas line a little better.

  7. #7
    Registered Member mogs01gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    26,189
    vCash
    409
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: mogs01gt
    wow, is that a factory color?

    LMAO it still has leaf springs.
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 03-08-2019 at 11:49 PM.

  8. #8
    this is our year :hs: silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    27,958
    vCash
    5600
    That hood fitment looks like a Blurr restoration special.

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Newfield NJ
    Posts
    11,006
    vCash
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    wow, is that a factory color?

    LMAO it still has leaf springs.
    I don't think it is. And the stock rear to boot. Hope it has upgraded guts to it.
    Last edited by Hunter98TA; 03-09-2019 at 12:21 AM.

  10. #10
    In The Upside Down Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    40,964
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Fuuuuuuuuck!

    Other than the rattle can paint on the undercarriage, that thing is perfect.

  11. #11
    In The Upside Down Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    40,964
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    That hood fitment looks like a Blurr restoration special.
    Or like any new Mopar.

  12. #12
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    119,978
    vCash
    15879
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuck!

    Other than the rattle can paint on the undercarriage, that thing is perfect.
    this but i wont be looking there ....

    i like the color i dont know i always liked those lights better htan the other ones.

  13. #13
    this is our year :hs: silverSS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    27,958
    vCash
    5600
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    Or like any new Mopar.
    Or Mustang.

  14. #14
    the horror . . . the horror EVILFACE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Yukon, OK
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    4000
    Eh, not digging the color, but a nice looking car.

  15. #15
    Registered Member Jeremiah Weed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    11,342
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    Or like any new Mopar.
    Actually any Mopar ever... Having owned a 70 Charger and a 73 Barracuda I can say that...

  16. #16
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    33,639
    vCash
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    That hood fitment looks like a Blurr restoration special.
    this ones too nice to be done by blurr

    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    Or Mustang.
    At least the body panels on this car fit somewhat closely. Better than a mustang.

  17. #17
    Whataburger > * Dr Griswold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    104,081
    vCash
    11525

  18. #18
    If you’ve got the time.... Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    78,761
    vCash
    5670
    Quote Originally Posted by silverSS View Post
    That hood fitment looks like a Blurr restoration special.
    2nd generation F bodys came like that from the factory. I love them, but in reality, they were poorly built cars.

  19. #19
    All cops everywhere suck Det.Rice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Killadelphia
    Posts
    15,366
    vCash
    3530
    Never did like those, but that is pretty awesome

  20. #20
    underdog 4 lyfe ill deuce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    atoka,tennessee
    Posts
    66,274
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    This. 1970-73 were the nice second gens, everything after that was garbage.
    the firebirds stayed nice but the camaro went to shit.

  21. #21
    Go Cowboys!! GOFASTER's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,493
    vCash
    226
    I know I'll catch some heat for this, but I prefer this front end over the front end on the blue one.


  22. #22
    Coastal Elite Crew Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wherever I May Roam
    Posts
    95,723
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by ill deuce View Post
    the firebirds stayed nice but the camaro went to shit.
    No, it's harder to tell on the Trans Ams because the front clip on those was always way over the top, but if you look at the regular Firebirds they went to shit in 1974 just like the Camaros.

  23. #23
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    vCash
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    If it goes for under 40 that isn't a bad deal.

  24. #24
    If you’ve got the time.... Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    78,761
    vCash
    5670
    I always liked the early ‘70’s Firebirds best. But I bought this ‘81 Formula new. I ordered it with all performance options and no frills. It was around $9000 as I recall.


  25. #25
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    119,978
    vCash
    15879
    81 wasnt that a dog year for them?? like moreso than the other dog years?

    my buddy had an 81 camaro way back .....

  26. #26
    If you’ve got the time.... Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    78,761
    vCash
    5670
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    81 wasnt that a dog year for them?? like moreso than the other dog years?

    my buddy had an 81 camaro way back .....
    Yes, lol. But I was 20 and I thought it was awesome.

  27. #27
    IG: eightyfivesquared 70Chevelle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    21,882
    vCash
    1093
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ls1Chevelle
    That engine bay is fucking hideous

  28. #28
    IG: eightyfivesquared 70Chevelle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    21,882
    vCash
    1093
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ls1Chevelle
    Here’s one my friends shop just finished up, original paint car the guy has owned since the 80’s full Detroit speed suspension and a 620hp last with functioning shaker






  29. #29
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by GOFASTER View Post
    I know I'll catch some heat for this, but I prefer this front end over the front end on the blue one.

    Worst frontend ever put on a Firebird.

  30. #30
    Coastal Elite Crew Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wherever I May Roam
    Posts
    95,723
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    81 wasnt that a dog year for them?? like moreso than the other dog years?

    my buddy had an 81 camaro way back .....
    In general, early 80's and computer controlled carbs was the low point for domestic performance.

  31. #31
    In The Upside Down Gearhead SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    40,964
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Chevelle View Post
    Here’s one my friends shop just finished up, original paint car the guy has owned since the 80’s full Detroit speed suspension and a 620hp last with functioning shaker





    I saw that car at Good Guys saturday. It really needs to be painted. It looks pretty crappy in person. Bad ass car but I don't see the point of doing all of that work and not painting it.

  32. #32
    IG: eightyfivesquared 70Chevelle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    21,882
    vCash
    1093
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ls1Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    I saw that car at Good Guys saturday. It really needs to be painted. It looks pretty crappy in person. Bad ass car but I don't see the point of doing all of that work and not painting it.
    You should have seen it a week ago I’m not sure if he plans to paint it or not, seems to be a new trend to do what you can with the factory paint and leave it. I don’t hate it cause I drive my cars.

    I fucking love the 70Chevelle Roadster Shop built, but I would be terrified to drive that thing

  33. #33
    Super Dee Duper Moderator
    98 SNAKE EATER's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jamaica, NYC
    Posts
    18,130
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Worst frontend ever put on a Firebird.
    This!!


    70-73 were the best, then 77-78

    The rest all looked fugly


    I like the look of the OP's car, but the fact that it's not Pontiac powered is pure blasphemy

  34. #34
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
    I like the look of the OP's car, but the fact that it's not Pontiac powered is pure blasphemy
    My brother intends to put his Duramax in his '78

    Hear that Berman?
    Last edited by Tristan; 03-11-2019 at 09:15 PM.

  35. #35
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    33,639
    vCash
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
    This!!


    70-73 were the best, then 77-78

    The rest all looked fugly


    I like the look of the OP's car, but the fact that it's not Pontiac powered is pure blasphemy
    The fact that it’s not Pontiac powered means they actually wanted it to perform well.

  36. #36
    If you’ve got the time.... Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    78,761
    vCash
    5670
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    In general, early 80's and computer controlled carbs was the low point for domestic performance.
    Mine had a quadrajet with a shit-ton of emissions stuff. It was considered a normal condition to have a backfire in the exhaust when cold between shifts. Air pump blowing air into the exhaust would give the unburned fuel some oxygen to light off.

  37. #37
    Coastal Elite Crew Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wherever I May Roam
    Posts
    95,723
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Mine had a quadrajet with a shit-ton of emissions stuff. It was considered a normal condition to have a backfire in the exhaust when cold between shifts. Air pump blowing air into the exhaust would give the unburned fuel some oxygen to light off.
    Back when it was pretty much impossible to even see the engine under all the wires and vacuum hoses.

  38. #38
    Slowest SS in Dee F Dubya JUSTINASS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    15,240
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Worst frontend ever put on a Firebird.
    agreed...parents had a 77 that burned up...
    replaced it with a 80...never cared for it...

  39. #39
    Registered Member Speedfreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    18,806
    vCash
    240
    My all time favorite car.

  40. #40
    :flirt: SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    194,634
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    My brother intends to put his Duramax in his '78

    Hear that Berman?
    Wait what? :Force boner:

  41. #41
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25
    Has a built Duramax in his truck, currently running around 500hp on a low tune, 750hp on the high one. With a compound turbo setup it'll push 1000hp. He plans to put that into his T/A

  42. #42
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    33,639
    vCash
    610
    I want to punch your brother.

  43. #43
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    vCash
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I want to punch your brother.
    in the throat



    repeatedly

  44. #44
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25
    It's already got a Chevy 462 in it. As he said the other day, at least then it would be a 6.6 T/A again.

  45. #45
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    33,639
    vCash
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    It's already got a Chevy 462 in it. As he said the other day, at least then it would be a 6.6 T/A again.
    He wants to do something that berman finds appealing. Think about that for a minute and let it sink in.


    And then go punch your brother at least twice, once for me and at least once for windham. Punch him also in the nuts, as that's where a normal punch from windham would probably end up landing.

  46. #46
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25

  47. #47
    Smart A$$ Level 3 kasim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Bay & AZ
    Posts
    119,978
    vCash
    15879
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    He wants to do something that berman finds appealing. Think about that for a minute and let it sink in.


    And then go punch your brother at least twice, once for me and at least once for windham. Punch him also in the nuts, as that's where a normal punch from windham would probably end up landing.




  48. #48
    Team Hobbit windham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    vCash
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    He wants to do something that berman finds appealing. Think about that for a minute and let it sink in.


    And then go punch your brother at least twice, once for me and at least once for windham. Punch him also in the nuts, as that's where a normal punch from windham would probably end up landing.
    I have no problem with this.

  49. #49
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    33,639
    vCash
    610

  50. #50
    :flirt: SwollHottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    TEXASS
    Posts
    194,634
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Has a built Duramax in his truck, currently running around 500hp on a low tune, 750hp on the high one. With a compound turbo setup it'll push 1000hp. He plans to put that into his T/A
    Your brother sounds way more awesome than you are. Can we trade you for him? Kthxbye.

  51. #51
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25
    You motherfucker

  52. #52
    underdog 4 lyfe ill deuce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    atoka,tennessee
    Posts
    66,274
    vCash
    25
    berman jack session: begin!

  53. #53
    No ragrets Tristan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    83,695
    vCash
    25

  54. #54
    Coastal Elite Crew Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wherever I May Roam
    Posts
    95,723
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by ill deuce View Post
    berman jack session: begin!
    God I hate 1/8 mile tracks.

  55. #55
    What Would Oddjob Do? 5.0THIS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    33,639
    vCash
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    God I hate 1/8 mile tracks.
    Diesel guys don’t though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •