Thread: Which Heads?

Registered Newbie

vCash

Which Heads?

Hi guys, I have a 2006 C6 A6 with 145,000 miles on it. Mods include K&N breather, LG Long Tube Headers, and a Circle D stall converter. I recently swapped my LG G5XB cam for a new LG G5X3 114 cam. I have factory 243 heads that have just had a "competition" valve job performed including new guides, valves, Comp 921 Springs Comp pushrods, and Comp trunnion upgrade. I also had new GM lifters installed and a new LG race chain and a new oil pump I am being offered the opportunity to trade my newly reworked heads and a $1000.00 for a set of new AFR 210cc or 230cc heads, installed. I've been told I might want to avoid the AFR heads due to the high mileage on my bottom end. Looking for some advice and or opinions regarding the swap.

Thanks

RWH

gettin' screwed...

vCash
    That's not a bad deal for a decent set of heads. You couldn't have your 243s ported for that price. The heads will likely pick up a good bit of power with a cam the size of the G5X3. However, I would call and talk to LG about it since they keep that cams specs a secret and I have heard they are close on P2V clearance. If the heads have been decked or have larger valves, you may have an issue.