Thread: Re-pinning E40 J1 connector

Registered Newbie

vCash

Re-pinning E40 J1 connector

I am in the process of tackling someone else's complete screw up. I thought I had it beat, but obviously I was wrong.

Got stuck with an 05 AT corvette where all the pins were pulled and cut off for the j1 connector. I tried to get it close by angle and length of wire when it had multiple of same color, but obviously I got something wrong. So here is my question without running a complete new wiring harness is their anyway I can narrow this down by checking signal at the end of the connector? And if so does someone know what signal should be coming from each one.

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gknoob View Post
    I am in the process of tackling someone else's complete screw up. I thought I had it beat, but obviously I was wrong.

Got stuck with an 05 AT corvette where all the pins were pulled and cut off for the j1 connector. I tried to get it close by angle and length of wire when it had multiple of same color, but obviously I got something wrong. So here is my question without running a complete new wiring harness is their anyway I can narrow this down by checking signal at the end of the connector? And if so does someone know what signal should be coming from each one.

Thanks
    C1 has the pin outs shown in the attached PDF. Each signal and it's source is listed.

Scan.pdf
    Last edited by fitz; 07-07-2017 at 01:09 AM.