Thread: 1993 Toyota Supra 2JZ-GE Hardtop Is Highly Original, $29.8K only has 23K miles

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jayc2009

dollar 1993 Toyota Supra 2JZ-GE Hardtop Is Highly Original, $29.8K only has 23K miles

"Probably the most original 1993 Toyota Supra in existence."

Car looks funny with no rear spoiler, since I can't post pics I found a video and the pics are in link below!! Just wondering is anyone would pay that much for a car that is 22 years old??

With the A80 Supra, Japanese automaker Toyota took a huge leap in the direction of making a high-performance sports car. Because of its go-faster credentials, this generation of the Toyota Supra has been a favorite among the tuning crowd. Not this bone stock example, though.

If you have $29,800 to spare on probably the most original 1993 Toyota Supra in existence, now’s the time to put your money where your mouth is. If anything, an unmolested A80 Supra is like a unicorn in a sea of dead horses. Among the guilty, we blame the first Fast & Furious movie for transforming the Supra into a customization favorite.

But that was then and this is now, so let’s take a little moment and admire this all-original example of a motoring icon. Thanks to the Baltic Blue finish and gray cloth interior upholstery, it doesn’t get more 1990s than this. With the odometer reading 22,965 miles (36,958 kilometers) and all the VIN tags present and matching, there’s not much else you could ask for, is it?

Despite its age, the air conditioning can keep you cool on a hot and humid day. Even the cassette & compact disc player works just fine. But then again, the business end of a Toyota Supra is what’s hiding under its long hood. More specifically, the 3-liter (183 c.i.) 2JZ straight-6 powerhouse and a good old stick shift.

For this particular Supra, Toyota employed a W58 5-speed manual and the atmospheric 2JZ-GE engine. Compared to the turbocharged 2JZ-GTE and its 320 horsepower and 315 lb-ft (427 Nm), the naturally aspirated 2JZ-GE makes do with 220 horsepower and 210 lb-ft (284 Nm). Although not as sought after as the brawler of Fast & Furious fame, the car on hand has been owned by the same man for 22 years.

A Toyota Supra such as this one is hard to source in stock configuration, but one like this is even harder for one particular reason - only 106 hardtop examples were made that year. Take into consideration that the factory spare tire, owner’s manual, and plenty of booklets are also included in the sale, and there you have it - a ‘90s icon that’s worth a closer look and a caring owner to look after it for plenty of decades to come.
    http://www.autoevolution.com/news/19...ry-102058.html

Frank, I - I think I'm a unicorn. TK_05's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TK05
    it held its looks for a while but that car is unmistakably from that era. ask me 5 years ago and i probably say it still looks good for its age but now.... not so much

just never been a huge fan. the car has some nice lines and the interior is interesting but for 30k... lol

vCash
    Lolz... 30 grand for a non turbo supra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TK_05 View Post
    it held its looks for a while but that car is unmistakably from that era. ask me 5 years ago and i probably say it still looks good for its age but now.... not so much

just never been a huge fan. the car has some nice lines and the interior is interesting but for 30k... lol
    This. I like seeing them on the road as they're usually clean & in good condition. My brother's friend has one, it's neat at best.

Ain't my first rodeo Wild Willy's Avatar

vCash
    Amazing in the day, nostalgic for some, but time has moved on.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: mogs01gt
    junk

vCash
    Why does it have leather(or vinyl) rear seats and cloth front?

vCash
    There are far more expensive and lower mileage TURBO models.

vCash
    What I find funny is I own a 97 Lexus SC300 NA-T. My personal opinion, car is sportier, nicer interior, same drivetrain and lighter. Yet the last time I tried to sell my car I had listed at 25K and not even an offer. Mines got 77K original miles and more done to it than I ever care to add the receipts.

vCash
    Double post

All cops everywhere suck Lieutenant Rice's Avatar

vCash
    The lurker emerges

Whataburger > *

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100 View Post
    What I find funny is I own a 97 Lexus SC300 NA-T. My personal opinion, car is sportier, nicer interior, same drivetrain and lighter. Yet the last time I tried to sell my car I had listed at 25K and not even an offer. Mines got 77K original miles and more done to it than I ever care to add the receipts.

great looking car

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    great looking car

Ya...I remember his post when he got it form SW (think that's his name). I love it and those new rims look even better

That SC300 is tits

Whataburger > *

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate's4.6 View Post
    Ya...I remember his post when he got it form SW (think that's his name). I love it and those new rims look even better

That SC300 is tits
    SW has some great rides

elite motorsports out of Austin

vCash
    you can get a clean r32 gtr for thousands less.

vCash
    Damn that sc is hot!. I want but its hard to find a clean one with a 5 speed

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Whoa I missed that part I thought it was a TT model, if it was they would be asking $40K for it..

I remember your car I think you posted pics asking about new wheels, car looks good..

Here is a 1994 TT Supra on ebay for $100K "$99.990K" has 10.5K miles 6 speed and one bid!! Great looking car and in good condition but 6 figures no way..

Item specifics
    Condition: Used VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): JT2JA82J3R0022442
    Year: 1994 Number of Cylinders: 6
    Make: Toyota Transmission: Manual
    Model:
    Supra
    Body Type: Coupe
    Trim: Tan Leather Vehicle Title: Clear
    Engine: 3.0L Twin Turbo I6 Options: Leather Seats, CD Player
    Drive Type: RWD Power Options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
    Mileage: 10,553 Fuel Type: Gas
    Sub Model: Twin Turbo Sport Roof Coupe For Sale By: Dealer
    Exterior Color: Black Disability Equipped: No
    Interior Color: Tan

40 more pictures and video in link..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supra...-/371486723154

vCash
    I know they're collector cars and all but that's just retarded

The best of the best Challenger SRT8's Avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-C View Post
    Whoa I missed that part I thought it was a TT model, if it was they would be asking $40K for it..

I remember your car I think you posted pics asking about new wheels, car looks good..

Here is a 1994 TT Supra on ebay for $100K "$99.990K" has 10.5K miles 6 speed and one bid!! Great looking car and in good condition but 6 figures no way..

Item specifics
    Condition: Used VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): JT2JA82J3R0022442
    Year: 1994 Number of Cylinders: 6
    Make: Toyota Transmission: Manual
    Model:
    Supra
    Body Type: Coupe
    Trim: Tan Leather Vehicle Title: Clear
    Engine: 3.0L Twin Turbo I6 Options: Leather Seats, CD Player
    Drive Type: RWD Power Options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
    Mileage: 10,553 Fuel Type: Gas
    Sub Model: Twin Turbo Sport Roof Coupe For Sale By: Dealer
    Exterior Color: Black Disability Equipped: No
    Interior Color: Tan

40 more pictures and video in link..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supra...-/371486723154
    That is a good looking car and has low mileage but $100 grand no effing way! Didn't they cost around $35 grand new in 1994, that's almost triple the original price!

vCash
    That Lexus looks like a nice car, but I think it's just a matter of someone isn't going to pay 25 grand for an almost 20 year old aftermarket-modified Lexus.

vCash
    That Lexus looks like a nice car, but I think it's just a matter of someone isn't going to pay 25 grand for an almost 20 year old aftermarket-modified Lexus.
    I think his point his he has the exact drive line as the $100k supra (well his is auto). He is looking for $25k while the only difference is the body and interior and the other wants $100k.

Stable Genius

vCash
    Supra really starting to look dated. That Lexus not so much.

This one's for you, Nell cuda6pak's Avatar

vCash
    People fake bid those ebay ads up for big $$$$ all the time to garner interest. The TT Supra is just another one. There's a $100k NSX on there now too IIRC. A salvage one pops up quite frequently at a dealer that gets fake bids and "sold" every few months. There's been a bit of a war going on between the dealer and NSXprime over the car as well

vCash
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I like the new wheels too. It made it more "my" car than SW's. A lot of the high horsepower guys will do 6-speed conversions. It's not difficult. I elected to keep mine automatic but it is fully built to handle around 900 horsepower. There are some really nice SC's rolling around out there, again, we won't ever be able to get close to what we have in them if we were to try and sell.

Shane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger SRT8 View Post
    That is a good looking car and has low mileage but $100 grand no effing way! Didn't they cost around $35 grand new in 1994, that's almost triple the original price!
    40-50k

vCash
    Gamer IDs

I think his point his he has the exact drive line as the $100k supra (well his is auto). He is looking for $25k while the only difference is the body and interior and the other wants $100k.
    He was talking about the 1993 for $30k I posted the $100K Supra after his post but I agree with what you are saying.. The owner of the 94 TT Supra according to his comments thinks it is the lowest mileage 6 speed in the world that is still stock and that is why he is asking that much for it..

It's a clean car but the price is outrageous even if it is stock and has only 11k miles.. For $100K there is so many more vehicles I would choose..

This one's for you, Nell cuda6pak's Avatar

vCash
    Again, nobody is buying it for $100k. Fake bidders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda6pak View Post
    Again, nobody is buying it for $100k. Fake bidders
    Ok...take 100k car out

What does a clean auto supra go for on average? $40-$50k? And they sell like hot cakes. Yet a car with the EXACT same drive line and I agree better interior will sit in the market at $25k

people are paying double the value for body lines only.

Frank, I - I think I'm a unicorn. TK_05's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TK05
    Ok...take 100k car out

What does a clean auto supra go for on average? $40-$50k? And they sell like hot cakes. Yet a car with the EXACT same drive line and I agree better interior will sit in the market at $25k

double? more like 5 times or so. prob get a regular ass sc300 for a couple grand

people are paying all that money for a supra because people be dumb

vCash
    People are paying that much for a Supra because its the car they want, and they know its gonna be worth the same, if not more, when its time to sell.

And what year did the sc300 have a gte and a getrag 6spd?

vCash

Because it doesn't have the man pedal

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Bidding has ended on this item Current bid:US $85,900.00 [ 1 bid ]

Someone bought it for $85.9K WoW!!

vCash
    Ok...take 100k car out

It's kinda like looking at the values of grand nationals and comparing them to a regal t type, the grand nationals are in higher demand and are worth more.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk