Thread: AIR Related Codes: P0410 - P0419

eh......

vCash

Threw a code. P0410

Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction. What the hell is that? I have never threw that before. What is causing that? TIA

Armando.

vCash
    Probably the AIR checkvalve.

E

eh......

vCash
    Originally posted by eboggs_jkvl
    Probably the AIR checkvalve.

E
    Where would that be. I have no idea where to look.

vCash
    Coming off of the manifold is a pipe. You have two of them; one on each manifold. They rise up and then turn toward the firewall. There is a lump in the pipes and then they are connected to rubber hose that goes to the AIR pump. The metal lump is the checkvalve.

E

vCash
    I had to remove that from the computer, kinda took the AIR pump off.

vCash
    I would jus go ahead and take out your AIR system instead of replacing the valve.... Especially if you have headers. Cleans up the engine bay quite a bit ... just have to get the codes deleted

vCash
    Semi-off topic-
    Does the air really help you pass the sniffer test?
    I realize some look for it in visual tests, but is it really needed to clean the emissions up?

vCash
    I think it's only purpose is to reduce start up emissions...

vCash
    thanks

Never Ends....

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC PaiN
    Originally posted by NJones
    I think it's only purpose is to reduce start up emissions...

vCash
    So if i get rid of a.i.r. and still have cats with lts I could probably still pass emissions as long as the motor is up to operating temperature when it is tested?
    tia

vCash

Re: Threw a code. P0410

Originally posted by NBMWSsix
    Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction. What the hell is that? I have never threw that before. What is causing that? TIA

Armando.

I had the same problem, but was throwing 3 more codes related the AIR system...here lemme write out the steps to find out whats causing it:

1. Check the AIR pump fuse. Its either going to be a 20A or 30A fuse under the hood(depending on the year of ur car)...pull it out and if its blown, replace...or it might also be the relays(i doubt it because you are throwing one code)

2. Look at this diagram:

Take off both AIR tubes from your manifolds, and take off the rubber hose connected to the check valves(see pic). When you take everything apart, you should have 3 peices of rubber hoses...make sure they are not clogged. A good way to do this is get an air compressor and blow air. More than likley, its gonna be clogged up near the passenger side check valve, because of the code. If nothing seems clogged, go to step 3.

3. Replace the check valves...they run about $12 each at o'reily...very simple to do.

4. If codes to not clear after doing all that, then it might be a bad AIR pump...you can easily tell if its the pump...to test it out do this: Follow the rubber hose all the way to where it goes down near the fuse box...now jack up your car and take off a few bolts that hold the plastic piece underneath the car...you should be directly under the AIR pump. You will see the pump once you move the plastice piece. Turn on the car and you should IMMEDIATLY hear the air pump blowing air...you can also put your hand near it to see if you feel anything. If its blowing/sucking air, then its good, else its a bad pump(thats how i tested mine). If its the pump, i suggest not wasted money on buying a new one...just go to a perfomance shop that has LS1 EDIT, and they will charge u about $50 to deleted the codes permanently.

5. Now after checking all these steps, go get the codes cleared at Autozone OR drive it around for a bit(i suggest the first method)...if SES still comes on...well..i would just get the codes deleted as mentioned in step 4.

Good luck...any questions u can PM or Instant Message me on my AIM screenname: "damn messycan"

BTW, this should be in Methods/Procedures...since a lot of people seem to get these AIR SES codes. :P

AIR Related Codes:
    DTC P0410 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System
    DTC P0411 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System
    DTC P0412 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Solenoid Relay Control Circuit Bank 1
    DTC P0413 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Open
    DTC P0414 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Shorted
    DTC P0415 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Malfunction
    DTC P0416 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Open
    DTC P0417 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Shorted
    DTC P0418 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit Bank 1
    DTC P0419 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit Bank 2
    Last edited by ELS1; 04-10-2004 at 07:52 AM.

eh......

vCash

Re: Re: Threw a code. P0410

Originally posted by ELS1
    I had the same problem, but was throwing 3 more codes related the AIR system...here lemme write out the steps to find out whats causing it:

1. Check the AIR pump fuse. Its either going to be a 20A or 30A fuse under the hood(depending on the year of ur car)...pull it out and if its blown, replace...or it might also be the relays(i doubt it because you are throwing one code)

2. Look at this diagram:

Take off both AIR tubes from your manifolds, and take off the rubber hose connected to the check valves(see pic). When you take everything apart, you should have 3 peices of rubber hoses...make sure they are not clogged. A good way to do this is get an air compressor and blow air. More than likley, its gonna be clogged up near the passenger side check valve, because of the code. If nothing seems clogged, go to step 3.

3. Replace the check valves...they run about $12 each at o'reily...very simple to do.

4. If codes to not clear after doing all that, then it might be a bad AIR pump...you can easily tell if its the pump...to test it out do this: Follow the rubber hose all the way to where it goes down near the fuse box...now jack up your car and take off a few bolts that hold the plastic piece underneath the car...you should be directly under the AIR pump. You will see the pump once you move the plastice piece. Turn on the car and you should IMMEDIATLY hear the air pump blowing air...you can also put your hand near it to see if you feel anything. If its blowing/sucking air, then its good, else its a bad pump(thats how i tested mine). If its the pump, i suggest not wasted money on buying a new one...just go to a perfomance shop that has LS1 EDIT, and they will charge u about $50 to deleted the codes permanently.

5. Now after checking all these steps, go get the codes cleared at Autozone OR drive it around for a bit(i suggest the first method)...if SES still comes on...well..i would just get the codes deleted as mentioned in step 4.

Good luck...any questions u can PM or Instant Message me on my AIM screenname: "damn messycan"

BTW, this should be in Methods/Procedures...since a lot of people seem to get these AIR SES codes. :P

AIR Related Codes:
    DTC P0410 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System
    DTC P0411 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System
    DTC P0412 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Solenoid Relay Control Circuit Bank 1
    DTC P0413 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Open
    DTC P0414 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Shorted
    DTC P0415 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Malfunction
    DTC P0416 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Open
    DTC P0417 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Shorted
    DTC P0418 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit Bank 1
    DTC P0419 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit Bank 2

I am gonna try this and and I just want to tell you that you are a beautiful man for posting a diagram! I am no longer confused what so ever! THANK YOU!