Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 180 of 313

Thread: Woman slaps daughter, police respond by killing husband

  1. #121
    Registered Member BlackonBlack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,960
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Tom View Post
    aside from the wikipedia listing of some warren court decisions, what details have you provided on the subject that you except someone to take provide detailed account (which you'll only brush aside anyway)?
    lols I didn't wiki, I deal with this stuff on a daily basis. those are the most notable decisions concerning rights of the accused in the 20th century. I guess you'd have to wiki, though...

    I honestly can't understand the second clause of your post.

  2. #122
    Living vicarously through myself
    derf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    32,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Tom View Post
    lets be sure to be polite to people murdering unarmed citizens. no issues being called retard and any other slurs but be sure not to offend an authoritarian goon.
    Here. Let me make it more obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Let's tone down the insulting language. "Pigs" "retarded" and terms like it are unacceptable here got it?
    Now. Let's all do our part to keep this discussion civil, mkay? Thanks.

  3. #123

    eboggs_jkvl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    96,917
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Tom View Post
    lets be sure to be polite to people murdering unarmed citizens. no issues being called retard and any other slurs but be sure not to offend an authoritarian goon.

    I think the term retard was covered in the post prior to mine. I don't like that term either. So all you want. If someone refers to you as a retard, report the fucking post. We'll deal with the reported post if and when it pops up. ALL reported posts are e-mailed to ALL of the folks on the staff.

  4. #124
    Registered Member shuck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    31,146
    vCash
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintberrycrunch View Post
    you refuse to produce ID or tell officers who you are,
    the police may detain you until you can be positively identified

    Thanks for playing. From your own link. Also again if a crime is suspected you do have to prove who you are that means if you have I.d you have to hand it over. Good try sport. You also realize you are the only one fighting this fight. No one bleieves your nonsense.

    A cop can't walk up and say give me your I.d for no reason
    A cop can walk up and say give me your I.d at a domestic dispute
    If you don't have an I.d you can be detained until they know who you are.

    See the difference? Probably not
    Ok since you are not getting this I am going to show you what everyone can already see.......

    I said unless he is driving he doesn't have to show them his ID and then stated he can just give them his name.

    You said no he has to give them his ID

    Obviously that is wrong so now you have changed your story to "you refuse to produce ID or tell officers who you are"

    So you went from "you have to give them your ID" to well you can give them your ID or you have to tell the police your name.......hmm I think someone said that before.....who was it......oh it was me

    Thanks for playing
    Originally posted by WFO_SS
    nah, it's much more amusing to see you pWn yourself repeatedly.
    Originally posted by WFO_SS
    your a genious.
    Originally posted by Immortal
    I dont "nut hug" any car.

  5. #125
    Banned Mintberrycrunch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    dfw!
    Posts
    12,668
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by shuck View Post
    Ok since you are not getting this I am going to show you what everyone can already see.......

    I said unless he is driving he doesn't have to show them his ID and then stated he can just give them his name.

    You said no he has to give them his ID

    Obviously that is wrong so now you have changed your story to "you refuse to produce ID or tell officers who you are"

    So you went from "you have to give them your ID" to well you can give them your ID or you have to tell the police your name.......hmm I think someone said that before.....who was it......oh it was me

    Thanks for playing
    Again if you have id you have to show it or be detained. Saying "no" and ending it there isn't an option. You do realize you have done nothing but show your ignorance of the law right? Again by your very uninformed opinion every person stopped by the police in a crime should be able to escape by using someone elsess name and ssn and the police just have to accept it. That's now how it works but I'm not surprised you have no clue.

    The police in this case are legally allowed to ask for I.d if he says no he is detained end of story. You still havent shown me where this is not policy other than made up nonsense.

  6. #126
    Registered Member hellbound911's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Griffith, IN
    Posts
    14,601
    vCash
    3905
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintberrycrunch View Post
    Again if you have id you have to show it or be detained. Saying "no" and ending it there isn't an option. You do realize you have done nothing but show your ignorance of the law right? Again by your very uninformed opinion every person stopped by the police in a crime should be able to escape by using someone elsess name and ssn and the police just have to accept it. That's now how it works but I'm not surprised you have no clue.

    The police in this case are legally allowed to ask for I.d if he says no he is detained end of story. You still havent shown me where this is not policy other than made up nonsense.
    So detained means pepper sprayed and sat on by 5 people? I'll wait for the video of him being taken down comes out but hard for me to justify 5 guys sitting on someone and not having the common sense to figure out that after being pepper sprayed its hard to breath coupled with being sat on by multiple people could compound the problem.

    I tend to agree that as a whole there are very few police officers to know how to properly deescalate a situation most respond by escalating the situation because that's the only way they know how to respond is with more force.
    "An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today."

  7. #127
    I loled, No reSpect from crAzy Mr. Negative's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Jersey USA
    Posts
    7,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    There's no information on what happened before the shooting. How can you make any judgement at this point?
    What shooting?? Did you even click the link?

  8. #128
    King Puppa DP02SS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    16,646
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Tom View Post
    that's until people start killing to secure their rights once more.
    Do what you got to do but I'm showing ID if stopped and I will also be polite. Has not failed me yet. I do not feel infringed upon either if asked for my ID on a traffic stop.

  9. #129
    Registered Member 94BAMF's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    7,894
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by DP02SS View Post
    Do what you got to do but I'm showing ID if stopped and I will also be polite. Has not failed me yet. I do not feel infringed upon either if asked for my ID on a traffic stop.
    Agreed. I have no problem showing my ID to any police officer for any reason. More important battles to fight..

  10. #130
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Looks like the dude blew a gasket fighting with the cops right after (or during) being cuffed. Really want to see what happened before that.
    What is this victim shaming bullshit? They should all be arrested, tried, and put in jail. Anyone, literally anyone, who did something similar would face these consequences.

  11. #131
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
    Pigs are pork chops, tender loin and bacon. LEOs is a more acceptable term for the police. I might be older than dirt but I PERSONALLY find the use of the term "pigs" in this context to be repulsive and repugnant. I would take it as a personal favor if you were to stop referring to the police as "pigs".

    TIA for you changing posting verbiage for me in this matter.

    Also, this recommendation would apply to anyone else conditioned to using the objectionable term for future posts.

    Elmer
    Respect should be earned and not given freely. None of the men in that video are worthy of respect.

    You know what I find repulsive and repugnant? Five men killing an innocent man, and before any of you say otherwise, he is certainly innocent until proven guilty in this country. You know what else I find repulsive and repugnant? The lack of outrage of this and similar crimes. You know what else I find repulsive and repugnant? The rationalization of this type of brutality.

    Most of you sicken me. It seems like only Rich and a few others have any form of ethics or morality. That reminds me, I also find that repulsive and repugnant.

    P.S. You sound silly when you say the equivalent of, "I find x ugly and ugly." It sounds absurd and I only used your wording to highlight that fact. It doesn't sound smart or poignant.

  12. #132
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    They should all be arrested, tried, and put in jail.
    On what charges? The guy clearly fought with them and once they had him cuffed they got up off of him. For all those blaming the police here for this man dying, what should they have done differently?

  13. #133
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    You know what I find repulsive and repugnant? Five men killing an innocent man, and before any of you say otherwise, he is certainly innocent until proven guilty in this country. You know what else I find repulsive and repugnant? The lack of outrage of this and similar crimes. You know what else I find repulsive and repugnant? The rationalization of this type of brutality.

    Most of you sicken me. It seems like only Rich and a few others have any form of ethics or morality. That reminds me, I also find that repulsive and repugnant.
    I guess in your world they should have just let the guy fight them and do nothing to arrest him or restrain him. Brilliant logic there.

  14. #134
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    I guess in your world they should have just let the guy fight them and do nothing to arrest him or restrain him. Brilliant logic there.
    I don't respond to people attacking strawmen. Learn how to form an argument without logical fallacies and we can have a conversation.

  15. #135
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    On what charges? The guy clearly fought with them and once they had him cuffed they got up off of him. For all those blaming the police here for this man dying, what should they have done differently?
    Negligent homicide is an easy one.

  16. #136
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    I don't respond to people attacking strawmen. Learn how to form an argument without logical fallacies and we can have a conversation.
    What we saw in the video is standard police procedure across the entire country. I'm interested to hear what charges they should be brought up on and what you think they should have done differently. From your post above, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

  17. #137
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    Negligent homicide is an easy one.
    And how did this guy die again?

  18. #138
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    What we saw in the video is standard police procedure across the entire country. I'm interested to hear what charges they should be brought up on and what you think they should have done differently. From your post above, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.
    For the sake of argument, let's say this ridiculous display of negligence is standard practice. All that means is that the procedure needs to be reevaluated. It's funny how people with working critical thinking skills find this abhorrent.

  19. #139
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    For the sake of argument, let's say this ridiculous display of negligence is standard practice. All that means is that the procedure needs to be reevaluated. It's funny how people with working critical thinking skills find this abhorrent.
    It's a "ridiculous display of negligence" to try and contain a large man who is fighting police by ganging up and him and holding him on the ground until handcuffed? Critical thinking skills not found.

    You don't even know how this man died and have already found the police guilty. Again, critical thinking skills not found.

  20. #140
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    I'm still waiting to hear what the police should have done different to try and arrest this man.

  21. #141
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    It's ridiculous to try and contain a large man who is fighting police by ganging up and him and holding him on the ground until handcuffed? Critical thinking skills not found.

    You don't even know how this man died and have already found the police guilty. Again, critical thinking skills not found.
    That video has all the proof I need. Cops need to be punished severely for this kind of thing.

    1. It's a violation of their oath.
    2. It's an abuse of the constitution.
    3. It's an abuse of the power entrusted to them by the people.
    4. It's a violation of the public trust.

    All other professional careers are punished more severely for mistakes than the average person because they have the public's trust, and have the education to know better. Doctors, lawyers, and engineers are held to incredibly strict standards. The bar should be at least as high for officers.

  22. #142
    You must have to have it Dr.Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    40,512
    vCash
    500
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: fighterhayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear what the police should have done different to try and arrest this man.
    Another logical fallacy. Keep on trying. Form an actual argument, and we can discuss it. Your failure amuses me though.

  23. #143
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    That video has all the proof I need. Cops need to be punished severely for this kind of thing.

    1. It's a violation of their oath.
    2. It's an abuse of the constitution.
    3. It's an abuse of the power entrusted to them by the people.
    4. It's a violation of the public trust.

    All other professional careers are punished more severely for mistakes than the average person because they have the public's trust, and have the education to know better. Doctors, lawyers, and engineers are held to incredibly strict standards. The bar should be at least as high for officers.
    So basically you're relying strictly on emotion and not facts.

  24. #144
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    Another logical fallacy. Keep on trying. Form an actual argument, and we can discuss it. Your failure amuses me though.
    It's a simple question that you have skirted over and over and I'm beginning to see why. Your emotions are clouding your critical thinking skills.

    You think the way they handled it should land them in jail.

    What would be the proper way to handle this in your mind?

  25. #145
    Registered Member 94BAMF's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    7,894
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    On what charges? The guy clearly fought with them and once they had him cuffed they got up off of him. For all those blaming the police here for this man dying, what should they have done differently?
    Obviously when the guy refused to give his ID and started arguing/fighting with them, they should have got back in their police cars and drove to the closest donut shop and waited for the guy to cool off or leave. Surely they could have found a local stray dog to shoot and kill while they waited for the guy to cool off.

  26. #146
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by 94BAMF View Post
    Obviously when the guy refused to give his ID and started arguing/fighting with them, they should have got back in their police cars and drove to the closest donut shop and waited for the guy to cool off or leave. Surely they could have found a local stray dog to shoot and kill while they waited for the guy to cool off.
    Lulz.

    It's funny, had this same video been posted but nothing had happen to the big guy but a night in jail, everyone here would have been praising police for the way they handled this. They didn't beat him with night sticks, they didn't tase him, they didn't shoot him, they didn't slam his head into the concrete or kick him over and over.

    They sprayed him, wrestled him to the ground, handcuffed him and got off.

    But instead, we have people already wanting jail for the LEO's before we even know how the guy died.

    Critical thinking skills my ass.

  27. #147
    Ain't nobody chasin' me boy.
    Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64,458
    vCash
    1090
    Critical thinkers willing to pass judgement without all the facts aren't anything close to being critical thinkers.

  28. #148
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    On what charges? The guy clearly fought with them and once they had him cuffed they got up off of him. For all those blaming the police here for this man dying, what should they have done differently?
    Is there some video that shows him "fighting" with them that hasn't been posted? Because the longer video that Magic posted still starts with him face down on the ground and the cops on top of him, it doesn't start from the beginning.

  29. #149
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Critical thinkers willing to pass judgement without all the facts aren't anything close to being critical thinkers.
    Like when you went off about him hitting his wife at the beginning of the thread?

  30. #150
    Ain't nobody chasin' me boy.
    Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64,458
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    Like when you went off about him hitting his wife at the beginning of the thread?
    I was theorizing and made it clear that it is impossible to come to any conclusions with the facts at hand.

  31. #151
    Ain't nobody chasin' me boy.
    Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64,458
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    Is there some video that shows him "fighting" with them that hasn't been posted? Because the longer video that Magic posted still starts with him face down on the ground and the cops on top of him, it doesn't start from the beginning.
    Standard operating procedure. It's odd that the damning evidence never makes the first cut, don't you think?

  32. #152
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Standard operating procedure. It's odd that the damning evidence never makes the first cut, don't you think?
    I don't doubt that the guy got argumentative with them, as reported. I also don't have a real issue with them detaining him. I have a problem with having 5 cops on top of someone, especially after he has been pepper sprayed. This isn't the first time someone has been suffocated by having a bunch of overweight cops sitting on top of them for an excessive period of time.

  33. #153
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    Is there some video that shows him "fighting" with them that hasn't been posted? Because the longer video that Magic posted still starts with him face down on the ground and the cops on top of him, it doesn't start from the beginning.
    No video that I have seen so far. I'm basing it off of what the police have said, the way the police were acting when we first saw them on video and also how even one of the officers was bleeding from the mouth. It's pretty clear he wasn't being cooperative.

  34. #154
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    I don't doubt that the guy got argumentative with them, as reported. I also don't have a real issue with them detaining him. I have a problem with having 5 cops on top of someone, especially after he has been pepper sprayed. This isn't the first time someone has been suffocated by having a bunch of overweight cops sitting on top of them for an excessive period of time.
    They got off of him as soon as they were able to get him handcuffed. What in your opinion should they have done different here?

  35. #155
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    No video that I have seen so far. I'm basing it off of what the police have said, the way the police were acting when we first saw them on video and also how even one of the officers was bleeding from the mouth. It's pretty clear he wasn't being cooperative.
    The police likely approached the situation as if they were dealing with an active wifebeater when they actually weren't. And we all know how quickly the police will escalate situations such as these when someone fails to respect their athoritah, by for example not immediately producing an ID when asked.

  36. #156
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    They got off of him as soon as they were able to get him handcuffed. What in your opinion should they have done different here?
    It shouldn't take 5 cops on top of someone to get them cuffed. Especially an old fat out of shape guy who clearly isn't some killer trying to fight for his life.

  37. #157
    Ain't nobody chasin' me boy.
    Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64,458
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    I don't doubt that the guy got argumentative with them, as reported. I also don't have a real issue with them detaining him. I have a problem with having 5 cops on top of someone, especially after he has been pepper sprayed. This isn't the first time someone has been suffocated by having a bunch of overweight cops sitting on top of them for an excessive period of time.
    Some guys need 5 cops to hold them down while they're getting cuffed.

    Again, I'll give the cops the benefit of the doubt for now and wait for the whole story. If they slammed this guy to the ground for no good reason and sat on him, I'll be the first to say they were at fault for his death.

  38. #158
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    The police likely approached the situation as if they were dealing with an active wifebeater when they actually weren't. And we all know how quickly the police will escalate situations such as these when someone fails to respect their athoritah, by for example not immediately producing an ID when asked.
    They very well could have, not really sure how that changes anything I have said though.

  39. #159
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    It shouldn't take 5 cops on top of someone to get them cuffed. Especially an old fat out of shape guy who clearly isn't some killer trying to fight for his life.
    You had what looks to be 2 actual officers, "on top" of the man. The others were holding his head and legs in support. Also, how do you even know how many it should take when you have no idea how he was acting?

  40. #160
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Some guys need 5 cops to hold them down while they're getting cuffed.

    Again, I'll give the cops the benefit of the doubt for now and wait for the whole story. If they slammed this guy to the ground for no good reason and sat on him, I'll be the first to say they were at fault for his death.
    Hell, sometimes even 5 isn't enough. And yup if more evidence comes out that the police acted improper, I'll be the second to say they were at fault. All the evidence right now though says they handled this the correct way.

  41. #161
    Ain't nobody chasin' me boy.
    Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64,458
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    The police likely approached the situation as if they were dealing with an active wifebeater when they actually weren't. And we all know how quickly the police will escalate situations such as these when someone fails to respect their athoritah, by for example not immediately producing an ID when asked.
    If you're in a family domestic fight bad enough for the cops to be called, they roll up on your scene, would you acquiesce to being cuffed as a precaution or fight them?

  42. #162
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    You had what looks to be 2 actual officers, "on top" of the man. The others were holding his head and legs in support. Also, how do you even know how many it should take when you have no idea how he was acting?
    He didn't appear to be actively fighting in the video clip posted, although that left out a good portion of the incident. Hopefully there is good dashcam footage that gets made available before an unfortunate equipment malfunction occurs.

  43. #163
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    He didn't appear to be actively fighting in the video clip posted, although that left out a good portion of the incident. Hopefully there is good dashcam footage that gets made available before an unfortunate equipment malfunction occurs.
    Why are you so hell bent on blaming the police for this mans death when so far there are zero facts in support of them doing something wrong?

  44. #164
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    If you're in a family domestic fight bad enough for the cops to be called, they roll up on your scene, would you acquiesce to being cuffed as a precaution or fight them?
    I've never been in that situation, so I have no idea how I'd react. And let's be clear here - the woman got into a verbal argument with her daughter and then slapped her in the face. That's it. It wasn't a "fight bad enough".

    I guess what pisses me off is how the cops make assumptions about who is at fault with zero facts. Like if a white guy robs a black guy, the black guy calls the cops, they show up and immediately want to put the black guy in handcuffs while they get the story from the white guy. Same here except replace white guy with woman and black guy with man. He's automatically at fault even though he was just walking down the lot minding his own business not breaking any laws, it's BS.

  45. #165
    Omniscient Rich_S's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    63,278
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    Why are you so hell bent on blaming the police for this mans death when so far there are zero facts in support of them doing something wrong?
    You're right, he probably would have dropped dead of a heart attack later that day had this incident not occurred.

    If one of those 5 cops dropped dead of a heart attack during the incident and the guy being cuffed survived, you can bet your ass he'd be facing charges in the officer's death. Even without all of the facts being in.

  46. #166
    Ain't nobody chasin' me boy.
    Jack Daniels's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64,458
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    I've never been in that situation, so I have no idea how I'd react. And let's be clear here - the woman got into a verbal argument with her daughter and then slapped her in the face. That's it. It wasn't a "fight bad enough".

    I guess what pisses me off is how the cops make assumptions about who is at fault with zero facts. Like if a white guy robs a black guy, the black guy calls the cops, they show up and immediately want to put the black guy in handcuffs while they get the story from the white guy. Same here except replace white guy with woman and black guy with man. He's automatically at fault even though he was just walking down the lot minding his own business not breaking any laws, it's BS.
    It was bad enough and apparently went on long enough for someone to call the cops and them to have time to arrive on scene.

    They're just going with the odds. A man is a hell of a lot more of a risk than a woman. And domestic disputes are dangerous as F. A man could beat his wife, she calls the cops, they arrive arrest him and she goes off at the cops for doing so. Happens all the time.
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; 02-27-2014 at 06:27 PM.

  47. #167
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    You're right, he probably would have dropped dead of a heart attack later that day had this incident not occurred.

    If one of those 5 cops dropped dead of a heart attack during the incident and the guy being cuffed survived, you can bet your ass he'd be facing charges in the officer's death. Even without all of the facts being in.
    Do you have an example of a person being convicted of manslaughter or murder when the LEO they are struggling with dies of a heart attack?
    Last edited by g6t6o; 02-27-2014 at 06:40 PM.

  48. #168
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    It was bad enough and apparently went on long enough for someone to call the cops and them to have time to arrive on scene.

    They're just going with the odds. A man is a hell of a lot more of a risk than a woman. And domestic disputes are dangerous as F. A man could beat his wife, call the cops, they arrive arrest him and she goes off at the cops for doing so. Happens all the time.
    The cops were already in the area for another call, from what I read someone came up to them and said there is some domestic violence going on outside. They went outside to see the man chasing after his wife. I don't see the problem with them stopping him.

  49. #169
    Banned Mintberrycrunch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    dfw!
    Posts
    12,668
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    You're right, he probably would have dropped dead of a heart attack later that day had this incident not occurred.

    If one of those 5 cops dropped dead of a heart attack during the incident and the guy being cuffed survived, you can bet your ass he'd be facing charges in the officer's death. Even without all of the facts being in.
    You have nothing to base that on. Did the guy get charged in the no knock warrant for shooting the cop? You do realize we have attorneys in this world that would argue for that man and I could not wee a jury convicting him based on an out of shape cop.

  50. #170
    Banned Mintberrycrunch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    dfw!
    Posts
    12,668
    vCash
    25
    I like how people are experts on what the cops should have done when the wife pulled out her cellphone half way into the incident.

  51. #171
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintberrycrunch View Post
    I like how people are experts on what the cops should have done when the wife pulled out her cellphone half way into the incident.


    You have some wanting the LEO's put in jail based on that video alone. It's ridiculous.

  52. #172
    Registered Member BlackonBlack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,960
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    You know what I find repulsive and repugnant? Five men killing an innocent man, and before any of you say otherwise, he is certainly innocent until proven guilty in this country. .
    how in the fuck can you in the same breath accept the principle of innocent until proven guilty and make a factual finding of homicide by five individuals based off of an online video and article? are you a medical examiner who has access to the deceased medical records? did you see the events that led up to the video? how have you established cause of death? what degree of homicide occurred according to your analysis?

  53. #173
    Registered Member BlackonBlack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,960
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    Negligent homicide is an easy one.

  54. #174
    Registered Member BlackonBlack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,960
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    It shouldn't take 5 cops on top of someone to get them cuffed. Especially an old fat out of shape guy who clearly isn't some killer trying to fight for his life.
    the objective of the cops there is not to see the minimum number of cops it takes to subdue him. the objective is to subdue him as quick and effectively as possible while conducting themselves lawfully.

  55. #175
    Go Red Devils! SteelersRule's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    highway to the danger zone
    Posts
    41,155
    vCash
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintberrycrunch View Post
    Again if you have id you have to show it or be detained. Saying "no" and ending it there isn't an option. You do realize you have done nothing but show your ignorance of the law right? Again by your very uninformed opinion every person stopped by the police in a crime should be able to escape by using someone elsess name and ssn and the police just have to accept it. That's now how it works but I'm not surprised you have no clue.

    The police in this case are legally allowed to ask for I.d if he says no he is detained end of story. You still havent shown me where this is not policy other than made up nonsense.
    you're not required to show your ID if you're not operating a vehicle, period. ...and, you cannot be detained for doing so either unless you're placed under arrest.
    This is America the last time I checked.
    Liberal...as defined by Webster's
    1) generous 2) ample, abundant 3) not literal or strict 4) tolerant; broad-minded 5) favoring reform or progress - one who favors reform or progress

  56. #176
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersRule View Post
    you're not required to show your ID if you're not operating a vehicle, period. ...and, you cannot be detained for doing so either unless you're placed under arrest.
    This is America the last time I checked.
    You are absolutely required to ID yourself if police ask and they have reasonable suspicion you have committed a crime. Whether it's by physically showing an ID or giving them your info, doesn't make a difference.

    Also, you can absolutely be detained if you refuse to ID yourself while they figure it out.

  57. #177
    Powertrippin' g6t6o's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,164
    vCash
    25
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fiscopath
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackonBlack View Post
    how in the fuck can you in the same breath accept the principle of innocent until proven guilty and make a factual finding of homicide by five individuals based off of an online video and article? are you a medical examiner who has access to the deceased medical records? did you see the events that led up to the video? how have you established cause of death? what degree of homicide occurred according to your analysis?
    It's called using your "critical thinking skills". Duh.

  58. #178
    Banned Mintberrycrunch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    dfw!
    Posts
    12,668
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersRule View Post
    you're not required to show your ID if you're not operating a vehicle, period. ...and, you cannot be detained for doing so either unless you're placed under arrest.
    This is America the last time I checked.
    Some of you are going to have a serious issue next time you are near a crime scene. Your ignorance of law and spreading misinformation is why so.many young kids get in more trouble than they should.

    Times you do have to present I.d or be detained until they can prove you identity.
    -any time criminal activity is suspected.

    Look it up,learn your rights, don't spread false information.

  59. #179

    eboggs_jkvl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    96,917
    vCash
    2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mario View Post
    Respect should be earned and not given freely. None of the men in that video are worthy of respect.

    You know what I find repulsive and repugnant? Five men killing an innocent man, and before any of you say otherwise, he is certainly innocent until proven guilty in this country. You know what else I find repulsive and repugnant? The lack of outrage of this and similar crimes. You know what else I find repulsive and repugnant? The rationalization of this type of brutality.

    Most of you sicken me. It seems like only Rich and a few others have any form of ethics or morality. That reminds me, I also find that repulsive and repugnant.

    P.S. You sound silly when you say the equivalent of, "I find x ugly and ugly." It sounds absurd and I only used your wording to highlight that fact. It doesn't sound smart or poignant.
    PS. I might not sound smart or poignant like you but you sure as hell understand my position. My command of the English language allows me to express my ideas and positions quite clearly. What part didn't you understand? I'll use simpler words if needed.

    Also, I respect everyone unless I find my respect to be PROVEN unwarranted. Thus, none of the officers in the clip showed any reason for me to not respect them. You, on the other hand, seem to have a different approach to respect than I do.

  60. #180
    Banned Mintberrycrunch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    dfw!
    Posts
    12,668
    vCash
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
    You are absolutely required to ID yourself if police ask and they have reasonable suspicion you have committed a crime. Whether it's by physically showing an ID or giving them your info, doesn't make a difference.

    Also, you can absolutely be detained if you refuse to ID yourself while they figure it out.
    My main concern for people that keep thinking they shouldn't have to be identified when a crime is suspected is how would anyone be caught ever.

    Cop- do you have id?
    Joe- no I do not
    Cop- well there is a domestic dispute I need to identify you
    Joe- Joe blow don 1-3-58 ssn blah blha
    Cop- well the Joe blow you just gave me is not coming up as a blue eyed blonde hair and a midget but cool you couldn't possibly be using someone else's information to trick me. Byehbye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •