Thread: 1997 chevy truck 6.0 + 4L80E + P1SC swap

vCash

1997 chevy truck 6.0 + 4L80E + P1SC swap

got a 2002 6.0 and tranny from a 2500 put a EPP cam in it from Brutespeed. also reusing my procharger from my current setup been working on this since january but finally got everything i need and the time to start working on it.

the motor when i got it

torn down and putting it back together with some ARH headstuds and Cam

stock heads with new springs and pushrods

pinning the crank

Circle D flextplate and 3200 Stall

brackets all mocked up for the Procharger!

$100 bucks worth of fuel line adapters to reuse my stock lines

started tearing it all apart today!

vCash
    got the 5.7 out and got the 6.0 hanging in there till tomorrow when i can get a friend to help me wrestle it in there.

vCash
    ITS IN!!!!

i had a few small hickups, when i was removing the old wiring i cut 2 pink wires i needed by accident and somehow i cut the harness to the fuel pump and didnt realize it. took me a little while to sort that out. the dirty dingo mounts worked great although i had a hell of a time getting the bolts lined up the the frame mounts but with 2 pry bars and 2 250 lb guys pushing on it we got them in lol. luckily my cross member had multiple holes in the frame to bolt to, although for some reason there is 1 on 1 side and 2 on the other, i reckon 3 will be fine to hold the tranny up.

i got the throttle and cruise cables hooked up but had to bend the bracket fowards about 3/4 of an inch or so to get the tbody to close all the way still may have to bend it a little more

i got it all wired up and was playing with the ignition doing a self check and noticed my fuel rail was leaking on the passenger side, i need to get a new o-ring i guess even though the one i pulled out didnt look to bad it was still bubbeling out of the connetion.

also a big bummer i had was if you look at the ABS box its right in the damn way of the supercharger bolting in, so i ordered a brake proportioning valve from summit and i'm going to get rid of the ABS. and hopefully have no more issues with the supercharger fit. guess i'll find out when the prop valve gets here lol.

got the headers in had to do a little grinding on the A arm mount to let the headers pull up to the block due to the header studs i put in.

vCash
    got the Nelson harness in today and got most of it hooked up gotta call tomorrow and get a few questions answer as to where the relayed connections go but other then that it all hooked up nicely!

he even had the right IAT sensor connector lol and it was an aftermarket piece i got online. the quality is really nice.

vCash

gettin' screwed...

vCash
    Looks like you still have some wiring to sort out to get all your gauges working. Great project/build though! I have a buddy back home in MS that is doing a LS7/4l80 swap in his 92.