Thread: Borg Warner S410 turbo?

Registered Newbie

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Slippi_84

Borg Warner S410 turbo?

Anyone know any details on this thing? I know a place that has them for cheap but I have a LSX 454 and I know I need a BIG turbo that will not choke the motor up top. All I know so far is that is has a 5" inlet and 3" outlet with a funny looking t6 hotside on it with 1.0 AR. It's compressor wheel is billet and it has an anti surge compressor housing too. All in all it LOOKS big enough but what really matters is the blades size. They use them on Frieghtliner MBE400 diesel trucks. Part number is A0100960199. It's a upgrade for the OE unit.
    Last edited by slippi84; 04-11-2012 at 03:07 AM.

gettin' screwed...

vCash
    Being that turbo is spec'ed for a 12.8L diesel, it is hardly ideal for a high revving 7.4L gas motor in regards to both airflow characteristics and packaging. But will it 'choke' your 454, probably not. However, I would consider going a different route with a turbo more suited to your application. You've spend good money on that motor, I would hate to see a hack-job turbo system on it.

Registered Newbie

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Slippi_84
    Yeah I got specs on the turbo it's only a 66mm inducer with 93mm exducer compressor side and 87mm inducer and 77mm exducer on the hotside so the exhaust side is good but I would like something more like a 83mm inducer compressor wheel. No biggie the S400's ebay are cheap no point cutting corners when they're that cheap.