Thread: Hi From Auz !! 06 HSV Maloo

vCash

Hi From Auz !! 06 HSV Maloo

Hi Guys,
    I have just joined the forum and all I can say is thanks for the wealth of knowledge about the LS2 !! I would like to share some photos of my 06 HSV Maloo. At this stage the LS2 has been up graded with a 228/234 comp cam, double row timing chain and gears, OTR, Full X-Force exhaust in stainless 1 3/4" Headers, 732cfm cats and dual exit 3" exhaust. After a few runs it had made 313KW (419.7hp ATW). The video is the first run after the cam was installed for a rough tune.

DSCF1524.jpg

DSCF1527.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1531.jpg

DSCF1533.jpg

vCash
    Aw crap! More of those "Translate the numbers into RWHP" things! I'm gonna get Paul, HSV-GTS-300 in here to translate that roo number stuff!

I will give you props for RWD! Also, It sounded excellent at the dump! I'm gonna guess more than 4 cylinders? Right?

What is the name of the color?

Elmer

vCash
    I thought I did well putting the rear hp in brackets for non metric people lol !! The color is Turismo which is kind of a pastel blue with silver metallic pearl ( factory Holden color) which is a bitch to color match for stone chips and scratches, but looks shit hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TurismoVZ View Post
    I thought I did well putting the rear hp in brackets for non metric people lol !! The color is Turismo which is kind of a pastel blue with silver metallic pearl ( factory Holden color) which is a bitch to color match for stone chips and scratches, but looks shit hot.

Aack! Missed that! 419 RWHP is just dandy! Ok, good job. Paul can stay asleep down there for a bit.

That's the reason I asked. Chips and repairs look like a painter's nightmare to match!

vCash
    It's 2:30 AM down there! Why aren't you sleeping?

Marsupial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
    Aw crap! More of those "Translate the numbers into RWHP" things! I'm gonna get Paul, HSV-GTS-300 in here to translate that roo number stuff!
    kw x 4 and divide by 3.....gets you close enough to HP for a mental calculation.

In reality there's an un-explained 40 rwhp difference between same engine & powertrain and same brand of dyno (USAvAus).
    eg: Here we get a totally stock LS2 6 speed manual in a VZ HSV factory rated at 297kW (400hp) and it will give 225rwkW (300rwhp) day in and day out.
    Same car and powertrain from the same Holden factory except with Pontiac GTO badges on it & on the same brand of dyno in USA will give 340rwhp day in and day out.
    Same thing happens with cam upgrades, like for like, there's always 40hp difference between countries.

So I do the kW x 4 and divide by 3......then add 40rwhp to do a more real world comparison.
    So bloke above...mathematically has 420rwhp, but if he boated the car to USA and put it on the same brand of dyno there you'd expect to see 460rwhp.
    It's got to be something in the way the dynos are calibrated or set-up which varies between USA and Aus. It's always been that way.

vCash
    "It's 2:30 AM down there! Why aren't you sleeping? "

Bored dowining a bottle of JD watching the first season of walking dead on telly.

"So I do the kW x 4 and divide by 3......then add 40rwhp to do a more real world comparison.
    So bloke above...mathematically has 420rwhp, but if he boated the car to USA and put it on the same brand of dyno there you'd expect to see 460rwhp."

haa ha I like the sound of 460rwhp !!

vCash
    Naw, we only allow you guys to use 7 cylinders down there. PETA's trying to save the roos from being wiped out.

If you want the big numbers, get blown. Getting big numbers NA makes the engine shake and the gas mileage to go to shit with lots of power parts sticking out of the engine bay. SC or turbo and you can't stop grinnin!

Elmer

vCash
    Haa haa Roo's breed like rabbits, there is more of them than you can shake a stick at !! What would be the differences between the dyno's from the southern hemisphere compared to the north to show such different figures ?

Marsupial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TurismoVZ View Post
    What would be the differences between the dyno's from the southern hemisphere compared to the north to show such different figures ?
    I've never seen it explained anywhere.
    You'll find enough guys with LS2 GTO's claiming totally stock they got 340rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics in USA to question why a totally stock VZ LS2 gets 300rwhp here on the same brand of dyno.

From post #6
    "It's got to be something in the way the dynos are calibrated or set-up which varies between USA and Aus. It's always been that way."

vCash
    Paul, you don think the Yanks are exaggerating do you ??
    Last edited by ozhawk; 04-13-2012 at 10:42 AM.

R.I.P. Dad - My Hero

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ws6wes
    Quote Originally Posted by ozhawk View Post
    Just get used to it... we make more power than you do!

The Battery King of South Georgia SIK02SS's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SIK02SS
    Quote Originally Posted by ozhawk View Post

it's only natural to be robbed power in a country built by thiefs and crooks

The Battery King of South Georgia SIK02SS's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SIK02SS
    and i like that blue...interesting color

J$ + M$ + W$ + B$ = The $'s

vCash
    Dynos should be used to measure net power increases from mods, not the exact power at the wheels. True performance can only be measured at the track.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SIK02SS View Post

it's only natural to be robbed power in a country built by thiefs and crooks
    Go back to your batteries young man