Thread: C6 vette, flood, new BCM

Registered Newbie

vCash

C6 vette, flood, new BCM

Hey all,

We have a flood damaged 2005 C6. BCM was fried, so got another (used) unit. Plugged it in, everythign works, but of course no start (VATS, etc). We can get the engine to start by jumping the crank relay ... engine starts, runs for 5 sec, then dies. Again, assuming it's VATS, etc.

Car will be a race car ... with that in mind, some questions:

- Can the stock dash work without the BCM? All I want is the speedo, rpm, and oil/temp gauges to work. Can the PCM drive these inputs directly, or does the data come from the BCM? I don't mind rewiring to do this.
    - Need to disable steering lock and all that BS ... can I just unbolt it and throw it away? Will the car start if VATS is removed from PCM?
    - Can ABS function with the BCM?
    - Can dealer re-program BCM to the car, and does he need the car (or can they "bench" flash the BCM) ... car is in pieces, so bringing it to the dealer will be annoying.

Reason I'm asking about the BCM removal is that it's from an auto (car is 6mt). The BCM works to control the various electronics in the car (doors, lights, dash, etc) ... all that works, turns on power, etc. But won't let the car start obviously. Once VATS is removed using HP tuners, will the start button work, or will I need to wire in a start button? Will the BCM limit the engine in any way if stuff like TPMS, column lock, or other crap does not work (or is removed)?

Thanks for any help! basically, the end goal is a running car with functional dash, ABS, lights, and wipers. Everything else is optional.

Registered Newbie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8legsRacing View Post
    Hey all, We have a flood damaged 2005 C6. BCM was fried, so got another (used) unit. Plugged it in, everythign works, but of course no start (VATS, etc). We can get the engine to start by jumping the crank relay ... engine starts, runs for 5 sec, then dies. Again, assuming it's VATS, etc. Car will be a race car ... with that in mind, some questions: - Can the stock dash work without the BCM? All I want is the speedo, rpm, and oil/temp gauges to work. Can the PCM drive these inputs directly, or does the data come from the BCM? I don't mind rewiring to do this. - Need to disable steering lock and all that BS ... can I just unbolt it and throw it away? Will the car start if VATS is removed from PCM? - Can ABS function with the BCM? - Can dealer re-program BCM to the car, and does he need the car (or can they "bench" flash the BCM) ... car is in pieces, so bringing it to the dealer will be annoying. Reason I'm asking about the BCM removal is that it's from an auto (car is 6mt). The BCM works to control the various electronics in the car (doors, lights, dash, etc) ... all that works, turns on power, etc. But won't let the car start obviously. Once VATS is removed using HP tuners, will the start button work, or will I need to wire in a start button? Will the BCM limit the engine in any way if stuff like TPMS, column lock, or other crap does not work (or is removed)? Thanks for any help! basically, the end goal is a running car with functional dash, ABS, lights, and wipers. Everything else is optional.
    I have a 07 vet flood as well.I bought a bcm and ecu and got the "no key fob detected" on the new cluster but that was it..i took most of the car apart but was wanting to hear the engine run, is there way of doing that how do you jump the crank relay to start it?