Thread: Hack for new Denali/Escalade...playing DVD's on dashboard screen while driving?

Waiting for the point by. Snorman's Avatar

vCash

Question Hack for new Denali/Escalade...playing DVD's on dashboard screen while driving?

I know with some of the MB's, there are "hacks" that goes do to enable the COMAND display to play DVD's.
    With the Denali, when a DVD is playing, and the truck is in park, it plays on both the dashboard and ceiling mount screens. When you put it in Drive, the DVD no longer plays on the dashboard screen.
    Any way around this...'cause...you know...watching Steel Magnolias on the way to the airport would be pretty cool.
    S.
    '14 Corvette Z51, CRT...'13 GT500, solid black...'14 991 911 Turbo, dark blue metallic...'13 GT-R...blue Premium...'03 Cobra, 3.4 Whipple...'91 LX, single turbo 'notch...'10 SHO, red...

vCash
    There has to be a hack. If you find it let me know so I can do it on my Escalade. There is a hack for my M35 where you can fool the car into thinking it's in Park with the parking brake set. You tap into a wire behind the glove box and put a switch in it. I am surprised this hasn't been discussed or figured out before.