Thread: Who is spraying below 3000rpm?

Telling it how it is..... red metal's Avatar

vCash

Post Who is spraying below 3000rpm?

Mostly curious about the M6 guys on stock 10bolts.... but all others, A4's ect..., put your thoughts and experiences on the table

So far the lowest I have sprayed is 2600 using my progressive controller. I run a stock 10bolt with 3.90's running on Nitto DR's so I slip the clutch out of the hole and roll out then the nitrous starts to kick in.

This weekend I plan to bring it on around 2400 at X% and full on by 3400. I will be running a 125(flywheel) shot....... dry is the key

2006 GTO

vCash
    Red metal - What type progressive controller are you using? Where did you get it? Would you recommend it?

Frank

vCash
    FJO mini controller

I will pm you who I got it from, he is not a sponser on this board

I would recommend it, it is so easy to work with. The soft ware is great, with graph's ect...and you can pick one up for a touch of $200 bucks

Super Moderator

vCash
    My on pill is 3600.

Most of the time traction is my limiting issue. All spraying earlier does for me is spin the tires harder.

Car is a cam/boltons A4 car putting 401/385 down (N/A numbers) + a 100 shot (dry).

I have a few suspension mods (TA, LCA's, SFC's) and drag radials to help it hook.

Registered Member

vCash
    The issue you will run into is if for some reason the car bogs, you are going to drastically increase your chance of an intake backfire.

The FJO controller is a very nice piece...it gives you the ability of ramping the nitrous by RPM or by time. It also allows you to program a ramp "curve" instead of just linear ramping.

The only down side is it requires a laptop to interface with, as all programming is done in a windows based application.

NOS just released a new product called The Launcher, which gives you the same abilities plus data logging and A/F shut down, and does not require a laptop. But does cost a little more.

vCash
    Yeah I really like the FJO piece. I am really interested in that new Dry Maf setup that NX is getting ready to put out. Should be a great part to help with A/F reliability!

vCash

Re: Who is spraying below 3000rpm?

Originally posted by red metal

This weekend I plan to bring it on around 2400 at X% and full on by 3400. I will be running a 125(flywheel) shot....... dry is the key
    Doesn't look like I will get to try out the new FJO settings this weekend, my wife is coming along with me to the track and here is a pick of were I mount the bottle.

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...ewimg&id=59004

vCash
    Chopstix I just realized that you work where I buy my stuff from..... Are you a sponser elsewhere??

Registered Member STANG KILLA SS's Avatar

vCash
    i sprayed my 100 dry off the line. never any problems after 3-4 years.

vCash
    It shouldn't matter because you shouldn't be dropping that low between shifts when you're racing anyways....and if you're spraying below 3000 and not going WOT you're comitting homicide to your bearings, so it won't matter for long.

-Will