Thread: The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller

Registered Newbie Harris Speed Works's Avatar

vCash

The New HSW Interface Air to Fuel & Timing Controller

They are on pre-sale until they start shipping out next week.

Introducing the world's first Air to Fuel nitrous controller; The HSW Interface. With The Interface controller you can now easily fine tune your air to fuel mixture without the hassle of swapping fuel jets or worrying about the nozzle placement in relation to the MAF sensor on your dry nitrous system. In addition to full control of your A/F curve The Interface can also retard timing when your nitrous system is active, so you can now run full timing NA and make max horsepower & torque and then safely and easily pull timing when your nitrous system is activated. Unlike some other timing controllers The Interface will show the timing being pulled when using a scan tool, so no more worrying if the timing is actually being pulled. The Interface can be easily installed into a pre-existing nitrous system and includes a pre-made wire harness for a simplified installation

Examples of Using The Interface:

Running a Dry Direct Port

Running a Dry Nozzle after the MAF Sensor (or before the MAF Sensor in a poor location)

Running a Dry Plate Kit

Adding fuel to a Wet Direct Port Kit (instead of wasting time changing fuel jets around)

Adding a little extra fuel to a Wet Kit to cure any "Lean Spikes" upon kit activation

How Does The Interface Work?

The Interface makes Air to Fuel adjustments using your Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor. Simply program The Interface as to what size shot you are running (adjustable from 5 HP to 315 HP in 5 HP increments). Full control over the A/F curve is now possible, allowing fuel to be added or subtracted. Timing control is done with the vehicles IAT Sensor. The Interface has a built in Diagnostics Mode & Safety Features. If the Interface detects anything wrong with the MAF Sensor it will not allow the nitrous system to become operational and trigger a Service Engine Soon (SES) light until the issue is resolved.

Feature Set of The Interface:

Air to Fuel Control

Timing Retard

Top End Engine RPM A/F Correction (Addition & Subtraction)

12 Volt or Ground Trigger (for easy integration into a pre-existing N2O system)

Adjustable Delay feature to prevent an initial "Overly Rich" condition (Rich Spike)

Built in Safety Features & Diagnostic Mode

More Info & Pricing: http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...roductid=16953

Registered Member

vCash
    Im in the process of using HPTuners, but this takes care of the issues I would be dealing with on a dry install..........

Registered Member

vCash
    Great product features and price! Having been working with EFI Live and my Nitrous setup, I wish this was out when before I bought a tuning suite! I would have saved a bunch of cash!

Jim

Telling it how it is..... red metal's Avatar

vCash
    So for the LS1 based car it can pull up to 3 degrees of timing. So what is the rule of thumb? Pull 1 degree of timing for every 50HP added? So this would be good up to a 150 shot to the average user without any PCM adjustments to allow more timing to be pulled?

vCash
    You don't need to pull any timing if you are using the factory timing up to a 150 shot. If you want to play it safe you can pull some timing out. Or if your timing has been advanced via a tune you will want to pull that timing back out. If you modify the IAT timing table via a tune you can use the Interface to pull out any amount of timing that you wish. GM uses different values in that table depending on the year/make/model.

Originally posted by red metal
    So for the LS1 based car it can pull up to 3 degrees of timing. So what is the rule of thumb? Pull 1 degree of timing for every 50HP added? So this would be good up to a 150 shot to the average user without any PCM adjustments to allow more timing to be pulled?

Telling it how it is..... red metal's Avatar

vCash
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I just changed my setup to a new H/C combo. Before I was running a cam only setup with the NOS 5177 kit and some tuning of the upper PE tables (by my tuner)

Well I had him tune the car N/A with the new H/C but I was not ready to spray the car so there is no adjusted or new tune for the nitrous with the new H/C setup. Now I am ready to spray and was thinking about using your interface with one of your nozzels behind the MAF for more consistant A/F control.

So how would that work for me LOL??

vCash
    Yes, that is what the Interface is made for. You could also run the nozzle(s) pre-MAF, you may set the Interface to add less fuel depending on how much N2O the MAF is reading. I think it's easier to run the nozzle post MAF and just set the Interface to what size jets you are running.