Thread: What nitrous kit (wet) would you buy?

Registered Member

vCash

What nitrous kit (wet) would you buy?

car 01 LS1, mods: nitrous cam, LT's, 3" exhaust. 150-175 shot is the most I will spray due to the stock internals. I don't know what kits or brands to stay away from.

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    Shoot Matt at Harris Speedworks a PM . He will be able to take care of you. Any simple EFI kit with a wondow switch of some sort will do the trick. Personally, and I'm sure there are some who disagree with me, I would stay away from the ZEX kit. Thats just my $.02.

vCash
    Originally posted by TheBiz
    Shoot Matt at Harris Speedworks a PM . He will be able to take care of you. Any simple EFI kit with a wondow switch of some sort will do the trick. Personally, and I'm sure there are some who disagree with me, I would stay away from the ZEX kit. Thats just my $.02.
    I agree.

Registered Member

vCash
    I would go with the dynotunenitrous kit.. best price..
    and if you see everyone on the ls1tech forums, everyone has it..
    and they all have nothing but good things to say about them and the company....

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idcategory=25

http://www.fquick.com/Quickblade

Registered Member

vCash

Re: What nitrous kit (wet) would you buy?

Originally posted by LX1
    car 01 LS1, mods: nitrous cam, LT's, 3" exhaust. 150-175 shot is the most I will spray due to the stock internals. I don't know what kits or brands to stay away from.
    Most of the name brands make a good kit....NOS, NX, ZEX, HSW, Dynotune, Nitrous Outlet, Edelbrock, NyTrex, etc

When shopping for kits look at the individual components as sometimes the cheapest is not the best value.

Since you are looking to run above a 150 shot I would highly suggest a plate system. A plate will give you better results on the larger shots. Nitrous Outlet, NOS, & HSW all offer 78mm plates.

I would also go with a kit that uses a large body solenoid as the small body/large orifice units have a disproportional coil to orifice ratio and have shown an inability to open under high bottle pressures.

Registered Member

vCash

Re: Re: What nitrous kit (wet) would you buy?

Originally posted by Chopstix
    Most of the name brands make a good kit....NOS, NX, ZEX, HSW, Dynotune, Nitrous Outlet, Edelbrock, NyTrex, etc

When shopping for kits look at the individual components as sometimes the cheapest is not the best value.

Since you are looking to run above a 150 shot I would highly suggest a plate system. A plate will give you better results on the larger shots. Nitrous Outlet, NOS, & HSW all offer 78mm plates.

I would also go with a kit that uses a large body solenoid as the small body/large orifice units have a disproportional coil to orifice ratio and have shown an inability to open under high bottle pressures.
    I was looking to get a plate system. I just didn't won't to go with a company that sells cheap parts.

Registered Member

vCash
    Call each company talk with there sales/tech staff....this will give you an idea of the level of service you could expect after the sale.

Ask about Bottle flow, solenoid flow, line length, materials used, etc.

As I stated before shop by Value...not price...and you will get a good kit

The NOS plate has a max flow of 200hp, and comes with large body 400hp solenoids
    The Nitrous Outlet plate will flow 400hp, large body 400 hp solenoids
    The HSW Plate is offered in either the Sudden Impact or Brute Force line...the SI uses a small body large orifice, the BF is a large body solenoid...not sure about the max flow

Registered Member

vCash
    Originally posted by Chopstix
    Call each company talk with there sales/tech staff....this will give you an idea of the level of service you could expect after the sale.

Ask about Bottle flow, solenoid flow, line length, materials used, etc.

As I stated before shop by Value...not price...and you will get a good kit

The NOS plate has a max flow of 200hp, and comes with large body 400hp solenoids
    The Nitrous Outlet plate will flow 400hp, large body 400 hp solenoids
    The HSW Plate is offered in either the Sudden Impact or Brute Force line...the SI uses a small body large orifice, the BF is a large body solenoid...not sure about the max flow
    Thanks for the info..

vCash
    I've had nothing but good luck with Matt at HSW

-Will

Registered Member

vCash
    Nitrous Outlet plate here works great. I think any of the Plate systems will make ya happy, look at how they work with how you want to mopunt your soleniods and pick the one with the look and goals that your seeking.

I used four venders putting my system together, top service and great advice with no pressure to buy from any of them...

HSW (Site Vendor-custom hoses, injectors,tuning advice w/injectors)

Dynotune (Dry kit, bottle and bottle accessories, gauges),

Nitrous Outlet (NX solenoids, Plate kit, soleniod bracket),

860 Performance (nozzles for dry, dyno, tuning advice)...

Registered Member

vCash
    I think I'm going to go with DN wet kit from HSW. I talked to Matt on the phone sounds like a great guy and he answered all my questions.

vCash
    It's a good choice. Ireally like the dual nozzle setup on mine. Make sure you have a smooth bellow though.

We now offer the NX mainline kit - it's a universal EFI kit. we have put one of these on a customer car, and it works QUITE well.

it's on our front page.

www.speedinc.com

give us a call for details.
    Speed Inc
    866-LS1-SPEED
    www.speedinc.com