Thread: Nitrous Help Needed.

PH/C/STL/SPR-LS1 formula_firehawk's Avatar

vCash

Nitrous Help Needed.

I threw a belt an broke my nitrous nozzle. I need to replace it. I was wondering if this N.O.S. Fogger nozzle is compatible with the Zex kit. Anyone know anything about

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ROUSCOMPONENTS

Thats what I broke.

http://thunderracing.com/?action=vie...s615_large.jpg

this is what Im trying to get instead.

Super Moderator

vCash
    As far as I know, it will work.

I will ask someone I know. that knows more about wet kits, to take a look at this thread.

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    Originally posted by QWIKLS1
    As far as I know, it will work.

I will ask someone I know. that knows more about wet kits, to take a look at this thread.
    Are you talking about me?

Yes, that nozzle will work. To be completely honest with you , it will be better than the ZEX system. The ZEX systems are pretty universal. The NOS and the NX systems are more tunable. You will be happy with the power increase if this nozzle. Just make sure you buy jetting to match the ZEX HP "shot". Too much jetting with a better nozzle will overwork the ZEX system.

Good luck man!

vCash
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.

vCash
    NICE avatar man..that WS6 with the just the fog lights on is BADASS

Registered Member

vCash
    Originally posted by TheBiz
    Are you talking about me?

Yes, that nozzle will work. To be completely honest with you , it will be better than the ZEX system. The ZEX systems are pretty universal. The NOS and the NX systems are more tunable. You will be happy with the power increase if this nozzle. Just make sure you buy jetting to match the ZEX HP "shot". Too much jetting with a better nozzle will overwork the ZEX system.

Good luck man!

where did this come from

The Zex box has solenoids that will flow up to 200hp...the standard N.O.S. black nozzle has an internal orifice size that limits flow to approx 150hp...so how can an NOS nozzle overwork the Zex box. The solenoids could care less what nozzle is connected to the end...they will even work the same if you don.t hook a nozzle up. Every wet kit has the same tunability also...you change the fuel jet.

Now on to answering the OP's question....yes any nozzle will work with the Zex box....make sure the jetting you use matches the reccomended jetting for the nozzle you choose. IF you use a NOS nozzle use NOS jetting...if you get a NX nozzle use NX jetting. Each company flows there nozzle and has a reccomended jet pattern specifically for their nozzle. If you use your Zex jetting and an NOS or NX nozzle you could drastically change the AF ratio.

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    Originally posted by Chopstix
    where did this come from

The Zex box has solenoids that will flow up to 200hp...the standard N.O.S. black nozzle has an internal orifice size that limits flow to approx 150hp...so how can an NOS nozzle overwork the Zex box. The solenoids could care less what nozzle is connected to the end...they will even work the same if you don.t hook a nozzle up. Every wet kit has the same tunability also...you change the fuel jet.

Now on to answering the OP's question....yes any nozzle will work with the Zex box....make sure the jetting you use matches the reccomended jetting for the nozzle you choose. IF you use a NOS nozzle use NOS jetting...if you get a NX nozzle use NX jetting. Each company flows there nozzle and has a reccomended jet pattern specifically for their nozzle. If you use your Zex jetting and an NOS or NX nozzle you could drastically change the AF ratio.

The ZEX kits have been notoriously outperformed by ALL the other major nitrous systems. It makes sense that a higher quality nozzle will perform more efficiently, and there for tax the rest of the system. Thats all I'm saying.

Registered Member

vCash

The ZEX kits have been notoriously outperformed by ALL the other major nitrous systems. It makes sense that a higher quality nozzle will perform more efficiently, and there for tax the rest of the system. Thats all I'm saying.
    A Zex kit jetted for 100 rwhp is equal to a NX kit jetted for 100 rwhp.

Zex's NMU is nothing more than a box enclosing the nitrous and fuel solenoid & a TPS activation switch. Zex's solenoids will flow 200hp...which is the same as HSW's sudden impact, Dynotune, NOS' super powershot, and Nitrous Express' main line.

Changeing the nozzle will not tax a solenoid any different...yes the nozzle may make different power but jet for jet most nozzles make almost identical power. The solenoids have a .078 internal orifice which will flow to the limits of that orifice...the jet is the limiting factor and will place no more or less strain on the solenoid. Even if you put a jet that is larger than the solenoids orifice it still won't affect the solenoid.

And no I don't have a Zex kit...I am running a NX MAF kit currently jetted for 200hp...but will soon be converting to a Nitrous Outlet Spray bar in a Edelbrock Vic-E jetted for 300HP.

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    So the long of the short is...yes, that nozzle will work.

vCash
    Thanks guys I am going to give it a shot.

vCash
    So the long of the short is...yes, that nozzle will work.

Congrats on being able to let it go.....some of us know what you meant for what its worth

-Will

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    Originally posted by TARZAN
    Congrats on being able to let it go.....some of us know what you meant for what its worth

-Will

Registered Member

vCash
    misinformation is worse than no information

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    Originally posted by Chopstix
    misinformation is worse than no information
    Alright its over. If you have anything else you need to say. You and your 41 posts can shoot me a PM. Let it go.

Registered Member

vCash
    aye aye capitan