Thread: ls2 engine upgrades

Registered Member

vCash

ls2 engine upgrades

i was informed that i could use the ls7 heads on my ls2.

what do you guys recomend for a good heads/cam package that will still keep my car smog legal?

what horse power increase should i expect.

Registered Member

vCash
    I would wait a few weeks to see if the intake manifold for the L92 heads release from GM.

If I had an LS2 C6 I would put the l92 heads with a mild exhaust port job on them for under a grand. Id choose a cam that the tuners spec out for it and you should be around 500 rwhp in a totally civilized and reasonably price package.

I wouldnt do the ls7 heads but rather the l92's once the manifold releases.

HTH and JMO

Registered Member

vCash
    Originally posted by JBsZ06
    I would wait a few weeks to see if the intake manifold for the L92 heads release from GM.

If I had an LS2 C6 I would put the l92 heads with a mild exhaust port job on them for under a grand. Id choose a cam that the tuners spec out for it and you should be around 500 rwhp in a totally civilized and reasonably price package.

I wouldnt do the ls7 heads but rather the l92's once the manifold releases.

HTH and JMO
    what is the l92 head from?

Registered Member

vCash
    Anton

These are the newest GM heads and from the Escalade I believe.

My suggestion is to hold off a bit because the hold up right now is the GM release of the manifold which should be in the next few weeks...

Its got an amazing flow right out of GM and with just a little porting ont he exhaust ports this motor with a cam should throw down 500rwhp...or so its been said...

This will be according the various tuners throughout the net think these GM l92 are the best flowing heads out of GM and at a price that is excellent.

If I were to do an ls2 motor in my present C5 Z06 I believe it will be an ls2 with these l92 heads and the soon to be released GM manifold necessary.

I think whats most attractive is the power and flow of these heads and of course the expected value pricing.

I hope this helps. The manifolds should be out within a few weeks from GM so it pays to wait this out.

The savings could be dramatic as will the power being produced.

JMO
    2001 ZO6 224/224 114lsa Cam Pkg 415rwhp 380 rwtq, dual comp 921 valvesprings, Halltech Tunnel Ram, Vette Doctors American Brand Racing headers, Vette Doctors Tune ASP 25% Pully, 3.73 Getrag Rear,2004 Z06 shocks,Shaner S2 TB,Hurst

vCash
    The LS7 Heads won't fit on a LS2 block unless you sleeve it.

I would reccomend a 230 cam and AFR 205 heads, good for 450rwhp

Registered Member

vCash
    yeah this looks to be a great setup for 1200 for fully assemble heads and intake and throttle body. the intake even has rails and injectors. the heads are about 400 each as well as the intake...great value. the heads are suposed to flow 330 cfm on the intake and 260 on the exhaust from the box. this is better then stage 3 ls6 heads from most places and better then some 2000 head from the aftermarket. gm is really steping up their game. they even have a block about to drop that will have us all drooling!!! the part number was in this month gm high tech performance mag...as well as my vette!!!!!

Registered Member

vCash
    has the intake that was being discussed been released yet?

Registered Member

vCash

Im Getting Ls7 Heads

I spoke to Jason up at Katech and they do custom LS7 heads. They are kinda pricey but he says with the ls7 intake and heads on your ls2 can produce additional 40HP. I think its worth it.. They one they are going to build for me is a 427 LS2, all forged internals that will produce over 600 RWHP.

Registered Member

vCash
    Let me ask a quick question then. If I use these new L92 heads and intake (BTW anyone have a part number for the intake?) with a left over cam that I have (224/228 on a 114), hardened pushrods, dual springs and KOOKs LTs in my 05 LS2 GTO (auto tranny) would the gains be significant? I dynoed the car with 1000miles on it and saw 341 to the wheels. It's got 10Kmi. on it now and feels significantly stronger then when new. I need the car to be streetable but would ultimately like to see 500rwhp at some point. How close would this get me?

Registered Member

vCash

Interested in the L92/L76 combo

Guys,

I'm new to the forum and have a 2006 GTO 6-spd. I became interested in the L92 Heads and L76 Intake Manifold after reading about them in the Feb edition of GM High Performance.

I guess the big question is "if one were to go with this combo and a moderately aggressive cam, would there be "driveability" in the car for daily driving?"

Also, anyone looked into ported versions of the L92s?

Registered Member

vCash
    I have heard that the ls7 heads are flowing over 400 cfm that was told to me by a guy named Jason. Now if those were stock heads he was talking about being ported and polished to the works I say thats pretty damn good!

Registered Member

vCash
    Jason works at Texas speed!