View Poll Results: How old are you? The proud owner of a 19/20XX vette?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16-18

    1 3.03%
  • 19-21

    6 18.18%
  • 22-25

    6 18.18%
  • 26-28

    5 15.15%
  • 29-32

    4 12.12%
  • 33-36

    3 9.09%
  • 37-40

    2 6.06%
  • 41-43

    3 9.09%
  • 44-48

    2 6.06%
  • 49-52

    0 0%
  • 53-56

    0 0%
  • 57-60

    0 0%
  • 60-65

    0 0%
  • 65-70

    1 3.03%
  • 70+

    0 0%
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Age of corvette owners?

  1. #1
    Registered Member Jared's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Grapevine, Tx
    Posts
    3,293
    vCash
    500

    Age of corvette owners?

    I was outside polishing my SS, and began to think, "what is the average age of a corvette owner"? I would guess the average f-body owner is about 22-26. I think the average corvette owner would be MUCH older than that, and theres one easy way to find out!

    Vote now!

  2. #2
    Werd Cam's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    12,293
    vCash
    500
    I'm 28.

    Based on polls I've seen like this on vette forums, I can tell you that your average Z06 owner is in his 30's, and your average coupe/vert owner is anywhere from his late 30's to early 50's.

    Again, that's just on average. You'll find plenty of people outside that spectrum (older and younger) who own Corvettes.

    I don't believe the stereotype of people buying a Vette due to a midlife crisis is correct. I believe that the people who can afford a new vette happen to be middle-aged, and would have bought one sooner had they been in a financial position to do so.

  3. #3
    1200 CC Bigger Than A 455? Chief Pontiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Port Richey
    Posts
    24,607
    vCash
    500
    I will be 52 when I buy my ZO6.

  4. #4
    I Love Corvettes!!
    Patman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    8,629
    vCash
    500
    I'm 34. I bought my first Corvette at age 21 though, it was a 1984 Corvette (bought in 1991)

    1998 Black C5 coupe (3.15 A4)
    Best ET-12.81 at 109.4 mph

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    179
    vCash
    500
    i am a young one, 20!!! had her for 2 years and also own a 76' vette

  6. #6
    ~buh bye~ Red22's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,198
    vCash
    500
    20 driving an 04 , i had a C4 when i was 16-19

  7. #7
    Daddy's money must be nice for a few of you

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    179
    vCash
    500
    no daddy's money here!!! i hate that SH*T, bought and paid for them both!!!

    my names on the title

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    I'm 67. Been driving Corvettes since 1959 when I bought my first one, a '56.
    Now waiting for my dealer's allocation to come up so I can spec out my C6 and place the order. The wait seems interminable. 'Till then my '98 C5 will just have to do.
    jackcasa

  10. #10
    Master of Grammar :story: Johnny_Pappis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Red Hook
    Posts
    2,599
    vCash
    500
    yea my freind is about to turn twenty he wants a c5 real bad so i think hell be a corvette owner by 20

  11. #11
    Registered Member Jared's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Grapevine, Tx
    Posts
    3,293
    vCash
    500

  12. #12
    Registered Member G-Money's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    626
    vCash
    500
    18, 00' 6spd. cpe.

  13. #13
    GM Killer

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    484
    vCash
    500
    21 this is my first vette(99FRC)...

    I have alot of other toys also
    "Gays don't vomit. They are very clean people. And they have been that way ever since they came over to this country from France"

  14. #14
    PiMpIn4pOoN dvandentop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    sioux falls sd
    Posts
    3,665
    vCash
    500
    22 almost 23 now

    was 21.6 when i bough my z06 used for 28k

  15. #15
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    179
    vCash
    500
    looks liek alot of young guys are getting the C5....

  16. #16
    Damn Dog! Mako's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,350
    vCash
    500
    All things considered, I think that on this forum you will probably run into alot of the younger guys because that is the age group you generaly run into here. If you do this on one of the corvette forums that cater or draw the older corvette owners then the outcome will be very diffrent.

    Just my .2 cents... no wait, make that only 1 cent.

  17. #17
    1200 CC Bigger Than A 455? Chief Pontiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Port Richey
    Posts
    24,607
    vCash
    500
    Originally posted by ZO6Cam
    I'm 28.

    Based on polls I've seen like this on vette forums, I can tell you that your average Z06 owner is in his 30's, and your average coupe/vert owner is anywhere from his late 30's to early 50's.

    Again, that's just on average. You'll find plenty of people outside that spectrum (older and younger) who own Corvettes.

    I don't believe the stereotype of people buying a Vette due to a midlife crisis is correct. I believe that the people who can afford a new vette happen to be middle-aged, and would have bought one sooner had they been in a financial position to do so.
    I agree ZO6Cam I am buying one for two reasons I have the money and I want one.

  18. #18
    Nemesis MillenniumVette's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in hurricane alley!
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    500
    24 here, bought it when I was 22. And I paid for mine myself.
    Featured in the 2008 Fast & Sexy Corvette Calender, website, and magazine.
    2002 Millennium Yellow Corvette
    Mods: Umm.. there are a few things on it that are still stock.

    R.I.P. '02 Camaro LE SS SS#1872 LE#571 Stolen Feb. of '03

  19. #19
    PGR2 GOD Radarmanz28's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Altus Ok
    Posts
    9,935
    vCash
    500
    42 here

  20. #20
    fugitive information willy02's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,708
    vCash
    500
    I bought my '02 vette at 21, sold it when I was 23. Will likely have another one in the future.

  21. #21
    13K Posts Over There LS1 HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    500
    Originally posted by c5kid
    no daddy's money here!!! i hate that SH*T, bought and paid for them both!!!

    my names on the title
    I hear that.

    That's the typical response "Daddy's Money."

    Bought my '00 at 20. 21 now. Pay for every bit of it.
    Originally posted by Mako
    All things considered, I think that on this forum you will probably run into alot of the younger guys because that is the age group you generaly run into here. If you do this on one of the corvette forums that cater or draw the older corvette owners then the outcome will be very diffrent.

    Just my .2 cents... no wait, make that only 1 cent.
    Candace
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring
    Daytona Blue
    M6
    Mods: V1 that doesn't have a cigarette lighter to plug into.

    Yes, it's slow.
    PICS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •