Thread: Wow friend got screwed on a Volt package ...

vCash

Wow friend got screwed on a Volt package ...

SO basically she wanted a Volt, got the Premier because she wanted this comfort package 2 (has lane warnings and all this other shit)

She would have just gone for the LT .... but paid more for the premier to get it

About 2 weeks into owning the car discovers it is a Premier but doesnt have the Comfot Package 2 on it ...goes back to the dealer ... oh yeah ... sorry ... well we charged you for hte package so we will give you a $500 refund for that but you are fucked cuase u paid mroe for this car cause you wanted that package not

vCash
    I think you are referring to Driver Confidence Package 2.

vCash
    Call GM Customer Service...

They're not gonna be happy. Ass-kickings will be fired down range with an urgency if they mis-represented that car.
    Last edited by PacerX; 11-08-2017 at 04:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerX View Post

They're not gonna be happy. Ass-kickings will be fired down range with an urgency if they mis-represented that car.
    This. If the story goes as you're telling it kasim, GM should get it taken care of.

vCash
    Let GM know.

There's a local Ford dealer that doesn't like me too much after they sold a friend a salvage title car as a certified preowned...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerX View Post

Cool will do ... yeah i mean she would have been fine giving hte car back and getting what she paid for but they were like "no too much time has passed"

And yeah Hemi Driver Confidence Package 2.

vCash
    Well, if it took her two weeks to realize it, I guess she is a confident driver!

Registered Member speed_demon24's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: spddmn24
    Shitty thing for the dealer to do, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who can't be bothered put a little effort into doing some basic research on a $40k+ purchase.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead SS PSN ID: MorphWS6 XFIRE ID: MorphWS6
    How do you not realize this before signing up on the car? Did you not look at the window sticker?

IG: eightyfivesquared 70Chevelle's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ls1Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    How do you not realize this before signing up on the car? Did you not look at the window sticker?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasim View Post
    SO basically she wanted a Volt, got the Premier because she wanted this comfort package 2 (has lane warnings and all this other shit)

She would have just gone for the LT .... but paid more for the premier to get it

About 2 weeks into owning the car discovers it is a Premier but doesnt have the Comfot Package 2 on it ...goes back to the dealer ... oh yeah ... sorry ... well we charged you for hte package so we will give you a $500 refund for that but you are fucked cuase u paid mroe for this car cause you wanted that package not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead SS View Post
    No it was off the car by the time she got it.

I think it was one of those things she told them what she wanted with what package and they were like ... Oh yeah we have a car with this color we can get it prepped for you etc.

She's pretty busy with work etc

So should she just call a chevy 800 number or?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Chevelle View Post
    you arent wrong ... her last car she bought i went with her to buy and actually found the particular car. She tends to get very particular on color and packages

To be fair they even charged her for the price of the car based on the package too ... so whatever it was $500 more thna the regular Premier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Let GM know.

There's a local Ford dealer that doesn't like me too much after they sold a friend a salvage title car as a certified preowned...
    how the hell does that even happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 02black View Post
    how the hell does that even happen
    scummy dealer thought they'd get away with doing it to a woman who isn't knowledgeable about cars.

vCash
    So got the more full story.

She works for Accenture so most of the week she's remote, and she takes care of her mother.

Anyways so. This is what happened. Her and the dealer were texting back and forth.

He sent her a picture of the car with the package and the price. (by pic of car i mean like a window sticker)

She's like great i will take it! (all in text)

SO when she goes in person to get the car. The guys like hey its new but it has 1000 miles (probably due to all the times they let people test drive it for a day or somethng)

SO he tells her for $100 more i can get you the same car but with 0 miles. (same color all)

I mean kind of a no brainer ... so she goes for it ... course it didnt occur to her to even look at the sticker to see if it was the same car.
    Last edited by kasim; 11-08-2017 at 10:42 PM.

vCash
    eh, actually, it sounds like her fault for being an idiot

vCash
    partially I mean I get it ... the guy says "this is the exact same car" .... ones like ... ok ... I mean I would have believed him but I would have wanted to see the car first as well.

All cops everywhere suck Det.Scat's Avatar

vCash
    A friends now wife (years ago) bought a new Hyundai (or Kia... along those lines) and complained how the A/C wasnít cold.

The car didnít have air

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Det.Scat View Post
    A friends now wife (years ago) bought a new Hyundai (or Kia... along those lines) and complained how the A/C wasn’t cold.

The car didn’t have air
    Heh, a coworker had a new Nissan Altima I think it was that he said didn't have AC. I walked out and looked at the car. Pointed out all of the AC components and the button for it. Apparently they never charged the system at the factory or the dealer before selling him the car. Once it was charged it worked like it should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Potent68 View Post
    Heh, a coworker had a new Nissan Altima I think it was that he said didn't have AC. I walked out and looked at the car. Pointed out all of the AC components and the button for it. Apparently they never charged the system at the factory or the dealer before selling him the car. Once it was charged it worked like it should.
    ... that is funny and sad ... yeah pretty much cold air is tested on any car here even in January LOL

vCash
    Did she not verify that the car she bought even had that special package that she "needed"? It took her two weeks to figure it out?

I mean this is pretty common sense stuff, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridZ28 View Post
    Did she not verify that the car she bought even had that special package that she "needed"? It took her two weeks to figure it out?

I mean this is pretty common sense stuff, no?
    Well in fairness the package didnt have things that jump out and say "i'm here" ... it was more like lay avoidance, and detect the car in front of you cruise, and things like this.

wasnt till she decided she wanted to use one feature busted out hte owners manual to figure out how and the button to activate it wasnt there.

Super Dee Duper Moderator

vCash
    partially I mean I get it ... the guy says "this is the exact same car" .... ones like ... ok ... I mean I would have believed him but I would have wanted to see the car first as well.
    Exact same car

Last edited by 98 SNAKE EATER; 11-09-2017 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    Figures a jewish lawyer would defend the shyster...

Buyer beware, but that's a shitty thing for a dealer to do.

vCash
    Well in fairness the package didnt have things that jump out and say "i'm here" ... it was more like lay avoidance, and detect the car in front of you cruise, and things like this.

wasnt till she decided she wanted to use one feature busted out hte owners manual to figure out how and the button to activate it wasnt there.
    I understand that now. Hopefully she's contact GM and they will make it right.

Slowest SS in Dee F Dubya JUSTINASS's Avatar

vCash
    my only comment, there is a douchebag motherfucker i see several days a week on my commute to work...two lane industrial park with big rigs type area...
    this motherfucker drives like he is trying to get to an E.R. to have his dick re-attached...
    i want to put him into the fucking wall weekly...
    moral of story - all volt drivers suck

Registered Member

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollHottie View Post
    Let GM know.

well a salvage title certifies that it was a pre owned piece of shit

vCash
    That sucks.

Opposite thing happened to us with the wife's car. We found the car in Virginia, it was missing the Driver convenience package (memory seats, lane departure warning, Automatic Cruise control) so we negotiated and priced off of what they listed it had and agreed to buy it and drove the 5 hours to get it. When we got there it had every package you could select (around $3500 MSRP extra) and the dealer had no idea I guess. I never told the wife during the test drive and looking it over. I told her once we were on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FirehawkNS View Post
    That sucks.

Opposite thing happened to us with the wife's car. We found the car in Virginia, it was missing the Driver convenience package (memory seats, lane departure warning, Automatic Cruise control) so we negotiated and priced off of what they listed it had and agreed to buy it and drove the 5 hours to get it. When we got there it had every package you could select (around $3500 MSRP extra) and the dealer had no idea I guess. I never told the wife during the test drive and looking it over. I told her once we were on the road.
    thats awesome, so she never noticed it actually had the memory seats etc.

vCash
    thats awesome, so she never noticed it actually had the memory seats etc.
    Not at the dealer. As soon as I walked up to the car I saw the camera in the window and knew it had the automatic Cruise and knew lane assist was packaged with it. The dual memory seats I think we're packaged with something else. The only thing it didn't have was all wheel drive. I was happy as every other car we found with these options were 3k more before negotiating everywhere else.