Thread: 2018 Chevrolet Traverse First Look: Going for a Truckier Look

vCash

2018 Chevrolet Traverse First Look: Going for a Truckier Look

Chevy adds two new trim levels to better mine the growing appetite for for SUVs
    The post 2018 Chevrolet Traverse First Look: Going for a Truckier Look appeared first on Motor Trend.

More...

vCash
    Not bad.

The new Traverse is similar in dimension to the model it replaces, but an extra 2.0 inches of wheelbase and 0.7 inch more overall length creates room behind each row of seats. The second row can slide with a child seat intact to ease entry into the back row, where there is more room than in the larger Tahoe. And the Traverse can swallow the obligatory 4-by-8-foot piece of plywood after opening the hatch with a swish of a leg. A Bow Tie–shaped pool of light on the ground shows where the sensor is, so you don’t look like you are doing a bad chicken dance with an arm full of groceries.
    I thought it was getting smaller.
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 01-09-2017 at 07:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Not bad.

I thought it was getting smaller.
    Well it was known it wouldn't get as downsized as the Acadia per GM, but I think all are pleased its pretty close to the original's dimensions, even a hair larger as it was moving to a new platform.

Personally I like how it looks more Tahoe-ish and less like a raised minivan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    Well it was known it wouldn't get as downsized as the Acadia per GM, but I think all are pleased its pretty close to the original's dimensions, even a hair larger as it was moving to a new platform.

Personally I like how it looks more Tahoe-ish and less like a raised minivan.
    Wait a sec... I've read two different things. Is the Acadia, Traverse, and Enclave going to be on the same platform or no?
    Last edited by DANSBIRD; 01-09-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Freddy's spicy fry sauce > *.* GldRush98's Avatar

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Damn, I kinda like that
    Too bad there is no V8 option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Wait a sec... I've read two different things. Is the Acadia, Traverse, and Enclave going to be on the same platform or no?
    They're all the same platform now (as well as Caddy XT5) but 2 different versions/sizings. The Acadia and XT5 share one wheelbase, and likely Traverse/Enclave the longer version. What was the "Lambda" platform shared by the original 3 (and old Saturn Outlook) is now a scalable C1XX platform based off the old Epsilon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Epsilon_platform#C1XX
    Last edited by NHRATA01; 01-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    thanks