Thread: LS2 Problems in my TBSS...Help?

Registered Newbie

vCash

LS2 Problems in my TBSS...Help?

Hopefully some of you guys on here can help me out. Tonight i ran my trailblazer a little too hard and i didnt know it was 3 quarts low on oil...well the low oil light started flashing...i turned around to go back to the nearest store that was just half a mile away....i pulled into the parking lot and the motor was rattling a little and then it died. Few minutes later my brother came to see what we could do...we put 2 quarts of oil in it after it cooled down and it will do like a half of a crank...kinda like the battery is dead. The motor is not seized...it will turn over half a turn or so....i suck at explaining this but is there ANY thing else to try or do to save the motor? It has us baffled to why it will turn over half a crank and then quit like the battery is dead...we even hooked jumper cables to it but it still done the same thing.... It has 102,000 on it...this trailblazer is my baby!

Suffering ends when craving ends... Hyperion's Avatar

vCash
    Spun bearings seizing the motor enough that the starter can barely turn it?

Registered Newbie

vCash
    About what would it cost to get the motor rebuilt? it's in a 2008 Trailbazer SS....i still cant believe it screwed up...

Registered Newbie

vCash
    Well i just went out and tried starting it again...it started! BUT...it doesnt sound too good....its got a bad internal problem....would it do any good at all to change the oil and filter and put fresh synthetic in it? Maybe some kind of lucas addative? God please let my motor be saved

vCash
    Well honestly running the motor 3 quarts low is just about guaranteed death. I had a GTO that started making a noise and it had spun a main bearing and after some research there were quite a few that had the same issue.

Without seeing it there is no way to tell but with past experiences I'm going to say the bottom end is trash.

vCash
    Post a vid of how the motor sounds.

vCash
    Also post this on LS1tech, it is a much better technical site. This site is mostly for people to talk about current affairs and BS each other.

Registered Newbie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Also post this on LS1tech, it is a much better technical site. This site is mostly for people to talk about current affairs and BS each other.
    Awesome thanks...i'll check it out.