Thread: 2k2 SS - Tweeter install options

I can haz bowling too???? Dzydvl's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dzydvl76

Urgent Help Needed 2k2 SS - Tweeter install options

Afternoon everyone,

I've been out of the car stereo world for a while, in fact the last system I put in for myself was in my Cavalier. Unfortunately I have a speaker that's buzzing, so it's time to bite the bullet. I have the Monsoon system, and from what I've read the amp isn't too bad if you don't plan on going overboard, which I'm not. Ultimately I'm planning on putting a new HU, I miss my Sirius XM, and maybe a sub in the cubby, but that isn't a necessity.

Back in 2000 when I had my Camaro I installed the tweeters in q-forms. The difference at that time, I had an Alpine EQ system that helped with the imaging (I know it's not necessary, but I can be picky at times). Unfortunately I no longer have that system, I wish I did, I absolutely loved the Boston Acoustics Pro 6.53 (3 way component system). Alas they are no more, so I'm looking for a solid replacement. My question is this. Realistically the two mounting spots for tweeters would be either the plates that replacement the side mirror or picking up a backup set of windshield pillars and mounting them there.

What are your recommendations? I've done some searches, but the posts are a little aged in terms of speaker choices. I know in the end I could go with Kee, and if I can't find a good recommendation that will be my choice.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gameskin
    on where to put the tweeters I'd do the side mirror plates

And for subs you might want to look at sundown audio. They are well known with the spl crowd but there lower models are very good for the money. And their 8s can take serious power and sound like 10s but in a smaller space. Look at their E and SA lines.

I can haz bowling too???? Dzydvl's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dzydvl76
    Thanks for the information... I will take a look.

I was able to get a set of pillars for both sides, so I'm thinking of putting the, in there.. Just looking around at how people have done theirs and will go from there..