Need wiring help: LS2/T56 in 240z
Based on some advice I got, I sent my PCM and engine harness to a wait4meperformance. Supposedly it would return as a 3-wire plug&play unit. 400 bucks later, I have a rat's nest on my hands! The company doesn't return phone calls or emails, and when I do get them on the phone, they say, "I don't know, let me check into that and call you back" which never happens. I don't think they read much of the letter I sent with my harness, either, which detailed my application. The harness came back with no instructions, just a GTO wiring diagram, which I already had. No relays, no fuse block. I have purchased fan and fuel pump relays and a Painless wiring 7-circuit fuse block which has 4 ingition circuits and 3 constant hot circuits. I have found a wire that is hot on ingition to use as a control for the ignition switch relay on the fuse block. I am running the GTO drive by wire throttle pedal, but the brake and clutch are 240z.
So, I need some help if I can get it. I have very specific questions if anybody can help. My questions contain the wait4meperformance tags-wire color/stripe-and my questions. Feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if it is easier.
1) Is the same harness used by the factory for auto trans and T56? If so, that may explain why I have some wires that I can't make sense from.
2) Park/neutral switch-green/blue-do I need this?
3) I have a Cable-X box for the Speedo conversion with the stock speedometer. The harness is tagged for speedo output from the PCM-a purple/white wire. The VSS plug on the trans has a blue/white wire and a brown/orange wire coming from it. Which wire do I send to the Cable-X box?
4) stop lamp switch-blue/red-do I need this wire? The z-car has it's own brake light system that works.
5) battery positive voltage-orange/black-does that need a fuze, what amperage fuse?
6) crank volts-purple-do I connect this to the starter solenoid activation wire?
7) accessory voltage-yellow-do I connect this to a source that is hot when the key is in "acc" position? What is a good location for a wire to tap into for that power?
8) starter relay control-yellow-what do I connect that to?
9) engine control relay coil control-brown-what do I connect that to?
10) wait4meperformance combined several wires and spliced them to a 10 gauge wire and labeled it ignition volts. There are two such 10-gauge "pigtails." The first 10 gauge wire has leads that are pink, pink, pink/blue, orange. The seond 10 gauge wire has pink, pink/blue/, red. I think I am supposed to connect those to the switched side of the fuse block, does that sound right?
11) back-up lamps-light green-do I need this if I plan to splice my chassis back-up lamp wiring directly to the 2-wire back-up light switch?
12) clutch anticipate switch-purple/white-do I need this if I plan no cruise control and have 240z pedals?
13) brake release switch-brown-do I need this?
14) extended travel brake switch-gray-do I need this?
15) the fuel pump, fan relay (2), and drive by wire leads (6) seem pretty self-explanatory.