Thread: Thinking about putting a 150 shot on a Z06...

Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrppppppp ppp Roger Z06's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Roger Z06 Vette

Thinking about putting a 150 shot on a Z06...

I am thinking about putting a 150 wet shot on my totally stock 03 Z06. I know the engine can take it and all and am not worried about it messing up after I put the NGK TR6's and full throttle switch and window switch.

I was wondering if there is anyone who runs nitrous on a stock car and if they can tell me how vital it is that I tune the car for the shot before letting it eat . I have heard a lot about people just changing the plugs and letting a ls1 or ls6 take the nitrous and they had no problem... I am just checking to see if anyone disagrees or has had a bad experience.

Thanks Roger.

Registered Member

vCash
    That is up to you. How much do you like your engine? I would not risk it If I were you. A full tune is under 500 bucks. A new engine, well over 500 bucks. Plus it would run better with the tune as well.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Ok, from what I have heard a nitrous tune consist of but is not limited too adding fuel, more spark, pulling for me... 4* of timing and I believe that is it... Am I right?

Boom Beach Nazi

vCash
    Not necessarily more fuel, but a nitrous tune would involve being more conservative with the timing curves.

They make nitrous controllers that only pull timing while you're spraying. That way you don't hurt your N/A performance. Something like this would be the way I would go.

Do you have a shop locally that has a dyno with a wideband A/F?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Yes I do, so I am going to be looking at some methods to get it tuned... I have a friend with a computer program that will pull timing from my vette... also bump up the injector duty a little make more spark I was thinking that is really all I need.

I'm slow :nownana:

vCash
    I have a bone stock 04z06 and I spray a 150shot on it and have had no problems. I did zero tuning on the car and when I put it on the dyno air fuel did great without any lean spikes. I put a sticky tire on it at in over 4000DA ran a 6.93 at 99.49mph. I don't think you will need the computer tuning at all as long as you don't have any other mods at all but getting into putting anymore parts on it I would say that a tune would be necessary. I do run a wet kit also. Just put it on a dyno and watch the air fuel and see where it goes.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by maroonz28
    I have a bone stock 04z06 and I spray a 150shot on it and have had no problems. I did zero tuning on the car and when I put it on the dyno air fuel did great without any lean spikes. I put a sticky tire on it at in over 4000DA ran a 6.93 at 99.49mph. I don't think you will need the computer tuning at all as long as you don't have any other mods at all but getting into putting anymore parts on it I would say that a tune would be necessary. I do run a wet kit also. Just put it on a dyno and watch the air fuel and see where it goes.
    That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much maroonz28.

vCash
    you got your answer so don't be a wuss and hose that the hose down.