Thread: Best N2o Kit for me?

Your Drywall Man!

vCash

Urgent Help Needed Best N2o Kit for me?

Okay i have a 2000 SS m6. The motor is a 440cid LS7 with all forged internals and Hell-Fire rings. I have a Moser 9inch with 3.73's and a dual disc Textralia Clutch. This is not a full blown race car, so i do not need to be trying to flog the piss out of it with excessive amounts of nitrous. I need to stay with a wet system becuse my injectors would not be safe enough to spray a dry kit more than a 50 shot.
    I am looking for a suggestion for a full set-up w/ all the safety switches and window switches, everything from A-Z.

Registered Member

vCash
    how much nos do you want to run

Your Drywall Man!

vCash
    No more than a 250 shot all together, even if i break it up into two stages.

Registered Member

vCash
    do you want a direct port or a plate style or hidden setup

Your Drywall Man!

vCash
    Probably just a plate system. I really like the T-N-T F1 and F2 systems.

Your Drywall Man!

vCash
    Ok. Plans have changed, i upgraded the injectors to 60lb MSD and added a MSD in line pump, plus upgraded the in tank unit. So i feel like a dry kit will be better suited for my needs now. But i would like for some of you guys to offer some opinions on what kit and so on.
    2000 SS Camaro M6 Red-440cid LS7 Forged Callies crank(4.125 Stroke),Forged Rods, Forged Manley Pistons,Comp Custom Ground Cam(244/258-612/580 @115LSA)Hellfire Rings,CNC'd L92 Heads, Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tubes, Custom Built true duals, 90/90 Intake and TB, McLeod Street Twin, 9 inch w/ 4.30's, MSD 60lb injectors, MSD in-line, Racetronix in-tank, PA racing torque arm & STB, BMR LCA's & Rear Sway Bar, QA1's on all 4 corners

2005 K3500 D-Max Dually / 430rwhp-837rwtq-GONE!

2009 Z-71 4x4 6inch Procomp stage 2 lift, 35x12.50x20 Extreme AT's

Registered Member

vCash
    I would stick to a wet plate kit for ease of install and tuning

Your Drywall Man!

vCash
    Originally posted by Chopstix
    I would stick to a wet plate kit for ease of install and tuning
    Wet kits IMHO are far harder to install and are "tuning required" for sure. Dry kits are MUCH easier to install and need NO tuning. You gotta love MAF's.

Registered Member

vCash
    Originally posted by 440cidLS7
    Wet kits IMHO are far harder to install and are "tuning required" for sure. Dry kits are MUCH easier to install and need NO tuning. You gotta love MAF's.
    A wet kit is no harder to install than a dry kit....has a couple more connections thats it.....

Dry kits rely on proper nozzle location for the MAF to accurately give you the proper fuel enrichment.

Lets assume after you install the dry kit your A/F is 12.8 on spray...your option to "tune" a proper A/F is to either change nozzle locations or change the tune in the PCM.

With a wet kit...you change the fuel jet.

Dry kits on the LSx platform works great...but I don't like them for a LTx as they rely on bumping the fuel pressure instead of changing the injector duty cycle.

Your Drywall Man!

vCash
    I will agree some what about the wet kits. There are though a few more steps involved in installing them.
    And i have access to a pretty good speed shop that is close to my house and they already have all of the locations nailed down pretty well. Plus they can tune my PCM any time. You can rest assured that the tune will be dead nuts before i start spraying. I appreciate your input. Keep in touch...........

I love (.)(.) and \*/ silverzz28's Avatar

vCash

Your Drywall Man!

vCash
    Originally posted by silverzz28
    Thanks for all of your help jack-bump!
    I am guessing by the super mature comment above your avatar (which if you are a male should go un-said)you must be at least 14 yrs old.