Thread: Fbodfather made it through surgery.

vCash

Fbodfather made it through surgery.

Scott has a little repair work done and had to have a "stent" inserted in some plumbing around the heart. He made it through without complications and is on the road to recovery.

Something tells me our resident "smoker" is going to need to reevaluate the need for the nicotine and drop the habit.

E

Realtor at RE/MAX Welcome Home mrgto's Avatar

vCash
    Was that why he was in Boston?

Is he still in Boston?

vCash
    I gathered what information I listed from chirpthird.com I don't have any more details other than those I listed.

Sorry.

E

vCash
    I had no idea he was "ill". I'm glad to hear he is OK and doing well

The F-Body Guy

vCash
    All -- thank you for your concern and kind thoughts.

I started to get chest pains several weeks ago -- and got one bout that caused my arms to go numb.....that was both a scare and wakeup call........so I called my Doc who immediately ordered a stress test. (no stress at GM!!)

.....test came back that there was, indeed blockage --specifically in the lower anterial somethingorother -- better known as "the widowmaker" --

so.......flew to Philadelphia where my Doctors put me under and went in and did angioplasty and stenting. Turns out the widowmaker was 90 percent blocked - another 60 percent blocked.

The good news - and there's lots -- is that there is no heart damage -- and they were able to successfully stent the areas. Now I must modify my diet and behaviors-- and that starts with Smoking. As one member of another board put it "If you're gonna smoke something -- make sure it's a Mustang, not cigarettes!" -- gotta start watching what I eat -- and once done with recovery, gotta get back into the gym. I'm still in Philadelphia recovering --- and hope to be back on the road in about another week or two.

Blog Entries
    vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: warpedrotors PSN ID: warpedrotors
    glad everything turned out ok. good luck on your recovery and quitting smoking.

vCash
    Glad you're alright Scott. Put those cigarettes in the trash and leave 'em there!

ls1 Collector

vCash
    concentrate on this new camaro. that should keep you busy and forget about smoking. if youre ever around here let me know we'll go workout.

GM and ls2 needs you man!

vCash
    I'm really happy to hear that you pulled through your surgery

Space and Time

vCash
    Hey man, good thing there was no real permanent damage. Good luck on dropping the bad habits and picking up new ones

vCash
    Originally posted by Fbodfather
    All -- thank you for your concern and kind thoughts.

I started to get chest pains several weeks ago -- and got one bout that caused my arms to go numb.....that was both a scare and wakeup call........so I called my Doc who immediately ordered a stress test. (no stress at GM!!)

.....test came back that there was, indeed blockage --specifically in the lower anterial somethingorother -- better known as "the widowmaker" --

so.......flew to Philadelphia where my Doctors put me under and went in and did angioplasty and stenting. Turns out the widowmaker was 90 percent blocked - another 60 percent blocked.

The good news - and there's lots -- is that there is no heart damage -- and they were able to successfully stent the areas. Now I must modify my diet and behaviors-- and that starts with Smoking. As one member of another board put it "If you're gonna smoke something -- make sure it's a Mustang, not cigarettes!" -- gotta start watching what I eat -- and once done with recovery, gotta get back into the gym. I'm still in Philadelphia recovering --- and hope to be back on the road in about another week or two.
    You better damn well know that next time I see you in Texas I will give you major shit if I see or smell cigarettes on you

Registered Member

vCash
    Yeah, no more smoking and good to hear you are fine.

vCash
    I had no idea. Best wishes on the recovery!

If you’ve got the time.... Jack Daniels's Avatar

vCash
    Good luck with your recovery.

Super Moderator

vCash

vCash

Re: Fbodfather made it through surgery.

Originally posted by eboggs_jkvl
    Scott has a little repair work done and had to have a "stent" inserted in some plumbing around the heart. He made it through without complications and is on the road to recovery.

Something tells me our resident "smoker" is going to need to reevaluate the need for the nicotine and drop the habit.

E
    my dad had that done 2x. Doing well with it so far. Good that he is recovering well