Thread: may take the plunge this winter

Leaving, on a Jet Plane RealArmyMan's Avatar

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RealArmyMan26

may take the plunge this winter

i've got a buddy with a zex wet system he pulled off his rsx just sitting in his garage. he has onlyhad it about a year or so and it was only on the car for a few months. are zex systems pretty nice? he said he'd sell me the entire system for 500, including 10# bottle, all plumbing, jets, nozzles, brain, etc. seem like a good deal?

oh ya, and i would be purchasing it this winter and installing it as well. but would not use it til the first few days of spring.

Super Moderator

vCash
    THIS NEW SYSTEM > Your buddy's used Zex kit.

$500 for a used basic nitrous kit is pretty pricey.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

holy balls...that's significantly cheaper than his used one. anyone have any experience with this kit? how big of a shot should i start becoming concerned with upgrading my fuel pump and/or injectors? i only plan to do 75-100

vCash
    Gamer IDs

and also, would i be able to connect his purge kit to this system?

Super Moderator

vCash
    I'll try to get the attention of an LT1 nitrous guru in here to answer your questions.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by Ole
    I'll try to get the attention of an LT1 nitrous guru in here to answer your questions.
    awesome. thanks man!

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    The ZEX kit, IMO is one of the lowest quality as far as actual power production (ex. 150 shot usually actually yields 130-135 hp range). Ease of installation, and "don't blow my motor up" simplicity are pluses with the ZEx kit on the other hand. $500 is still a little pricey for a used N2o kit, let alone a ZEX kit. If you are serious about a nitrous kit, there are other options out there. Personally, the NX GM EFI kit is one of the nicest kits on the market. NX actually is the only nitrous company that gets more power out of their jetting than what is advertised. There are also a couple LS2 sponsers that make nice kits as well. Harris Speedworks makes a NICE kit.

As far as HP shots, you are pretty much safe until the 100 hp mark. Some guys swear up and down that you can spray 150 all day long with stock fuel system. That is up to you. At 100 shot, I would think about atleast upgrading the fuel pump. You can get a Walbro 255 for close to $100. Its cheap insurance against a leaned out motor on juice.

As far as the purge...thats something you will have to research or call Harris about it. 9 times out of 10, a purge is a purge and will hook up to pretty much any system. There is always that one chance.

I would do a little research before diving into the used ZEX kit. In the end its all up to you, but make sure you make an informed decision. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

The Guru has spoken. You're welcome Mr. Ole.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

ya, i was looking at the harris speedworks kit and thought it was a pretty decent one. and the price isn't all that bad either. much better than the used zex kit my buddy's got. i'll probably be getting it within the next month or so. possibly next couple weeks

Bone Stock..True Story.

vCash
    Originally posted by RealArmyMan
    ya, i was looking at the harris speedworks kit and thought it was a pretty decent one. and the price isn't all that bad either. much better than the used zex kit my buddy's got. i'll probably be getting it within the next month or so. possibly next couple weeks
    Good to hear. Nitrous, if properly used, can be a good time. I would recommmend a window switch of some sort as well to add another layer of safety.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

does that progress the nitrous from a smaller amount to the full amount you want to shoot?

vCash
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: joenub
    no, a window switch lets the juice fly at a certain, preselected rpm and stops it at another. you're thinking of a progressive controller.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

alright. ya, i'd like to spray a little after i hit second and all thru third so that'd be nice

Registered Newbie Harris Speed Works's Avatar

vCash
    Comes with a lifetime warranty too, along with jetting based at the rear wheels, and stainless steel jets off the top of my head. Usually a purge is a purge, you may have to pick up a fitting to intergrate into the kit, or you can pick up a new one with a lifetime warranty on it at a discount when you pick up a kit lol.

Let me know if you have any questions on the kit.

Thanks,
    Matt

vCash
    Gamer IDs

i know this is gonna be a useless question, but i'm gonna ask it anyways...you guys have a military discount? and i was looking at your site and noticed that if i add a purge to the kit then it's going to cost 74.99 and if it's bought seperately then it's 69.99. any reason behind this? is it just a different purge or what? oh ya, and just wanted to inform you that on your website, the display for your bottle heater on your home page, the word then, needs to be changed to than. 20% more efficient than any other bottle heater. thanks for your help

Registered Newbie Harris Speed Works's Avatar

vCash
    For the price difference on the purges take a look at the nitrous kit description:

Please note that the Bottle Heater kit & Purge kit includes all wiring & electrical connections (weather tight) along with full color installation manual.

The wiring kit is an add on for the purge kits, the price that is displayed does not include the wiring kit, where as if you purchase it along with a nitrous kit is does include the wiring kit, hence the price difference.

Sorry, we don't offer any discounts if there is a current sale on the product.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by Harris Speed Works; 10-05-2006 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Gamer IDs

alright. just wanted to make sure.

vCash

Re: may take the plunge this winter

i've got a buddy with a zex wet system he pulled off his rsx just sitting in his garage. he has onlyhad it about a year or so and it was only on the car for a few months. are zex systems pretty nice? he said he'd sell me the entire system for 500, including 10# bottle, all plumbing, jets, nozzles, brain, etc. seem like a good deal?

oh ya, and i would be purchasing it this winter and installing it as well. but would not use it til the first few days of spring.
    I don't know if that's a good deal...you WILL get good deals and the support that comes along with it if you buy something new. Sure it's wonderful to have all these forums to ask the questions that will arise. but a phone call to your vendor can be nice too.

Camaro Joe

vCash
    I got my kit from nitro dave's, and got great service as well as a very very complete kit.

vCash
    Originally posted by 67Ranger
    I got my kit from nitro dave's, and got great service as well as a very very complete kit.
    Me too...and I agree
    Low fat and calorie mod in progress...picking up speed daily.

vCash
    Originally posted by Xfactor
    Me too...and I agree

x3 for Nitrous Outlet....nothing wrong with HSW though, they seem to know their shit