Thread: Is it my clutch,petal assembly,or both that is sticking under WOT on NX wet 150 shot?

Registered Member

vCash

Is it my clutch,petal assembly,or both that is sticking under WOT on NX wet 150 shot?

I have a ZO6 clutch now on my '99 Camaro 6spd with 4.10 gears, but still, from a dead stop at WOT, my clutch sticks after the NX wet 150 kicks on and shifting to the next gear and stomping on the throttle again just leaves the clutch partially stuck in forever....burning it up and not allowing the full power to the ground.

Is it my clutch?
    Is it my petal assembly?
    Is it my 4.10 gears?
    Is it all of the above?

Anything I can do besides comments telling me to change clutches?

If I do a roll out it is fine....just when I use it from a dead stop is when I have this prob? I remember reading some sort of GM recall or problem with petal assemblies as well?

Thanks,

Rich
    Last edited by Z28er; 09-14-2006 at 02:26 AM.

Registered Newbie Harris Speed Works's Avatar

vCash
    Have you tried doing the drill mod to the master yet? Install University has a write up on it if you havenít. More then likely your clutch is on it's way out too.

Matt

Registered Member

vCash
    I have the drill mod and the updated hydraulics....did it when they installed the ZO6 clutch and flywheel. I even got and upgraded pilot bearing, and it still does it. The clutch is fine w/o the NX, but once I hit it out of 1st from a dead stop, it can't handle the power or something? It feels like it is sticking in a little instead of all the way out?

I am having my local GM dealer bleed my haydraulics and look for leaks to see if this is the problem.

Thanks for the info,

Rich
    Last edited by Z28er; 09-16-2006 at 05:41 AM.

Registered Member

vCash
    The Z06 clutch is not alot better than the stock one you had in there..Your throwing rocks at a glass house...Put a Spec III or better in there....
    99 SS Mac mids, 2.5 true duals, lid, free ram air, Sunami cam, AFR 205 heads, Patriot gold dual springs, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, spec III clutch, msd wires, tr6 plugs, 125 dry shot. S2. ASP U/D pulley. 4.10 gm gears. SQR tune

vCash
    i have a 2001 t/a and it does the same thing...w/o drill mod...i'm running a 100 shot and when i race i spray in 1st also....my pedal will stick and sometimes i cant even get into 3rd....we both need a better clutch set up.....

Registered Member

vCash
    Maybe, but I was going to do the SPEC III at the time...it just seemed there were to many probs...people would complain all the time about crazy chatter noise, etc.

Is the SPEC III really our prob?

Rich

Registered Member

vCash
    Originally posted by Z28er
    Maybe, but I was going to do the SPEC III at the time...it just seemed there were to many probs...people would complain all the time about crazy chatter noise, etc.

Is the SPEC III really our prob?

Rich
    The chatter is not bad at all. Only the first 500 miles or so...My spec III has held several 5000 rpm drops and held just fine on the hose. If you know how to drive, chatter is not an issue. You can't pussyfoot around with it..Drop that bitch and go..There is no feathering any good aftermarket clutch...
    99 SS Mac mids, 2.5 true duals, lid, free ram air, Sunami cam, AFR 205 heads, Patriot gold dual springs, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, spec III clutch, msd wires, tr6 plugs, 125 dry shot. S2. ASP U/D pulley. 4.10 gm gears. SQR tune

Registered Member

vCash
    Nice comments, that made me laugh...For the first time, I saw the bleed method on the drivetrain section by Ramos...this sounds exactly like my prob...last two inches are not coming out on the clutch...I will try this first and report back in a few, otherwise, I guess some day I will have to pony-up on a SPEC III.

Rich

2006 GTO

vCash
    Get a better clutch. A spec II or III would do fine.

vCash
    Originally posted by 5letr
    Get a better clutch. A spec II or III would do fine.

i agree...wish i could afford a textrilla or spec